More VF-11 Thunderbolts coming

Dobber

• 3 weeks later...

I was going to say that kit is pretty cool, but the most fascinating part is the camera pod. I just preordered one for myself. I haven't built a good Macross kit in a lonnnnng time.

Edit: To add, it seems that by 2059, U.N. Spacy made the VF-11 series available for civilian use. To me, doesn't that seem a bit odd? It'd almost be like a news agency being able to buy an F-14, or the F-20, hell, even an F-4, and I don't think that's ever going to happen.

Edited by Jasonc

Actually, the Camera Pod for VF-11D is going to be resin parts.

Nonetheless, because the gunpod is on its own sprue Hasegawa will most like not include it for the VF-11D. Now the VF-1D did include parts from the VF-1 single seater kits (ie: cockpit, nose section & chest piece/top fuselage piece) but only because the VF-1D re-used parts from the same sprue.

Edit: To add, it seems that by 2059, U.N. Spacy made the VF-11 series available for civilian use. To me, doesn't that seem a bit odd? It'd almost be like a news agency being able to buy an F-14, or the F-20, hell, even an F-4, and I don't think that's ever going to happen.

Whilst odd, one excuse I can think of is because news crews will not be able to use helicopters in space?

Edited by Space_Monkey

Whilst odd, one excuse I can think of is because news crews will not be able to use helicopters in space?

That's one of the things I thought was a good idea with Macross II. SNS had an aircraft able to keep up and get the footage, and was designed specifically for their needs. The fact that it had a GERWALK mode was pretty good, too. It just doesn't seem feasible to have a news agency flying in, I guess what would be, a decommissioned fighter line. Not saying the kit isn't cool, cause it is, just a little odd.

Aren’t VF-1s used for poaching whales in Macross 7 Dynamite?

Yeah, they were pirates, and it kinda explains where they get some weaponry from, which is like some arms dealer. Also, considering the age of the VF-1, that's probably a little more feasible, I guess. Even then though... In anycase, it looks like this kit doesn't need a whole lot of surface painting. I will definitely do a weathering job on this. Seems like mostly white paint, and giant decals.

Yeah, they were pirates, and it kinda explains where they get some weaponry from, which is like some arms dealer. Also, considering the age of the VF-1, that's probably a little more feasible, I guess. Even then though... In anycase, it looks like this kit doesn't need a whole lot of surface painting. I will definitely do a weathering job on this. Seems like mostly white paint, and giant decals.

No, it was specifically a civilian model, the VT-1C. We saw them on the Zolan world too. It featured a shorter, stubby rounded nose instead of the longer pointed one most VF-1s had. We also saw construction VF-1s in battroid in Dynamite 7.

• 3 weeks later...

11.jpg

Neat! It's the XVF-19-1 from VFMF:VF-19. Cool that the webpage also IDs it as such.

Shame that those books aren't part of the official setting. [backstory: prototype designed to test the Y/VF-19's control system, under development at the time.]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...