Customized 1/48 Gallery

NeoverseOmega

Hi kabayan EXO!  :)

What did you use to strip the paint off the valk? Looks very clean and very nice to paint on a new color scheme!  :)

gian7675 :)

Castrol Super Clean Degreaser...

Reusable... Clean... and biodegrable. Just like Lysol, just leave it in there and use a fine grit sanding paper to wipe off the paint. The valk actually came out whiter than that but I messed with some panel lining and stuff. And taken at night with a low flash, maybe I'll take another pic under daylight next time.

Wala nang horas ngayon! :D

Nice tip , talking about Castrol I was thinking of making a World Rally Championship based colour scheme with Castrol colours on a valk ...although being my first cutom I think I should try on a 1/60 or a Banpresto first ;)

Pardon my ignorance, but I'm assuming you took the valk apart and then dipped only the painted parts in the solution. . . or did you dunk the whole thing!?!

What grit (minimum) would you suggest for sandpaper?

Thanks!

H

:lol: Yeah it was taken apart and I left just the parts I needed in the degreaser. Then I wet sanded it with a hobby sandpaper, I think it's 600, superfine.

EDIT: Correction, it was a 400 grit sandpaper.

Edited by >EXO<

:lol: Yeah it was taken apart and I left just the parts I needed in the degreaser. Then I wet sanded it with a hobby sandpaper, I think it's 600, superfine.

EDIT: Correction, it was a 400 grit sandpaper.

Hi ya EXO!

Thanks for the tip! Last question, when you took the valk apart, stripped, painted and re-assembled it, did the joints become loose? Or is the tightness of the joints still the same? If it did get loose, how loose are the joints now? I wonder if other customizers of 1/48 valks had looseened joints when they took apart their valks and re-assembled them...

Hi ya EXO!

Thanks for the tip! Last question, when you took the valk apart, stripped, painted and re-assembled it, did the joints become loose? Or is the tightness of the joints still the same? If it did get loose, how loose are the joints now? I wonder if other customizers of 1/48 valks had looseened joints when they took apart their valks and re-assembled them...

The joints didn't become loose because there was no paint removed from any articulation point. I only sanded where the paint was. That valk was my Hikaru VF-1A. I did find that the red was more difficult to remove than the black.

Hi ya EXO!

The joints didn't become loose because there was no paint removed from any articulation point. I only sanded where the paint was. That valk was my Hikaru VF-1A. I did find that the red was more difficult to remove than the black.

That looks great, what about doing a wash and some slight weathering, That white looks pretty sweet.

What did you use to strip the paint. To strip mine i ended up sanding it. I was hoping to avoid having to do that.

From a earlier post, I still had to use sandpaper though...:huh:

Castrol Super Clean Degreaser...

Reusable... Clean... and biodegrable. Just like Lysol, just leave it in there and use a fine grit sanding paper to wipe off the paint. The valk actually came out whiter than that but I messed with some panel lining and stuff. And taken at night with a low flash, maybe I'll take another pic under daylight next time.