Macross Zero Episode 3

MacrossX

Mostly OT, but concerning ewilen's comments on the cadeuces being adopted by formalized medicine, as opposed to Aesculapius' single-snaked staff, I'm tempted to believe the choice was one of distancing the discipline from Judeo-Christian record of Mose' staff totem at Mt. Horeb.

In order to ward off/remedy the pestilence that broke out amongst the Israelite camp for their sinful behavior, Moses fashioned a bronze serpent, depicted as nailed or slung over a tree branch. It represented the "proto"-crucifixion of the serpent/Satan & fallen nature's influence in man on the staff(Law of God).

Archaeologically, the Aramaic/Mesopotamian origins of this symbol for the abundant life vs. 'poison of nature'/healing conflict, predates Greek & Egyptian culture. However, as current separation of church/state issues in the U.S. roil & France's big stink over religious cultural clothing in their public schools festers, its all too apparent many cultures find(and have always found) things Judeo-Christian a thorn in the side.

Not to get religious/political. Just bolstering how old the symbology of the serpent/winged serpent/cross/staff/women/circle-of-life-thingy is in human lore.

Vesp

Okay just in case: SPOILER

(for those who haven't watched Episode 3 yet)

Did anyone notice when Nora was trying to take down Shin and Deadgar, that when he started trying to shoot her down with his lasers, he got in like three or four hits that did absolutely NOTHING? :o

I checked out that scene frame by frame, and damn, it looks like the lasers hit and just dispersed over the surface of the SV-51. :o

Is this an effect from that armor thingy that seems to be incorporated into the variable fighters? :huh:

Did anyone notice when Nora was trying to take down Shin and Deadgar, that when he started trying to shoot her down with his lasers, he got in like three or four hits that did absolutely NOTHING? :o

I checked out that scene frame by frame, and damn, it looks like the lasers hit and just dispersed over the surface of the SV-51. :o

Is this an effect from that armor thingy that seems to be incorporated into the variable fighters? :huh:

I think we are supposed to think that the armor is tough.

Energy weapons are over-rated.

http://www.journal.forces.gc.ca/engraph/Vo...n1-p41-46_e.pdf

The resulting energy applied to the target is 35,800 MJ/m^2 for the current US 120 mm DU penetrator in the M829A2 round.

This beats the crap out of RX-78's beam rifle :)

Btw, VF-0 lasers are chemical? It must be so, without a thermonuclear reactor. Still, I've heard there are 100 MW chemical lasers, and yet you need more than a second to shot down a plane (which is obviously lightly armored), but just because you blow the fuel tanks. Maybe the VF-1 has even more powerful lasers.

Anyway, Shin was a clever boy and aimed directly at Nora. As for graphical lack of damage, maybe they thought it was just useless modelling it.

FV

Another thing about the head lasers--their barrels appear to be rifled for some reason.

That mistake is in most anime... lame. Kinda like how people can always dodge an incoming laser blast that they see flying at them.

I just noticed something yesterday. When D.D. breaks into the Asuka II, Roy appears in the Armored VF-0S and it is clearly shown up to the point that Roy launches the missiles that the VF-0S is not carrying a gunpod.

However, a few seconds later after Roy launches the missiles at D.D. and D.D. evades and leads the missiles back towards Roy, we see Roy using both the VF-0S's head lasers and a gunpod to shoot down the approaching missiles. And then after the VF-0S's Reactive armor gets trashed, we see Roy's naked battroid pick up the gunpod from the floor.

So my question is, where did the gunpod come from? Is this just an animation error?

Graham

Maybe the gunpod was stowed on the back of the GBP armor when he pushed DD out of the hangar bay?

anti-laser coating, the VF-1 has it

Did anyone notice when Nora was trying to take down Shin and Deadgar, that when he started trying to shoot her down with his lasers, he got in like three or four hits that did absolutely NOTHING?  :o

I checked out  that scene frame by frame, and damn, it looks like the lasers hit and just dispersed over the surface of the SV-51. :o

anti-laser coating, the VF-1 has it

Wow , didn´t know that :huh: cool :lol:

Anyway , it seems stupid to equip VFs with laser weaponary when you also have anti-laser coated armor :p

Whoever said a Regult had anti-laser coating?