HG and Robotech Debates, ep. 8

azrael

Aside from the original 85 episodes, what is Robotech's most profitable, and legit (and without issues of copyright, exagerated delays, market exchange, QC, etc.) Piece of merchandise, media, or product that has been produced to date?

Edited by blackconvoy_D01

Aside from the original 85 episodes, what is Robotech's most profitable, and legit (and without issues of copyright, exagerated delays, market exchange, QC, etc.) Piece of merchandise, media, or product that has been produced to date?

Probably the novels. Maybe Shadow Chronicles.

Good try Darkwater but we all know the real money maker is in the luggage tags

http://www.robotech....duct.php?id=302

You know, amongst all the things HG has done over the years, they've finally done something I can respect.

"Maybe this stranger will be cute, and you'll strike up a conversation about anime. And then get to know each other, trade phone numbers..."

That's right, HG has finally decided to openly promote gay nerd love. And here we were thinking that they didn't understand their fanbase!

You know, amongst all the things HG has done over the years, they've finally done something I can respect.

"Maybe this stranger will be cute, and you'll strike up a conversation about anime. And then get to know each other, trade phone numbers..."

That's right, HG has finally decided to openly promote gay nerd love. And here we were thinking that they didn't understand their fanbase!

LMFAO!!! I never read that before. So, that's what they think of their fans.

All this time McKeever was playing the ultra conservative right winger. Who knew, LOL!

They once had a picure of a group of fans from about 7 years ago at one of Michael Bradley's band concerts, in which I was in it with my (at the time) ex-wife. The strange thing was, they put the pic up with the caption (paraphrasing) "Robotech is good for dates". Even back then, when I was in their good graces, I was shocked that they'd put up something so lame. I couldn't help but laugh. I know a few friends still remember that.

Oh, I certainly would... If I were doing such a thing in the first place (which I'm not, of course).

It's true. It is.

Of course, one wonders why he doesn't get a new laptop...

ROBOTECHNOLOGY LAPTOPs are QUITE Expensive, you know...

That's not a paraphrase, that's the exact quote they put up. It made me want to buy some keychains.

Damn, chalk that up to good memory. So, the trend seems to be to sell Robotech as a way to get all those single guys on nerd alert a woman. Let me set you all straight...Robotech logos and luggage tags will NOT get you a woman. If that's all you're relying on, it's going to be more of a detraction.

Well, to play devil's advocate, it did help you :p

Meeting someone with common interest is one thing. Having the skills to not f!@# it up by being a super nerd, or using Robotech as a pickup is another.

Aren't they featured in one of those role playing game books which was announced 2 years ago and has yet to be released?

As far as I know they're released all the updated RPG books.

Unless they were planning other RPG manuals. I wouldn't be complaining about that. That's the only piece of merchandise I'm interested in.

As far as I know they're released all the updated RPG books.

Unless they were planning other RPG manuals. I wouldn't be complaining about that. That's the only piece of merchandise I'm interested in.

The UEEF Marines book has not been released yet and, though naturally not listed on rt.com, is still listed as a preorder on the Palladium site as well as other RPG sites. It was supposed to come out in 2010 (though I think originally it was supposed to come out in 2009) but it kept getting pushed back for multiple reasons so that it's now another mythic Robotech product like Toynami's Officer's Battlepod, Toynami's VT-1/VE-1/GBP VF-1, 25th Anniversary Soundtrack, Shadow Rising, LAM, and even LLA. Did I miss anything? Still, at least we got a "preview" CD and last minute calendar that Steve printed from his home computer.

I thought they'd also be in the Wildstorm comics too like PTSC or Invasion.

That's what you would think, right? The only problem is the idea for them came out after any comic series and if I remember their panel correctly, the Marines supposedly played a major role in Yune-ified Sentinels campaign. Alas, we'll probably never know...

Edited by ps99042

The UEEF Marines book has not been released yet and, though naturally not listed on rt.com, is still listed as a preorder on the Palladium site as well as other RPG sites. It was supposed to come out in 2010 (though I think originally it was supposed to come out in 2009) but it kept getting pushed back for multiple reasons so that it's now another mythic Robotech product like Toynami's Officer's Battlepod, Toynami's VT-1/VE-1/GBP VF-1, 25th Anniversary Soundtrack, Shadow Rising, LAM, and even LLA.

So it's on the boat?

I just remembered something!!! Didn't Kevin McKeever promise to have an update on the distributor or something like that regarding the LLA project before January 1st? Somehow, everyone at HG, rtx, and rt.com conveniently forgot that, or I missed it in my scan of the websites.

I just remembered something!!! Didn't Kevin McKeever promise to have an update on the distributor or something like that regarding the LLA project before January 1st? Somehow, everyone at HG, rtx, and rt.com conveniently forgot that, or I missed it in my scan of the websites.

No, I think he just said there would be SUPER SUPER BIG NEWS!!! before January 1. And I think both the A&E boxset and the announcement that Love Live Alive actually has a title could count.

No, I think he just said there would be SUPER SUPER BIG NEWS!!! before January 1. And I think both the A&E boxset and the announcement that Love Live Alive actually has a title could count.

I think Gubaba is correct though the awesome surprise calendar and CD could also count. They have to keep the distributor secret so they'll have something to talk about at ComicCon.