Customized 1/48 Gallery

NeoverseOmega

Man, you can never expect anything less from Jung. He's a top notch customizer!! Bow down to his skillz!!!

Hmmmmmm....Jung and WM cheng = to crazy :o

Edited by MacBoy29

First off..Jung..that is incredible! I really wish I could do that.

And thanks for everyone's kind words on my custom. Here are some close ups of Battroid mode. All I have to do now is finish putting on stickers and wait for my fast-packs from Twin Moons to arrive. When I get those I'll post pics of the finished product :D

RRB1.jpg

RRB2.jpg

Geez. The customs keep getting better. It looked great when we saw the fighter mode, but in battroid we can really see all the touch ups you've done to it. I love where you placed the dark grey. I think it actually looks a lot more like something you might see in an airfield than the classic Fokker version. Too bad we can't get a shot of Rabidweasel's custom stomping on the head of an MPC and a flock of 1/60th brownies on their knees bowing down before Jung's big daddy. OK, Rabidweasel's custom HAS to be the messiah of VF-1A's.

That CF looks amazing, Jung. Lookin' good too, there, Rabidweasel.

You guys are a lot braver than I am with these things. I'll pen in the panel lines and toss on some stickers, but that's as far as I'll go. There's nothing I love better than custom schemes like the ones you see in Model Grahpix and Hobby Japan, but I think I'll save my admittedly amateurish efforts for the Hasegawas (much cheaper and easily replaced).

Keep 'em coming, guys.

Nice touch up Vlenhoff. The 1-J's a beauty. I'm still waiting on mine. Anxiously. Painfully. Every second. Waiting. With bated breath. I MUST HAVE IT NOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem, where was I?

Oh, Vlenhoff. Don't sweat it if your "custom" isn't a major overhaul. As wonderful as things like Rabidweasel's uber-1A are, this thread is here to show off the love people give their valkyries by bringing out their beauty. Everyone seems to have a different technique, a slightly unique touch. For example, your panel lines are very different than the first valk that was shown in this thread. They are exquisitely clean - most of what I've seen has a smeared or streaked look. I'm sure there would be some debate over which looks better (I have to admit in some cases the smeared technique looks more realistic) but those clean lines evoke the anime so well - like the valk stepped off of the frame in full 3-D glory. Did you pull that off with a wash or a marker? How on earth did you keep it so crisp?

I know I know, this isn't a modelling forum, but I'd like to do the same for my valk when it arrives.

Well everyone, whether it just be a nice touch up or the introduction something insane like the puce unicorn squadron keep the donations coming!

Rabidweezil,

Did you do a complete repaint or just add to it? I noticed that you had different squad emblems on the tail. Did you remove the skulls?

Great work however you did it.

I just stripped off the dark gray original details with brake fluid. I have heard on here that that stuff weakens plastic..but I just dabbed and rubbed..and rubbed..and rubbed.

Fingers were a little sore....

Nice touch up Vlenhoff. The 1-J's a beauty. I'm still waiting on mine. Anxiously. Painfully. Every second. Waiting. With bated breath. I MUST HAVE IT NOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem, where was I?

Oh, Vlenhoff. Don't sweat it if your "custom" isn't a major overhaul. As wonderful as things like Rabidweasel's uber-1A are, this thread is here to show off the love people give their valkyries by bringing out their beauty. Everyone seems to have a different technique, a slightly unique touch. For example, your panel lines are very different than the first valk that was shown in this thread. They are exquisitely clean - most of what I've seen has a smeared or streaked look. I'm sure there would be some debate over which looks better (I have to admit in some cases the smeared technique looks more realistic) but those clean lines evoke the anime so well - like the valk stepped off of the frame in full 3-D glory. Did you pull that off with a wash or a marker? How on earth did you keep it so crisp?

I know I know, this isn't a modelling forum, but I'd like to do the same for my valk when it arrives.

Well everyone, whether it just be a nice touch up or the introduction something insane like the puce unicorn squadron keep the donations coming!

I here ya! I'm so happy I got it really fast! Thanks to Kevin and the valkyrie-Exchange!

Pigma Micron 01 is what I used, plus truck-loads of paitience, some friends, and some spirits :D

No, I'm not kidding! :D

Vic

Hey Jung great job.  Do you have any spots that rub when transforming.  I am about to do a custom but I am trying to figure out what to do with areas that may rub or chip durring transformation.

The knee caps were a major problem with paint rubbing off, just sand it down and problem solved. However don't sand the ring area of the knee caps, I think those are what keeps it stiff. The back piece that holds the wings should be sanded down a bit so it doesn't grind so much on the wings. Either than that, it held up very well during transformation, surprisingly very minor paint chipping.

forgot to mention, the "hip lights" rubs against the outer thigh, so sand that down a bit aswell.

Edited by Jung

Everyone's customs looks great. Wish I had that kind of talent.

:huh:

I totally agree, if i tried customizing my own Valkyries (such as painting or panel lining) it would be

a complete mess!!!

Anyways everyones customs are looking awsome, continue to bring in them pics!! B))

kinda looks cool in all white, I think I might keep this one this way... ;)

Gosh EXO, give it some clothes. :lol::p

This sort of reminds me of the TF clear limited versions. Maybe Yamato would do a special 1/48 Clear version for the DRYL Annivesary.

Cheers

Kinda makes u wish that Yamato would release a plain unpainted valkyrie for customizing purposes. Maybe even direct from their factory or through some Japanese intermediary. Woudln't even have to box/package it. Just put it in a plastic tray and plain cardboard box.

Damn.  Cannon Fodder just shouldn't look that good.  Kamawori will have to make an exception and let that be the one indestructable brownie.

Word!

148brown00.jpg

Beautiful, looks like it came that way. I hope Yamato cranks out one like it soon.

Hi kabayan EXO! :)

What did you use to strip the paint off the valk? Looks very clean and very nice to paint on a new color scheme! :)

gian7675 :)

Castrol Super Clean Degreaser...

Reusable... Clean... and biodegrable. Just like Lysol, just leave it in there and use a fine grit sanding paper to wipe off the paint. The valk actually came out whiter than that but I messed with some panel lining and stuff. And taken at night with a low flash, maybe I'll take another pic under daylight next time.

Wala nang horas ngayon! :D