Ok Guys... Do YOU want the 1/60 YF-19?

ErikElvis

For what it's worth, I've got an old original and while it had some problems with a few things cracking, it's actually held up really well and I'm very pleased with it overall. It gets flak for not being up to the standards of some of Yamato's newest stuff but it is by no means a bad toy.

I'm with you on that, it's really how I feel about it too. As nice as the VF-19 mold looks, I wouldn't personally buy a YF-19 made from it. For my taste, they already knocked it out of the park with the YF-19, and the transformation and movement is certainly 'good enough' for my liking. I know they're meant to basically be the same machine for all intents and purposes, but M7 and Plus had very different art-styles, and I think the existing toys pretty much capture the differences perfectly. Sure it's got flaws, but they really don't bother me.

It'd still be nice if they did a v2 for this just because I know there's enough people here that would be really happy to see it, but personally I'm good. More to go around for everyone else, right? :D

No v2 for me, I'm happy with what I have - besides, valkyrie-money is becoming something of an issue as of late.

I can see why battroid (or gerwalk, if there is someone that truly loves that mode) can bother someone, but I really don't understand why the fighter mode hate. Isn't it beautiful and mean like it is right now?

No v2 for me, I'm happy with what I have - besides, valkyrie-money is becoming something of an issue as of late.

I can see why battroid (or gerwalk, if there is someone that truly loves that mode) can bother someone, but I really don't understand why the fighter mode hate. Isn't it beautiful and mean like it is right now?

Nope, fighter is not at all shaped correct. Battroid is probably the best looking of the three modes IMO.

Edited by Mommar

I never bought the Isamu YF-19 due to the fighter mode. Honestly, when I see it, all I see is the gullet. Its hideous and one of Yamato's poorest efforts of their modern 1/60 line. An updated version using the mac7 VF-19s as a base would be awesome

Minus the VF-19 ball joints in the angles of course. ;)

You know? I don't even care about the ankles. I'll happily take more ball joints if they can make a version that fixes the shape of the entire fuselage, and gives us hips that have some actual movement in them.

I've mentioned it before, but it's not even the gullet. It's the fact that the nose is sitting so high that it's not even facing into the airstream. Every piece of lineart has the nose level with the center of the feet and wings, which the VF-19 pulls off perfectly, but the YF-19 never even came close to achieving.

Anyway, my YF-19 came to me totally trashed (shoulders entirely shattered, same plastic as the VF-0), so I've been waiting for a new one since I got it.

Since it's already pretty much ruined, I've been hacking away at the nose to see if I can rework the Z-fold section to get the nose looking better. So far, I've filed out the lower edge of the forward nose enough to drop it down about 5 degrees, and filed the area just ahead of the front gear doors to let the chest flap sit at a lower angle to match. All I really need to do is rebuild the upper fuselage to fill the wedge shaped gap left along the spine.

What I've really been considering though is just using Shapeways to make entirely new pieces for the nose. It'll depend on how hard the nose is to take apart though, since I'd rather not make any pieces I don't have to.

Thing is, I keep delaying doing anything, since I'm hoping they'll just announce a new YF-19 and save me the trouble. :p

Edited by Chronocidal