The dark suits and horns was more swing than ska (think Big Bad Voodoo Daddy and the Brian Setzer Orchestra).

But Save Ferris definitely had a solid brass group.

Save Ferris was more akin to No Doubt.  They even started to lean more into rock-pop around the same time or right after No Doubt released Rock Steady.

From what I read, internal stuff broke up the band.

3 hours ago, Mog said:

The dark suits and horns was more swing than ska (think Big Bad Voodoo Daddy and the Brian Setzer Orchestra).

But Save Ferris definitely had a solid brass group.

Save Ferris was more akin to No Doubt.  They even started to lean more into rock-pop around the same time or right after No Doubt released Rock Steady.

From what I read, internal stuff broke up the band.

I had seen quite a few ska bands in the day, not by choice and the suit thing was pretty common. It was almost like when grunge was big and everyone in the heat of SoCal were trying to look like Seattle folk by wearing long undies under shorts and tee shirts.

ska got really big for like one or two years somewhere in the 90’s and most of the girls I dated were into the scene for some reason 

I kinda get the feeling that the hangers on to the ska thing ended up treating the suit thing as an insult in a similar way the grungies started hating the long indie flannel thing or a lot of Black Metal bands from the old days kinda laugh at bands that still did corpse paint for a while