Macross Plus in BD!!! OVA w/ English Dub & Movie w/En

treatment

Glad I looked at the back of the case. I was getting frustrated I thought my elite receiver was making a mistake since it wasn't 5.1 surround. Lol apparently only the movie is. The picture quality is so clear compared to the manga version. First opening fight scene is awesome!

Gonna watch the movie tomorrow after I watch all four episodes. Don't wanna drive my neighbors nuts. The bass is shaking the floors already!

Im too late to the party. It says Macross Plus blu ray is out of print on CD Japan and Amazon Japan. :(

WHAT?!!! Damnit! I was waiting for another movie release on the 26th so I could save on shipping :angry:

Is it known whether or not if this is a limited release that won't be restocked??

The plot thickens....

This trailers audio track is disabled in USA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi7Q0vK0Nw8

I'm in japan and it's disabled here, too. I'm not sure exactly what you're implying though, according to the vid description the uploader ripped it from the Madman Australia site, so it might not even had had Macross Plus music on it in the first place. And if it did, maybe Madman themselves pulled it.

This has nothing to do with the Blu-ray release at all.

watching it right now. ova intl version. from my tv.

so far, it's DAMN PRETTY and appears quite more vivid for the most part. no grain detected, yet.

it's like newly drawn. :-)

i'll try to do some snaps tomorrow. or sunday.

probably... :-)

Edited by treatment

ok.

Finished ep-1 and i did noticed BV seems to have upped the magenta-highlighting in certain parts. Like on Myung's cuffs and from the Zentradi's exhausts in the opening battle scenes. The VF-11b's exhaust highlight-color is muted cyan.

Sporadic and only in few scenes. I'll have to check the old remastered-dvd if it was ever there, too.

Ep-2 now and no sign of it detected, yet. Quite cleaner so far.

Crap! BV added it too much and quite unnecessarily on the YF-19's maiden thrust exhaust and on the YF-21's exhaust during the city trials/fight. grrr!!! DAFUQ, BV!!!

Sorry, guys. I'm just OCDing on this rather unnecessary shenanigans by BV.

Edited by treatment

ep-3 completed.

No shenanigans detected. Just some minor softness in the airport scene between Myung and Kate.

Sharon is awesome.

Holy crap! Ep-4's dub is ...Weird! Yang and Guld are different.

and Sharon, too.

This is so messed up.

Isamu's new vocals seems ok. Definitely not Malcolm's Dad.

Yang's vocal is Love Hina's Kietaro (David Umanski). Can't recognize Guld or Sharon.

Edited by treatment

This is soo messed up.

Guld sounded alot older and Isamu sounded alot younger.

Weird.

Bridgett Hoffman (Beldandy/ Rem/ Mahoro) is Sharon's new vocal.

wow.

Sharon is not as menacing anymore. I just can't get menaced by Beldandy/Mahoro/Rem's vocal. It's impossible. They're too ...nice and sweet char vocals to do a rogue AI.

I gotta rewatch the Mangle version now for this ep. It just ain't right.

Edited by treatment

lol!

You weeabos never ceases to amuse me. No "goice" and no "screenz" for you two!

Just wait for your own copy and decide for yourselves. :D

And fwiw, the "International" Version is new to me and I never knew about the alternate english-dub of ep-4. Deal with it.

Edited by treatment

I just ordered. It would arrive at my home in 2 days (June 24). Thank you again sir. :)

WHAT?!!! Damnit! I was waiting for another movie release on the 26th so I could save on shipping :angry:

Is it known whether or not if this is a limited release that won't be restocked??

Still available on HMV Japan. Make it quick to order it.

Edited by Macross007