You mean you've never heard of The Lonely Island? I think they got their start as a couple of friends who just did random crap on the internet, but when they joined the SNL cast (Andy Samberg as an actor, the other two as writers), SNL Digital Shorts become an outlet for them. They wound up putting out three albums before they all left the show.

If you liked that video and seriously have never head of them, feel free to Google the videos for "D*ck in a Box," "Motherlover," "3-Way (The Golden Rule)," "I'm on a Boat," "Like a Boss," "Jack Sparrow," and my personal favorite, "I Just Had Sex".

thanks for the suggestions. they looked positively gleaming in the last one.

yup, i've been living on an island (pun intended). never heard of them before. i only hit youtube to follow links, and i don't do facebook.

thanks for the suggestions. they looked positively gleaming in the last one.

yup, i've been living on an island (pun intended). never heard of them before. i only hit youtube to follow links, and i don't do facebook.

I don't do Facebook either, and like yourself, I usually follow links to Youtube rather than actually go to Youtube. I guess I was just a little surprised because they were kind of a big deal on Saturday Night Live (especially whenever Justin Timberlake was on). Or, maybe you'd know them better from the movie Hot Rod? That was one of their projects.

Guest davidwhangchoi

songs was great drum tracks:

Paul Simon - 50 ways to leave your lover. Steve Gadd is one of the father's of modern drumming.

Rush Spirit of the Radio Neil Peart is icon of progressive rock genre

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

all you need is Mike Tyson air drumming then that Phil Collins song is perfect.

Phil Collins is an amazing drummer:

he's a guest drummer for one track for tear for fears: (ignore the guy faking it in the video, it's Phil Collins laying down the drums for this track) Amazing drum track.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Another drummer that is similar to Phil Collins... extremely underated but one of the best out there... Manu Katche.... he has one of the best feels out there. (smooth)

playing w/ Peter Gabriel. Check out at least the first song "Across the River" to get a sense of his niceness :)

Secret World Live (Whole Concert, freakin long...)

http://youtu.be/RPeTr8RsCwk

Since we're on Miami Vice we need the title theme:

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

some b-sides and rare U2

unreleased u2 song that bono sang acoustic w/ edge but a fan added a full band.

wild irish rose

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

hmm i cant think of any movie soundtracks right now... will post one!!!

more b-sides u2

demo sweetest thing

"this recording was made as a test of the recording system proir to the recording of Joshua Tree.

I was fortunate enough to watch and hear bono make up sweetest thing for the first time ever and as He ensured that I took a recording away with me I wanted to share it with you lot. enjoy my kittens."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AFpxZRxbyU&feature=player_embedded

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

this is how the song turns out (released on a maxi single b side of streets have no name )

http://youtu.be/L7n6BylwyxU

ok found a movie soundtrack of a song i posted, but love the scene (could only find it in Spanish)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

The great Lou Reed passed away. From the Velvet Underground to some of his early 70's stuff, he was one amazing songwriter and wrote a couple of my favorite songs.

Edited by Marzan

Guest davidwhangchoi

great songs

The great Lou Reed passed away. From the Velvet Underground to some of his early 70's stuff, he was one amazing songwriter and wrote a couple of my favorite songs.

thanks for sharing his songs... i like them

Walk on the Wild Side -Lou Reed

i know i posted this but just putting it up as bono sings Walk on the Wild Side at 10:38

Edited by davidwhangchoi

For something even more offbeat than usual, I present Parlez-nous à boire ('Let's Talk About Drinking') a traditional French song (brought over I believe with the Acadians and/or Creole who settled in Louisiana). This piece is from one of those gems from the past that you have to see at least once: Southern Comfort (with Powers Booth, Keith Carradine, Fred Ward and Peter Coyote among others).

Edited by 1st Border Red Devil

Guest davidwhangchoi

For something even more offbeat than usual, I present Parlez-nous à boire ('Let's Talk About Drinking') a traditional French song

that reminds me of this(greatest 80's alternative one hit wonder):

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Finally got a chance to get a copy of Shadowrun Returns and start playing. While not as faithful to the setting as it could be, its closer to the SNES version (where you can funcationally have both cyberware and wield magic, which would normally result in being a Burnout at some point). Anyway, the music so far has been fantastic.

And in honor of yesterday being All Hallow's Eve, from Scream.

Guest davidwhangchoi

treatment i'm about to buy the album been watching the prices slowly go down for happy bivouvac...

"let it be" song is like sad seeing all those cameos...

shadowrun nice...

arrgh A7 didn't see your post (snuck up like a ninja.) so i deleted mine will post one after listening to yours...

How about some 5, 6, 7, 8's?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2bciZpZuWQ

bumping up yours

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

lol A7, i see what you did switching out the first two... for the vonage anthem... pretty quick witted...

ok some 70's disco no lyrics

A little more Shadowrun musical goodness never hurt. Compare and contrast classic SNES Shadowrun Grundge Joint

with the unreleased Shadowrun Return's Safehouse (which is actually below The Seamstress Union)

If you're a tabletop player, the soundtrack from the Deluxe Edition would make for a nice setup for mood music. Of course, Safehouse is currently unreleased, so you would need to find a loop like the YouTube video and rip it (or have some way of extracting the music from the game itself, though that might violate the EUA, not sure).

Guest davidwhangchoi

that outfield songs sounds like stan bush and the vocal harmonys like police between 1:55-2:10. i played it like 10 times... lol

arcade OST

http://youtu.be/Xhgme63EnOM

Composer: Shinji Hosoe (the whole Dragon Spirit sound track is amazing... game is hard as hell)

Edited by davidwhangchoi