All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

Guest davidwhangchoi

No, but if you plug in a USB keyboard and type JUSTIN BAILEY he turns into a girl NOT wearing powered armor. :)

haha i remember that glitch. that was an actual staff member of a magazine(gamepro was it?) and it ended up working.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Not a glitch. One of many passwords with the replay mode bit set. Just the most memorable by far. Somehow, the password is better known than the legit unlock method.

meaning it was a coincidence that it worked, not purposed by the developers. but technically yeah, it's legit password :)

There's quite a few actual phrases that make valid and working passwords, actually. Due to the way the password ststem works, there's several ways to represent any given state.

Then there's codes like ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUuuutheboardwillcensorthiscode

They're valid codes and the game accepts them, but set a combination of bits for the start location that has no associated area, so the game freezes. And on the 3DS's emulated version, it crashes the 3DS OS too(hence why anyone noticed).

Basically, Metroid's password system is awesome is what I'm saying. In a very Rube Goldberg way, but still!

Guest davidwhangchoi

is there a password to start samus no suit, and no varia. i'd like her hair to be dirty blonde not miria green.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Let me grab a password generator, and there will be!

000000 000020

000000 000020

Fresh game. Timer 0, items 0.

thanks!

Just started Bloodborne. They weren't kidding about the difficulty; the fact that you lose all exp points after death makes it all the worse. Hell, even the act of leveling up is a chore, becuse you have to to through a huge amount of trouble to even unlock the ability to level up.

What's crazy is that I don't even mind. The gameplay is so good that I don't mind level grinding and making myself that much stronger with each play session. Given the level grind addict that I am, I'll probably be farming blood echoes for weeks before I even want to explore any further.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Hey, I found a copy of Ni no Kuni on clearance at Target for $10. Worth it?

it's on clearance at best buy for 7 bucks

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch-playstation-3/4947414.p?id=1218582222600&skuId=4947414&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-ospsIuS2Wsc7YjEI.3nUsg

if you got GCU membership it's even cheaper but if you can't find in store pickup local to you it's probably worth to get at target since shipping is no longer available

Edited by davidwhangchoi

it's on clearance at best buy for 7 bucks

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch-playstation-3/4947414.p?id=1218582222600&skuId=4947414&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-ospsIuS2Wsc7YjEI.3nUsg

if you got GCU membership it's even cheaper but if you can't find in store pickup local to you it's probably worth to get at target since shipping is no longer available

That is a better price, but I did an in-store search and none of the stores in my area have it. I'll just grab it at Target, since I know they have copies there and it's five minutes from me.

Guest davidwhangchoi

That is a better price, but I did an in-store search and none of the stores in my area have it. I'll just grab it at Target, since I know they have copies there and it's five minutes from me.

good find, i have it in my back log and haven't played it but i hear it's well worth 10 bucks.

Guest davidwhangchoi

wow, trying to get jigglypuff and greninja is driving me crazy. these amiibos :angry: ...

gaming: i find myself coming back to playing Breath of Fire IV for psone alot. it's been a while since i looked forward to turning on my ps3 aside from Netflix.

i'm grinding and getting my characters strong. pretty fun. the story is great so far... Ryu is just discovering the empire is looking for him. i think i'm starting to discover why i haven't touched my backlog of ps4/pc games. they're all FPS or FPS RPGS that feel the similar in gameplay/controls. either it's gears of war/uncharted gameplay or elder scrolls/far cry.

it's a nice change of pace to go back to overhead 2d/3d rpgs.

back to breath of fire IV, the one sucky thing i noticed is when you win a battle and say you gain 100 xp from battle instead of each character getting 100 xp the 100 is divided up between your party which can be up to 6 people.

i have to find areas of the game where Ryu is alone then i spam the crap out battles leveling him up really high. once the party rejoins, i use Ryu to flatten/over power any foe and letting the rest of the character level up without any struggle.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Finally made some progress on Bloodborne today. Took me 3 tries and over a week of grinding, but I finally killed Father Gascoigne aka Daddy G. His human form was nothing special, but that damn werewolf form could rip you in half almost without effort. I'd have never been able to defeat him, if I hadn't seen that youtube clip where you can "cheese" him by getting him to attack you from the other side of the stairs.

I heard that even compared to the later bosses, he's considered one of the tougher ones. Well, they're not kidding. Even at level 51-53 (which is apparently considered way over-powered for hunter to fight a first boss) and exploiting the environment to "cheese" him, it took me 3 tries to kill the SOB. Then again, games like these were never my strong suit.

Either way, I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself for that achievement.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Finally made some progress on Bloodborne today. Took me 3 tries and over a week of grinding, but I finally killed Father Gascoigne aka Daddy G. His human form was nothing special, but that damn werewolf form could rip you in half almost without effort. I'd have never been able to defeat him, if I hadn't seen that youtube clip where you can "cheese" him by getting him to attack you from the other side of the stairs.

I heard that even compared to the later bosses, he's considered one of the tougher ones. Well, they're not kidding. Even at level 51-53 (which is apparently considered way over-powered for hunter to fight a first boss) and exploiting the environment to "cheese" him, it took me 3 tries to kill the SOB. Then again, games like these were never my strong suit.

Either way, I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself for that achievement.

thanks for sharing, i may have a block of free time coming up to play bloodborne.

i finally got a robin amiibo pre-order in this morning... from Amazon Fr. lol ....

these things are really hard to find.

I started playing Fire Emblem: Awakening for 3ds. all this amiibo research got me motivated to finally dig through my 3ds pile and crack open the seal.

Lo and behold, it's pretty much advanced wars with a cool story. which i like both.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

yes i finally pre- ordered greninja and jigglypuff amiibos, i'm done for wave 4.... playing the amiibo game is way harder than bloodborne. lol (jk,)

thanks for sharing, i may have a block of free time coming up to play bloodborne.

Nice! I've been waiting to talk Bloodborne with someone! :D

Just a few basic words of advice. Don't be afraid of dying or level grinding--it's an inevitability. Also, never underestimate Father Gascoigne or werewolves in general--they can be worse than any other enemy in the game due to their speed, agility and ferocity. Here's some evidence of just how unfairly over-powered Father G is in comparison to other bosses, especially since he's the first compulsory boss. At level 60, I whooped Cleric Beast like an angry dad with a belt--took him down in less than 30 seconds. I was just 3-5 level less when fighting Father G, and it took me 3 retries, and I had to employ every single exploit I could find on youtube.

Secondly, don't be afraid of rushing into a fight with the first boss (Cleric Beast or Father G), as it's the easiest way to gain 1 Insight, which is necessary for leveling up. Even if you die from the fight, you'll still be given an Insight. Without at least 1 Insight, the doll in Hunter's Dream who uses your blood echoes to level you up won't come to life.

Also, patience, level grinding and upgrading weapons are the keys to making Bloodborne less "impossible."

Edited by GU-11

I've put some time into Child of Light since it was offered at the hard to beat price of FREE at Xbox Live. Endearing characters, gorgeous art, and excellent combat system make it hard to put down. I think it's exactly what I needed to play after Farcry, Dark Souls, and all the other FPS games I've been playing with my nephews. My only piece of advice is to play it on HARD if you are a RPG veteran.

Star Wars Battlefront teaser trailer.

While part of me is giddy, the other side of me remembers that DICE is making this and I had to suffer (and still suffer) through Battlefield 4, or as I call it, "Making people pay $60 to play a beta test".

Lucky for me, I haven't played a Battlefield game since Bad Company 2, which was still good!

I'm cautiously optimistic. I want this to play like the Paradox games, and I want this to have decent singleplayer modes. As much as I liked playing Battlefront with friends, I'm one of those odd ones who actually spent way more time with them in singleplayer.

I'm cautiously optimistic. I want this to play like the Paradox games, and I want this to have decent singleplayer modes.

I only played Battlefield 4's single player once to unlock guns and my ears still hurt from the awful dialog and laughable gameplay. I haven't even picked up Battlefield Hardline and I hear the single player is awful. And Hardline isn't even produced by DICE (Viceral Games took the lead with DICE only providing the game engine support and name).

I only played Battlefield 4's single player once to unlock guns and my ears still hurt from the awful dialog and laughable gameplay. I haven't even picked up Battlefield Hardline and I hear the single player is awful. And Hardline isn't even produced by DICE (Viceral Games took the lead with DICE only providing the game engine support and name).

Hence, why the last Battlefield game I played was Bad Company 2.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i think i saw battlefield 4 for $5 at game stop and passed... i haven't touched COD advanced warfare in ages as well...

wow, breath of fire IV is great. i really love the story and creative dungeons. so worth 96 cents. and FE: awakening is pretty fun so far. i'm playing right before i go to bed. i just battled Lucina and everyone thinks Lucina's a guy so far.

Bloodborne i may get to after this weekend... depending though, if i get a new position and may not be able to play it at all... those type of games really alter my personality and interactions with people... (sorry, hate to admit it, but it's so sad :( )

it'll have me screaming in the middle of the night once i beat a tough boss or a frustrating level that i was stuck on... i'll get to a point where i won't care if i wake up my neighbors. lol

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Star Wars Battlefront teaser trailer.

While part of me is giddy, the other side of me remembers that DICE is making this and I had to suffer (and still suffer) through Battlefield 4, or as I call it, "Making people pay $60 to play a beta test".

I suppose ignorance is bliss. I've never played a game by DICE before, and I really enjoyed the last SW Battlefront game for the PS2 (which was probably not made by DICE).

I'll see what the reviews say before taking the plunge.

Bloodborne i may get to after this weekend... depending though, if i get a new position and may not be able to play it at all... those type of games really alter my personality and interactions with people... (sorry, hate to admit it, but it's so sad :( )

it'll have me screaming in the middle of the night once i beat a tough boss or a frustrating level that i was stuck on... i'll get to a point where i won't care if i wake up my neighbors. lol

Well, it's not too bad if you take the time to grind levels. I treated the game as one big level grind and took my time with everything, and it really helps to even the odds. Of course, there are tons of players who have done "base-level" playthroughs and speed-runs, which is fine, but if you want to avoid getting frustrated by the game, leveling up as much as you can before a new boss is the way to go.

And in true karmic justice, one of the game producers got his ass handed to him when he tried to play Bloodborne in new game +. :lol:

I suppose ignorance is bliss. I've never played a game by DICE before, and I really enjoyed the last SW Battlefront game for the PS2 (which was probably not made by DICE).

I'll see what the reviews say before taking the plunge.

If they're using the Frostbite 3 engine, then it shouldn't be that bad. But that's because those of us who played Battlefield 4 basically beta'd the engine for the past year. We paid $60-$100 to correct all the problems DICE gave us. This is why Battlefield: Hardline hasn't had the scope of issues BF4 had when it launched. At launch, Battlefield 3 also came with a pile of issues which took a year to resolve. Hell, they're still fixing Battlefield 4. Unfortunately, many people and practically all those Youtubers gloss over the fact they DICE screwed up and we've been in a continuous beta test for the past 1.5 years of playing this game.

If they're using the Frostbite 3 engine, then it shouldn't be that bad. But that's because those of us who played Battlefield 4 basically beta'd the engine for the past year. We paid $60-$100 to correct all the problems DICE gave us. This is why Battlefield: Hardline hasn't had the scope of issues BF4 had when it launched. At launch, Battlefield 3 also came with a pile of issues which took a year to resolve. Hell, they're still fixing Battlefield 4. Unfortunately, many people and practically all those Youtubers gloss over the fact they DICE screwed up and we've been in a continuous beta test for the past 1.5 years of playing this game.

And I thought the guys at Capcom were a-holes for locking content that's already inside their discs.

No space battles in Battlefront? Heresy. It's called STAR wars. Not ground wars.

I'm holding on to hope that maybe the space battle levels still aren't presentable enough to add to the trailer, or they just neglected it. But if there are no space battles, that's really going to be disappointing. I was totally addicted to the space battle levels in Battelfront II.