1/72 VF-!S: The Gold Treatment

Ahab

Cool, photo etched inner frame.

Actually, that's the whole model, not just the frame.

Looks kinda cool, but probably a real PITA to build.

I like how there's a big don't photograph sign on the bottom of this photograph. :)

Not sure I like this one. This kind of treatment looks astounding on WW1 aircraft, where the build works really well. Here, not so much - for me at any rate.

I like how there's a big don't photograph sign on the bottom of this photograph. :)

But it comes from Yamato’s blog! I’m pretty sure Yamato staff is allowed to take pictures of Yamato stuff ^_^

Back in topic, I like the idea but I'm not interested if it's not 1/60.

Awesome kit, if Yamato will ever get around in producing it!

It will be a real pain to build it, virtually no mistakes allowed when bending those brass parts, any re-bending will either snap it in two or create uneven surface. Another downside, it will look shiny only for a short time, a little oxidation and it will turn dull and agian almost impossible to clean!

Even after all these issues, I still want one :p

I'd spray it some kind of aircraft metal frame colour - it would be pretty hard to glue and file and keep the brass clean and have the same sheen throughout construction. Maybe we could wire up the internals and create a cutaway or combine it with a 1/72 Hasegawa model for the skin in some areas - that would be a huge project!

Now I have a place to install those overtechnology turbines I've got laying around :p This would be PRIME to do a detailed buildup - or lose your sanity over ;) - MT

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...