Macross Plus in BD!!! OVA w/ English Dub & Movie w/En

treatment

I'm reserving judgement until I know the origin and accuracy of these subs. If memory serves, the Manga subs replaced some Macross terminology with stuff from Robotech.

Wait, seriously?? OK, is this another one of those "obviously you guys on the internet have never heard of sarcasm, duh" things? If not, then... Wow. Just.... wow. :rolleyes:

Yup, its playing at a few locations around Japan, so hopefully some of our non-Tokyo based members can get in on the action too!

Some English info for those who need it:

http://www.macrossworld.com/4654/commemorative-macross-plus-theatrical-screenings-announced/#more-4654

The online reservation has just started about 10 minutes ago. I have done it.

I will go on May 2nd.

I'm reserving judgement until I know the origin and accuracy of these subs. If memory serves, the Manga subs replaced some Macross terminology with stuff from Robotech.

So... the previous remastered DVDs had no English at all, and now because of (perhaps) one mention of "Reflex" weapons, and a couple instances of spelling "Zentradi" with an extra "e," you're gonna skip it.

That makes perfect sense...

I've never ordered from Amazon Japan before, I hope you can answer my questions.

1. Do I need to open a new account even though I have a U.S. amazon account?

2. Since this is a Japanese release, are the menus easy to navigate for the "Japanese impaired"?

3. Is Amazon JP the best way to order the set?

4. Will my U.S. PS3 be able to play this blu ray set?

Reggie

I've never ordered from Amazon Japan before, I hope you can answer my questions.

1. Do I need to open a new account even though I have a U.S. amazon account?

2. Since this is a Japanese release, are the menus easy to navigate for the "Japanese impaired"?

3. Is Amazon JP the best way to order the set?

4. Will my U.S. PS3 be able to play this blu ray set?

Reggie

2. No way of knowing until the set is released, but its not like a BD menu is difficult to figure out.

5. Yes. Japan and US are the same BD region.

The online reservation has just started about 10 minutes ago. I have done it.

I will go on May 2nd.

Just got my ticket. I'll be there on May 10th. I really wish they had also shown the Macross 7 movie "The Galaxy is Calling Me", too, though, just so we can then recreate the "Macross Festival 1995" roadshow.

Just got my ticket. I'll be there on May 10th. I really wish they had also shown the Macross 7 movie "The Galaxy is Calling Me", too, though, just so we can then recreate the "Macross Festival 1995" roadshow.

I just checked the online reservation system "KINEZO."

Seems only the tickets for May10th are sold very well. On the verge of being sold out.

Everybody wants to watch the talk show by Kawamori-san and Isamu's VA. :)

Edited by antibiotictab

I just checked the online reservation system "KINEZO."

Seems only the tickets for May10th are sold very well. On the verge of being sold out.

Everybody wants to watch the talk show by Kawamori-san and Isamu's VA. :)

Tell me about it... I finally had time to go to Shinjuku today to get a ticket, and... they had just sold out. <_<

Tell me about it... I finally had time to go to Shinjuku today to get a ticket, and... they had just sold out. <_<

You need a instruction?

Have you already signed up the member of KINEZO? Not yet? If so, the beat way to do it is to find out someone who understand Japanese. And he/ she can help you.

Wait, have you never been to the previous screening, the "OrenoUtawoIkebukurodeKike" event, and so on? So sorry...

You need a instruction?

Have you already signed up the member of KINEZO? Not yet? If so, the beat way to do it is to find out someone who understand Japanese. And he/ she can help you.

No, I asked one of my friends to help, but they didn't have a credit card.

Is it too late, or should I show up on the 10th and hope that someone cancelled?

No, I asked one of my friends to help, but they didn't have a credit card.

Is it too late, or should I show up on the 10th and hope that someone cancelled?

No one can cancel it after paying for it. They say every member should know it beforehand, Even though his/her circumstances and the delay of traffic.

"お客様のご都合及び交通事情などによる座席の変更・キャンセルは致しかねます、あらかじめご了承ください。"

Try Yahuoku (Yahoo Auctions)?

No one can cancel it after paying for it. They say every member should know it beforehand, Even though his/her circumstances and the delay of traffic.

"お客様のご都合及び交通事情などによる座席の変更・キャンセルは致しかねます、あらかじめご了承ください。"

Try Yahuoku (Yahoo Auctions)?

Not a member. I still checked tonight.

Nothing.

Not a member. I still checked tonight.

Nothing.

People who want to book the tickets on KINEZO have to be the KINEZO members in advance. To buy them is the next step.

I don't care about the talk show because no use to struggle for it for me; the next chance comes as is often the case in Japan. And the movie released long ago and I don't expect some new information. Moreover, I am not an enthusiastic MP and M7 fan at all as I said before in the Speaker PODcast Episode 7.

I will go to the screening this time because I wanted to watch DYRL more than MP on the large screen. But I also expect if MP change my impression better than before or not.

People who want to book the tickets on KINEZO have to be the KINEZO members in advance. To buy them is the next step.

I don't care about the talk show because no use to struggle for it for me; the next chance comes as is often the case in Japan. And the movie released long ago and I don't expect some new information. Moreover, I am not an enthusiastic MP and M7 fan at all as I said before in the Speaker PODcast Episode 7.

I will go to the screening this time because I wanted to watch DYRL more than MP on the large screen. But I also expect if MP change my impression better than before or not.

It's tough when you work on the weekends, and have to ask for Saturdays off WAY in advance...

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely buying the Blu-ray, but a little disappointed there's no PS3 Hybrid game, especially as the models for the YF-19, YF-21, SDF-1 and Ghost X-9(?) are already done in M30.Graham

I understand where you are coming from, but hybrid packs have only ever been done for Macross theatrical, standalone features. Neither SDFM TV BD, M0 BD, MFTV BD, M7TV BD or FB7 BD had games/hybrid packs. So, having one for M+ would actually have been very unexpected and against the established release pattern to date.

The detailed reports will be come by Tochiro and the other members after May 10th, I just want to write the impression without spoilers.

Macross Plus. The impression has changed thanks to the large screen. Macross the movies should be watched in the theater. More powerful than I have expected. The peculiar scenes I pointed out in Speaker PODcast 7 before are not so bad, I felt.

Imo, the music also should be remastered. The Dolby sound system doesn't be used so well, i.e. some percussion parts are obscure.

I thought Yoko Kanno's music has been influenced by many other musicians' works. And wonder what her true original style is. In MP, so John Williams-ish, but in MF, I didn't feel like that.

I thought 2 tunes resemble the other artists' ones.

The one is just like Pat Metheny's "Above the Treetops."

And the other is like Masayoshi Takanaka's "Ready to Fly." The first 50 seconds or so.

DYRL. It was the BD version, so the "gro" scenes are censored. Some pieces of dust on the cells and the digital noise are a bit highlighted. And the scenes sometimes looked out of focus. This one is not for the screening with other Macross movies, I thought.

But If it were shown alone, it would be not so bad.

Itsuwari. After watching DYRL, the technology of animation, especially CGI is so different. Its sound is also great. When Sheryl called Alto, the voice could be heard from the right speaker only. Yes, the 5.1 sound system is actually used.

I re-confirmed I really like MF. The directions are so great, really great... Gundams never do like those.

I would remember some other things, but I just wrote down my impression for the time being.

post-14942-0-98314400-1367564881_thumb.jpeg

post-14942-0-12944600-1367564904_thumb.jpeg

Good morning...

post-14942-0-60689000-1367564929_thumb.jpeg

Great! It's disappointing to hear about the sound quality, though.... Especially since one of the selling points of the Macross Plus BD is the new 5.1 mix of the soundtrack. Maybe they didn't use it? (They played the disc in stereo by mistake? :wacko: )