HG and Robotech Debates, ep. 8

azrael

You're using the word "try" in the loosest possible sense, right?

I figured that goes without saying...Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending them in any stretch of the imagination, but it may be a reason why they are so gun-shy about going in total different directions.

Edited by j_wong00

Meh, who knows which came first... the valkyrie illustration is lineart and someone slapped Hikaru on top and colored ... but definitely not Yune... unless he use to draw better back then.

I figured that goes without saying...Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending them in any stretch of the imagination, but it may be a reason why they are so gun-shy about going in total different directions.

it's not that they're gun shy... it's that they are directionless.

This is no Tommy Yune art IIRC the first time I saw this picture was in the Robotech 10th anniversary soundtrack.

Yeah, that picture was at Robotech: Perfect Soundtrack Album (10th Anniversary Edition) released in 1996 by Streamline Pictures.

Edited by Lobizon

Yeah, that picture was at Robotech: Perfect Soundtrack Album (10th Anniversary Edition) released in 1996 by Streamline Pictures.

Yes, it is in the booklet that came in the soundtrack but looking thru my Macross and Robotech VHS tapes I realized that this same picture was used for the cover of Robotech Perfect Collection (Macross) Vol 3 which was released by Streamline Pictures in 1994.

I also went thru some of my Macross books and was unable to find if this image was originally produced by the Studio Nue/Artland staff.

Maybe it was something that was commissioned by Carl during the time that he was with Streamline Pictures.

Since Tom Bateman worked in the production of the 10th anniversary CD, maybe he can shed some light as to who the author is...

Meh, who knows which came first... the valkyrie illustration is lineart and someone slapped Hikaru on top and colored ... but definitely not Yune... unless he use to draw better back then.

it's not that they're gun shy... it's that they are directionless.

Also a reasonable explanation.

So Voltron was in that Metlife Superbowl commercial

where's the show that introduced a generation of people to anime

My wife loves this commercial!!!

Its funny thou, when I have conversations with my co-workers about cartoons from the 80's, Robotech always seem to be absent from that conversation.

My wife loves this commercial!!!

Its funny thou, when I have conversations with my co-workers about cartoons from the 80's, Robotech always seem to be absent from that conversation.

No one I've encountered in my adult life, aside from the net and comic shops, has ever heard of Robotech.

No one I've encountered in my adult life, aside from the net and comic shops, has ever heard of Robotech.

Same here, and anime conventions too, where most have never seen Robotech, but have heard of it, and even fewer have really heard of Macross- thanks HG.

Just curious, how is Harmony Gold actually making money these days?

Graham

Random non topic Engrish comments...yadda yadda yadda...Robotech in Japan....

See here for proof:

http://w.livedoor.jp/harmony-gold_japan/d/%A5%E9%A5%F3%A5%C7%A5%A3%A5%F3%A5%B0%A1%A6%A5%D5%A5%EA%A5%B2%A1%BC%A5%C8#

More random Engrish.

That's not Harmony Gold, that's just Yui.

Yes, and for what reason, nobody knows. You'd think she'd put the site up in Engrish at least, since if there's anybody in Japan that really cares about Robotech, it's the soldiers stationed there.

I want to see the Robotech The Movie with Tobey "jerry" Maguire

(That's Nonsense XD)

That has seemed to have totally fallen through the cracks according to IMDB (2013?). Here's what I wonder, if RT:LLA fails, will HG put RT into a dormant state? Or will it be propped up as gangbusters, and we'll get more luggage tags?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1103173/ -Now looking at 2016... wow

Edited by blackconvoy_D01