so whats your favorite macross?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. so whats your favorite macross?

• Macross TV series
    • Macross DYRL?
    • Macross II
    • Macross Plus (series or movie)
    • Macross Zero

My all time favorite is DYRL followed closely by the original TV series and Flashback... everything else after that is a shallow imitation or a rehash of previous greatness in my humble opinion. I win no friends with my feelings on Macross but as soon as it left the '80s it lost a lot of what made it special to me.

I agree with that. I do like Macross Plus(alot) and Zero but they don't feel very Macross. It's very obvious that Macross Plus was made into a Macross story instead of being created as one. Macross Zero just looks too advanced to be a prequel. I do like it though.

DYRL is my favorite. I like the TV series but it hasn't aged well. I find it difficult to watch now. Flashback 2012 is nice.

Macross 2. Not bad but last time I watched it I fell asleep lol Its a DYRL rehash. Why watch this when you can watch DYRL.

And as far as Macross 7 goes, nice try Kawamori but no thanks.

post-2-1070845387.gif

But Macross 7  has no place on that list - it's a sub-standard anime series not worthy of the name Macross.

If Kawamori could only read English.....One must call for his froatiness to cast the Robotech-demon out of this non-believer's soul. For the rest of us, let us pray in silence.

No M7 on that poll... Jeez some people. I should just make a poll where you only have one choice. Screw the rest, you can only vote for M7. :p

agreeance.

I can't believe he said that about Macross 7! :angry: Macross 2 I could care less about.

How come there was no poll choice for 'all'?

I love all Macross equally and don't really have a fixed favorite. :p

Yes, I even love MII.

Even if really pushed I couldn't decide on just one favorite, but would have to break it down between TV series, OVA and Movie, in which case my favorites would be: -

Favorite Macross TV Series = Macross 7.

Favorite Macross OVA = Macross Plus (this may change after I've seen all 5 eps of Zero though).

Favorite Macross Movie = DYRL.

Graham

One must call for his froatiness to cast the Robotech-demon out of this non-believer's soul. For the rest of us, let us pray in silence.

lol, no Robotech demons in this soul. I've yet to hear any actual reasons why it's so beloved. I think it's not actually the series you guys love, but what it means for your Macross fandom. Saying you've seen the entire series of Macross 7 means you're 'better' than the average fan... especially since it hasn't been released in the US.

So you call non-Macross 7 fans Robotech lovers... talk about smug elitism.

hihi nice poll, but what about Macross Flashback, Macross 7, Macross7 Dynamite, Macross 7 Movie,

Macross Plus Movie Edition?

or even the Macross games from the arcade ones up till the PS2 one

oh, and for me M7 stays on ze top :)

and as graham said: option for ALL would be the best ;)

Edited by MAXXxxx

I've yet to hear any actual reasons why it's so beloved.

M7 -- Best characters, best music, best story. Enough reasons for ya?

on your eyes and your avatars eyes ;) . on my eyes bad chars that seem too much like a combo of a bad soap opera and powerrangers; ave music except for the one saturday night for being played so must and second for power to all played too much but since it was later in the series its not completely hated or burnt in my mind; ave story too slow at start and seems they went too fast at areas near the end "example im still trying to figure out who or what folded city 7 to battle 7 during its last moments b4 battle 7 fell."

One must call for his froatiness to cast the Robotech-demon out of this non-believer's soul. For the rest of us, let us pray in silence.

lol, no Robotech demons in this soul. I've yet to hear any actual reasons why it's so beloved. I think it's not actually the series you guys love, but what it means for your Macross fandom. Saying you've seen the entire series of Macross 7 means you're 'better' than the average fan... especially since it hasn't been released in the US.

So you call non-Macross 7 fans Robotech lovers... talk about smug elitism.

Gee, aren't we touchy... :p

How come there was no poll choice for 'all'?

I love all Macross equally and don't really have a fixed favorite. :p

Yes, I even love MII.

Even if really pushed I couldn't decide on just one favorite, but would have to break it down between TV series, OVA and Movie, in which case my favorites would be: -

Favorite Macross TV Series = Macross 7.

Favorite Macross OVA = Macross Plus (this may change after I've seen all 5 eps of Zero though).

Favorite Macross Movie = DYRL.

Graham

I feel the same Graham. ;)

I think every series has its weaknesses and its virtues. If I had to choose I would do it this way :

Fav. TV series : SDF Macross - for the plot

Fav. OVA series : Macross Zero - for the plot and animation

Fav. Movie : Macross Plus Movie edition - for....well...everything

Still , I very much liked Dynamite 7 and DYRL? as well but I had to choose just one :(

• 3 weeks later...

TV for me is by far the best best characters/plot/music

followed by DYRL same as above but with awesome animation but if you hadn't seen the original macross you would have been left out of the loop with some of the minor characters (max, kakizaki, claudia)

then M7 dunno why I just love it.

then M+ insanely good animation awesome mechs and awesome fight scenes.