All my mac toys have to go...

Lucifer

I thought on sharing this with u ppl..

It's such a hard decision for me, since all my mac toys are my most priced posetions ever.

Thing is, i'm leaving home on January. I'm going to florida for my studies n' all - a new lifetime, and as u know, i cant take everything i have here with me. that includes my valks

So what should i do? I have about 90% of the yammies out so far plus some bandai mac 7 toys... things like rowbowtek keychains etc..

The only thing i'm keeping is my yf-19. it was my first valk plus the hardest one to find..

help

Wrap anti UV - anti static - waterproof bags that don't deteriorate around them, bubble wrap, double box and store them at your parent's home until you get done with RL? Even if it takes you 10, 15 or 20 years to remember and find them, you would NOT regret keeping them.

Ask how many of us here could have a 2nd chance to go back and keep all of our favorites toys from the past. The guy who invents the time machine and sells tickets for time travel would be so filthy rich, even if its just for the past.

Edited by Neova

Seriously... that's very good advice. I used to have a HUGE G.I.Joe collection including the Cobra Terrordrome, but I lost them all when my parents moved long ago :( I've begun collecting again, but my collection will never be what it once was <_< However, now that I've started collecting Yammie's (quite possibly the BEST, quality and functionality, toys evah) I will never get rid of them. Take pride in your collection, store them away, and one day dig them out and feel warm nostalgia feelings all over again :D

...thanks for the offer to sell them to us, though.

I agree with the others, Lucifer. If you can possibly avoid selling your stuff, you'll be happy in a few decades when you can look at them. I pretty much lost interest in my old (12") GI Joes and Aurora Prehistoric Scenes model kits during my teens and college years, but I managed to salvage a lot them when my parents moved and I'm glad I did. I only wish I'd taken better care of them when I was a kid.

If you do have to sell, you'll probably get the best value by putting them eBay individually. Big lots always sell at a big discount, or they don't sell at all if there's a high reserve. Also, be sure to include pictures (YOUR OWN, not copied from someone else), because an auction without any pictures almost always goes for less.

Edit: but you can save on eBay fees if you list everything here first. Just read a few listings in the For Sale section to see how we do things.

Edited by ewilen

If your parents allow to you store your old stuffs at their basement, keep them.

I have specify instruction to my parents that never throw away any of my old stuffs.

I had left home for almost 3 years and moved out of town, I know one day I'll go back

and pick up all my old stuffs when I can afford to buy my own house.

Man, keep them all! Don't let your new ideas for life, interfere with your old dreams. If we do, our old dreams come to bug us when we're old. I'm not trying to be dramatic, this something that often happens with people(including myself). Then, people go and re-buy what they had before once again. You hear me dog!

Vic :)

KEEP 'EM! :ph34r: If you sell you will regret it! Trust me I know.

What he said.

I sold off all of my old stuff way back when, and I have had to rebuild my collection since then.

I fell out of anime for a while, but it was always in my heart, if you love the genre, you will come back to it one day when the more secular demands on your time lessen. And when you do, you will regret not having this stuff.

Oh, this makes me cringe! :(

I agree with everyone here... Try to find a way to store them safely until you can have them in your possesion again. Selling them will be a regret I'm sure.

Good luck to you and your endevours. :)

I know it's been said a thousand times, but once more doesn't hurt.

You can change your location, change your lifestyle, change your habits: changeing yourself is another matter - and let me tell you that little kid inside you is an incredibly resilient little cuss.

You wouldn't like your life very much if you killed that part of you anyway.

I once loved a woman so much I gave up everything else - my art, my writing, anime, toys, friends, the works. We were married for three years before she finally told me that she loved who she thought I could be, but realized she couldn't love who I was -

She ran off with my best friend.

The divorce papers followed.

She took everything but the clothes on my back.

Now I live in an apartment and sleep on the floor.

Not only do I no longer have a lover and a confidant, not only did my new life vaporize, but I got rid of my old one. My collection has long since been sold, my portfolio has been destroyed, and my old contacts barely recognize me.

Now I've got an empty room and barely enough money to start over.

Is this an extreme case? Sure - but remember, you don't know what will happen in your new life. Not to be pessimistic, but if everything else falls apart, wouldn't you want to know that the little joys you set aside for yourself were still there?

Keep it, treasure it, never be ashamed of it. Sure, it's just plastic - but if you can't have a little senseless joy in your life what's the point of anything?

If your parents allow to you store your old stuffs at their basement, keep them.

I have specify instruction to my parents that never throw away any of my old stuffs.

I had left home for almost 3 years and moved out of town, I know one day I'll go back

and pick up all my old stuffs when I can afford to buy my own house.

Yeah what he said. Keep em. You will regret not doing it. Make sure your parents know not to sell them off. I knew a buddy that came home and mom did the house cleaning. She was selling his GI JOEs and stopped her halfway. And she was selling em cheap! Even worse, I read some moms threw away the toys.

Hmmm...

On the one hand I say - Save 'em. You love them now, you'll love them even more later. I'm seriously glad I saved most of my toys from childhood.

But on the other hand I say - Sell 'em and buy plenty of drinks for young women at bars in Florida. Those of you who have partied in Florida know what I mean. Some things really are more important than Macross toys. ;)

Maybe a combination of both. Sell the ones you don't mind selling here on the For Sale board and save the ones you'd hate to lose. That way you keep your prized valks and you still have some scratch for the ladies.

Just my opinion.

Unless you don't enjoy Macross at all anymore, I would agree...youll end up spending the money you get for them...and then years from now miss them. I never had any of the toys as a kid, but knew a little of them, when I had kids I wanted to share Macross with my son, and ended up spending tons building my collection...if you plan on having kids ever that may be reason enough to keep them...it's a wonderful inheritance!

Good luck....and if you can't afford to keep them, then keep as many as you can...store them with a friend or family....youll be glad you did someday.

All veyr good advice. Keep them and preserve them, you won't regret it. Take a few with you though. At least one or two VF-1's to show off. Gotta decorate your new pad with something personal.

Edited by Anubis

If you still love Macross, then find some way to store your toys with a relative or trusted friend.

If you have lost your interest in Macross and don't think you will regain it, then by all means get rid of your toys.

However, trust me, if you do still have a love for Macross and you give them away or sell them, you will regret it later.

You don't want to get into a situation 10 years down the road, where the only way to buy a Yamato 1/48 is to spend US$1,000 to get one on ebay.

Graham

I don't think there is clear answer to your dilemma.

I just agree with most of the members response.

If you are sick of Macross, by all means, "Get rid of it". SOme of those dineros will help you through out your collecge days (Hopefully).

If you still enjoy Macross, storage your toys in a safe location with bubble packs.

You might never get a chance to buy many Macross Robotech items at current prices.

I own several valks that occupy two full bedrooms and sometimes my G/F (I sometimes tell myself also) tells me to sell it off and put down payment on a Hummer or get bigger house. But back of my head tells me "If you do sell it off, few years down the road, you're going to want it again."

By that time, its going to cost double or more (Who knows). If you can get by without selling off your Valks, store it.

But, then again, if you're going off to college. After you graduate and land on a professional job. You might be able to afford it all again. :lol::lol::lol:

Keep them matey.

I still remember the toys in the very early 80's...the big Voltes V, Mazinger Z, Grendizer....(shows my age ha ha ha) I had most if not all...and at age 6 I don't know how to handle it,...broken this and that....the rest is history.

Now my point is (just like the others here) you are in a position not to suffer most of our fate....you can keep them and later on, say after about 5 to 10 years if you still feel the same, sell it. I doubt it though. Collectors tend to have a cyclical appetite for their respective collections. Believe you US you will not regret keeping those toys!

GIVE THEM TO MEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!

Joking :lol:

By all means you should keep them (except for that Low vis you suddenly want to sell to me ;) ....sorry <_< ). This toys not only deserve the money you spent on them , they deserve your love cause at some point of your life , this babies have and will fill your heart with joy , not for you , but for the little kid inside of you that wanted these toys so much.

Remember , these toys are great , look a them , think of all the happy times you had with them.

All of them should stay in your life till you die ....except maybe for that filthy looking low vis you so eagerly want to sell :p

Its funny how i have teh same problem right now. I have a huge collection thats been building up and i plan on leaving home next summer after i graduate college. I love the stuff but i realize to myself that im not a collector anymore and all this stuff is just baggage on my life. Im tired of worrying about it all the time wondering if it will be ok. I think to myself that it would probably be better off in someone elses hands. Also am i really going to carry this stuff with me everywhere i go? It just seems ludicris to me. Ive already started seling some of my stuff on ebay with much more to follow. I may end up keeping a few items but nothing huge. For instance, my Macross dvd box set will never leave my grip until im cold and dead with worms crawling inside me. Maybe not even then. And to the guy whos wife left him becasue she suddenly decided she dont like him no more, thats the saddest fing thing i ever heard. If my best friend ever did that to me id bleed him real slow.

Ridiculous. There is no need to sacrifice your prized collection. I moved from a 3 bedroom, 2 car garage house into a single bedroom hole in the wall with no garage or even a patio for that matter and yes, I kept ALL of my toys (GI Joe Defiant for example)and still to this day continue to collect. It's all about your priorities in life, I suppose.....

So Lucifer... what are you going to do?? There's been a lot of replies here, and you haven't been back to comment. :)

Sorry. I didnt have the time to log in for a while. Been busy fixing everything around here.. it's kinda differente wen u go living somewhere else than wen u go living somewhere else the way I will.. trust me :blink:

WELL...

I am keeping my valks. not all of 'em, tho'

My mac plus collection is going to the grave with me. yup. too damn precius and years of search for 'em to go down some loonie i dont know he's gonna take care of 'em. they R ver.1 yf-19, ver.2 yf19, yf-21, vf11b x 3 (one "fixed" and two customs: 'sharon' and cammo custom. oh yeah and the vf-19a wich until i find another one he is not gettin' the custom i want to... <_<

I'm still thinking on keeping the M&M FAST pack duo...oh yeah and my vf-2ss

Now the ones to leave uncle luci's family r all the non FAST pack yammies except the blue angels custom.

vf-1a hikaru

vf-1a max

vf-1a CF

vf-1s Fokker

vf-1d

elint n' ostrich i never got em.. never liked those two.

Bandai VF-17s (anyone interested?)

rowwbowwtech vf-1d boxed

rowwbowwtech vf-1s SD on lunchbox thingy

my 1/48... damn i dunno. think i can find one later on and custom a low viz with an 'S' head?

last but not least, my two bootleg vf-19s'.... one's the iron maiden custom and the otehr one the cammo cust. dunno what to to with em. anyone interested PM me out.

Thnx for your support, ppl.