I'm stuck at 99% in game because of a glitch in Mission 14

For those that are at Mission 14 or before it.

Do Not, I repeat, DO NOT pick up the Stun Grenade Blueprint and retry if caught or get killed when you pick it up. If you do it glitches out forever and you can't pick it up till Konami Patches it

That's what I like about V. The game doesn't really punish you for killing someone. There are obvious advantages to tranqing enemy soldiers but in rare instances, I like being able to freely go lethal without my rank being hurt as in previous games.

With Quiet, though, you can have your cake and eat it. Put a tranq rifle in her hands and watch the magic happen. B))

I'm stuck at 99% in game because of a glitch in Mission 14

For those that are at Mission 14 or before it.

Do Not, I repeat, DO NOT pick up the Stun Grenade Blueprint and retry if caught or get killed when you pick it up. If you do it glitches out forever and you can't pick it up till Konami Patches it

To add to that, I hear that you risk getting a game save corruption if you use Quiet as a buddy in missions 29 and 43. Konami hasn't released a patch for that either.

I'm currently in a sniper duel with her. Rocket launcher don't work. She dodges rockets by leaping 50 feet in the air.

Yup, what VF-ZeroS said. Drop ammo supply on her twice, and she'll be knocked out cold for an S Rank.

BTW, I just played Blood Runs Deep...really, Kojima?! While I managed to get an A rank in a single try, it was really annoying trying to get those damn kids to just stay! They almost never f**king listen. All the while, enemies are closing in from the front and rear, and you end up having to babysit those rugrats while fighting. Quiet was a real help, but in the end, they still got a visual on the kids and came rushing toward my position.

I started the mission at night, and by the time I tranq'ed all the enemies in the mine and fulton'ed them, it was already sunrise. Should have just smoked a Phantom stogie until it was night time again before going down that ravine.

Apparently, as per the latest patch...

she's stuck in the brig

No, that was before the patch, you just have to wait 'til MIA status clears out of the staff menu before recapturing. Unfortunately, nothing comes of it yet.

No, that was before the patch, you just have to wait 'til MIA status clears out of the staff menu before recapturing. Unfortunately, nothing comes of it yet.

I was not aware of that - I just figured it didn't register after you redo the mission, and basically ignored it all. My mistake. :p

I hope it doesn't turn out like that annoying "Silent Basilisk" bug.

I thought Konami had patched the Quiet mission bug? At least in the UK I was getting a message on start-up saying that bthey had.

Yeah, my bad. I've been staying offline playing MGSV the whole time, and it never occurred to me to go online to check for updates.

I was not aware of that - I just figured it didn't register after you redo the mission, and basically ignored it all. My mistake. :p

I hope it doesn't turn out like that annoying "Silent Basilisk" bug.

I've been reading some threads on the Silent Basilisk thing, and it seems he does eventually get "fired" after you fully expand Mother Base and keep Fultoning soldiers with better stats. Can't confirm this, though. The low-stat interpreters are still hanging out at my intel strut, and no matter how many times I throw them into the waiting room, they automatically get shuffled back to the Intel unit.

Yeah, my bad. I've been staying offline playing MGSV the whole time, and it never occurred to me to go online to check for updates.

I've been reading some threads on the Silent Basilisk thing, and it seems he does eventually get "fired" after you fully expand Mother Base and keep Fultoning soldiers with better stats. Can't confirm this, though. The low-stat interpreters are still hanging out at my intel strut, and no matter how many times I throw them into the waiting room, they automatically get shuffled back to the Intel unit.

Well so far, I'm at max Mother Base development, and the guy's still around - actually, there's 2 of them now. "Silent Basilisk" and "Ziang Tan".

The game refuses to let you get rid of them.

Well so far, I'm at max Mother Base development, and the guy's still around - actually, there's 2 of them now. "Silent Basilisk" and "Ziang Tan".

The game refuses to let you get rid of them.

That's bad news. Often times, just one or two extra A+ or A++ staff can make the different between the facility being leveled up enough for a certain weapon development or not.

Oh, and I'm about to start mission 21 - War Economy, where...

apparently you get interrupted and are asked to return to MB to stop an invasion, namely mission 22 - Retake the Platform. The worst part is that if you fail the mission, there's no restart, and you permanently lose all your men who've been taken hostage--this is their idea of a tutorial for online FOB, which I'm not interested in playing.

So, any tips for this one? Essential equipment? I know buddies and supply drops are disabled for this mission.

I'm really starting to hate Kojima.

Edited by GU-11

Play mission 21-22 offline. If memory serves... when you fail there, mission 22 should show up by itself on the list.

Tranq pistol & CQC should do fine, find a spot to ambush guards on the 1st level, eventually you'll whittle the enemy down to the commander at the top of the platform.

When mission 22 popped up I went in loaded for war with some battle dress, LMG and shotgun. I ended up not using any of those and wasn't spotted, all you need to do is fulton the enemy commander.

The FOB stuff is actually pretty fun and you gain more than you lose from random attackers. If you actually take the time to invest into security measures and have a few platforms for them to traverse then chances of the attacker succeeding are pretty small. I've probably been invaded 10 + times and between my defense, other random players defense and just the AI no one has made it to the end goal. If you are afraid of losing personnel in R+D you can just put locks on them to keep them from being stolen.

Edited by dizman

As usual, thanks for the advice, guys!

I've actually maxed out MB and the vast majority of my soldiers are A+ and above (except for those in the waiting room), so I guess I should be all right. I don't usually play online though (limited bandwidth and monthly quota BS).

Out of curiosity though, what are these "hackers" I keep hearing FOB players talking about?

I haven't heard about hacking in FOBs on console, only on PC. Something like making a silenced LMG sniper rifle in the game files and taking it online.

Been playing MGO for a bit, it's pretty fun but I miss Sneaking Mission mode and my Croc Cap.

I haven't heard about hacking in FOBs on console, only on PC. Something like making a silenced LMG sniper rifle in the game files and taking it online.

Doesn't sound as bad as the infamous "spawn-point ambushes" in most other FSP's, but it still sounds like a nightmare to FOB base defenders if some guy tried god-mode'ing through an invasion.

Anyway, I just survived mission 28 - Code Talker. For the first time since I started using Quiet, I got killed thrice by those Skull snipers--twice using Quiet (they killed her rather quickly and sniped me while I tried to sneak past them), and once when I tried using D-Walker to hightail it to the waterfall. The third time around, I called in a tank and wiped the floor with them. The mansion infiltration wasn't so bad, but getting out was a nightmare. Quiet can't do much with the enemy hiding inside, and after I got spotted, it was basically run-and-gun all the way. Not exactly a flawless mission, but I got out alive, at least, and miraculously earned a B rank.

And now. on to mission 29. I've been hearing great things about D-Walker and it's Gatling gun when going against skull soldiers. Fortunately, I've been steadily upgrading its armor and Gatling

before the language epidemic after you complete mission 25

and from what I've seen on youtube, it should be a cakewalk, as long as there's open space and you keep moving while firing to avoid the black mist and jump attacks.

D-Walker + Gatling gun against Skull soldiers is truly a sight to behold. Totally shredded their armor, and 3 minutes was all it took. I think I'll redo Metallic Archaea and Where do Bees Sleep, using D-Walker for the last part and try Fultoning some Skulls.

Edited by GU-11

You mean the Serval? I haven't unlocked that one yet. Still using the first unlocked Brennan. It takes down heavy infantry, but not sure it it's strong enough for Skulls.

I'll certainly try that out later--it'd be nice to take down Skulls without having to dismiss her for D-Walker. After using Quiet for so long, I just can't get used to solo'ing or using any other buddies on missions anymore.

I think I may be relying a little too much on Quiet. I just replayed Where Do Bees Sleep, trying to S Rank it using her. It turns out, enemy equipment and ranks increase as you progress even on missions you've previously played--I could have sworn there weren't any heavy infantry the 1st time around. Even with a silenced Guilty Butterfly, she got taken out by the troops in Smasei Laman. In a rage, I called for D-Walker and went terminator on the soldiers with a Gatling gun--quite therapeutic, I have to admit :lol: . After calming down a little, I restarted from a checkpoint and with a bit of patience, managed to tranq the whole base and Fulton'ed everyone. Got a measly B rank for it, but at least I completed the optional tasks. On the next try, I'll try heading straight for Smasei Laman to save time.

BTW, Quiet's grenade ricochet is really great against helicopters. Unlike rocket launchers, it doesn't cause an alert.

Well, I just finished mission 31--surprisingly fun.

It's now obvious that Quiet becomes less and less "fire and forget" as the game progresses. While still a major help, she can easily get injured enough to be pulled out of the AO if the enemy starts spraying her general direction with machine gun and mortar fire. I now have to get off my lazy ass and take down the more "dangerous" soldiers myself (snipers, and heavy infantry--basically those who are either hard for Quiet to kill with tranq darts or are able to spot and injure her), before using "cover me." Hopefully the wormhole fulton and hand of Jehuty will make things easier for me.

Not a fan of the recycled missions on harder difficulties, though. Seems to not be worth the effort. That said, I'd better complete them while I still have Quiet with me.

I kinda wish there were more OSP missions, those were great fun. Rocket arm/blast arm are the best, who needs spinning electric arms when Snake can yell ROCKET PAWNCH and kill a man with his fist. Damn I just realized he should yell rocket peace too, missed opportunity Kojima.

I kinda wish there were more OSP missions, those were great fun. Rocket arm/blast arm are the best, who needs spinning electric arms when Snake can yell ROCKET PAWNCH and kill a man with his fist. Damn I just realized he should yell rocket peace too, missed opportunity Kojima.

Well, "Rocket Peace" already happened in Peace Walker, so it's covered.