So, YouTube’s algorithm showed me some orchestral renditions of Muse’s Knights of Cydonia.

But none of them have the oomph, bravado, over-the-top operatic sound, and that hard-driving rhythm section of the original:

50 minutes ago, Mog said:

So, YouTube’s algorithm showed me some orchestral renditions of Muse’s Knights of Cydonia.

But none of them have the oomph, bravado, over-the-top operatic sound, and that hard-driving rhythm section of the original:

That song always reminded of a pop version of Iron Maiden. I think it’s that galloping rhythm.

BA6B67A9-2DA2-4154-BC7E-F5F8065ACE85.jpeg.1c43a70a86f2708fb45add373037ed81.jpegpresale starts tomorrow with the code above and looks like something special for the last show at the Forum. They are somewhat restricting cell phones on that show only and it’s the last of the tour as far as I know. And if it is , often times they kill off or remove the singer. The last time they killed off Papa Nihil and Papa 4 may be getting near his time. 
Even if you’re nowhere near the LA area , the other shows will have some aggressive viking metal as an opener 

5 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Ugh, now I have to decide if it's worth 75+minutes drive, each way, in the middle of the week, to go see them...

At least Thrice and Duran Duran are playing nearby.

It’s worth it. For me it’s about the same drive.
The only time I lucked out was when I was living in riverside and for some reason a lot of bands actually started playing at the municipal auditorium. The drive for me back then was five or ten minutes