Macross Plus in BD!!! OVA w/ English Dub & Movie w/En

treatment

I think it's pretty cool, but I do agree with Treatment, thematically, the minimalism works better for Plus.

That said, I am glad to have the best of both worlds -- my "minimalist" LDs and DVDs, and "psychedelic" Blu-rays. Excellent!

Err... Way too busy and loud box-art. Artist trying to overcompensate on something?

Inner jacket art is kinda meh, too.

Still preferring the minimalist-but-simply-awesome box/art of the remastered dvd-version.

Completely agree, not digging it at all. Far prefer the Tenjin YF-19 / YF-21 cockpit art on my original Japanese DVDs.

Graham

Wut?

Color look fine even with amazon's obscenely bad media player.

I just hope it's just amj's player messing it up.

Did some snaps on it.

tint-file shows more tealish shade than blue.

tint1-file shows oversaturation of teal.

tint2-file shows some oversaturation on the orange and reds/pinks background and a faded skin toning on Sharon.

tint3-file shows more Sharon's face as more greenish/tealish and the whites are more eh. Sharon's hair shows a different kind of red shading on the amj player, too.

Like I said, hope it's just amj's player messing up the colors.

post-263-0-69321300-1364867218_thumb.png

post-263-0-07980100-1364867243_thumb.png

post-263-0-41897800-1364867304_thumb.png

post-263-0-67371700-1364867319_thumb.png

I just hope it's just amj's player messing it up.

Did some snaps on it.

tint-file shows more tealish shade than blue.

tint1-file shows oversaturation of teal.

tint2-file shows some oversaturation on the orange and reds/pinks background and a faded skin toning on Sharon.

tint3-file shows more Sharon's face as more greenish/tealish and the whites are more eh. Sharon's hair shows a different kind of red shading on the amj player, too.

Like I said, hope it's just amj's player messing up the colors.

I see what you're saying, but I don't think there is anything to worry about. If I were to take a guess I would think the 'discoloring' is due to the compression and the scaling algorithm/software used. I'm no expert by any means when it comes to video and I may very well be wrong here, but I'm basing my guess off of some readings I've done over the years in regards to video quality - all in the pursuit of viewing the source as it was originally intended to be viewed. Anyway...take it with a grain of salt.

Macross Plus Movie Edition theatrical screening confirmed! Details tbc. Sweeeeet!

Wald 9 again? Or Toho Cinemas Roppongi Hills? Like a DYRL screening before as an event of "Roppongi Anime Night?"

I hope it will be also screened at Osaka and before I left Japan. :ph34r:

Tochio said "details tbc" yesterday (Oh? In Japan, yesterday), he will answer it in detail sooner or later.

I googled and got it. What I can say to you is "no worry."

In Tokyo, Osaka, Hakata(Fukuoka), Hiroshima, Niigata and Tokushima.