Guest davidwhangchoi

Damn, you wouldn't know that guy wasn't Bono if there weren't video along with this.

throw some music up Mommar. i know you got some tunes you're currently into.

I never get bored of Time Stands Still, such an awesome RUSH song, and yes the effort on the Audio was excellent!

Great cover of a U2 song, the lead singer actually kinda sounds like Bono, Achtung Baby is probably my favorite U2 Album, that and Joshua Tree.

Guest davidwhangchoi

that's an awesome QUEEN performance. all my friends grew up listening to Rush, Queen. Though my macho friends made fun of non straight people in the 80's they still worshipped Freddie and QUEEN was played in everybody's prom with cheers.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

It's Friday and the first time i'm home this early from work in a while.

These guys are awesome with an 80's synthrock sound

Petra (80's gospel genre)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

another from the 70's

rare Jacksons. even before Michael did the moonwalk and was known for his dance moves you can see that he's got moves and stood out from his brothers. how he doesn't get dizzy or the mic wire doesn't get tangled when he spins so fast is beyond me:

http://youtu.be/e4bk8uCx0aM

Apparently someone doing the early morning programming on the "old school" channel here in Albuquerque was inspired by, or paying tribute to, Harold Ramis as they played this:

then this:

And they rounded it out with the extended version of this. Can't be a coincidence.

Edited by Mommar

Guest davidwhangchoi

All of this old-school stuff reminds me of the VERY FIRST song I ever asked my parents to buy for me (when I was three years old.) I can't believe they did.

i remember that song, and this...

from 1975

Not sure how to post a video.

My GF today requested the song below, got her hooked on 'Absolute 80's/Radio' an UK radio station. She is 21, 25yrs younger than moi and Japanese.

I got a 13yr old son by my j-wife of 15yrs who passed away from breast-cancer 4yrs ago. A fav of hers. Might be TMI for some.

Edited by CrazyDude

Not sure how to post a video.

My GF today requested the song below, got her hooked on 'Absolute 80's/Radio' an UK radio station. She is 21, 25yrs younger than moi and Japanese.

I got a 13yr old son by my j-wife of 15yrs who passed away from breast-cancer 4yrs ago. A fav of hers. Might be TMI for some.

I feel nostalgic.

Edited by antibiotictab

Sarah Brightman in the biggest church of my hometown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNoDQpK3ZeU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Gregorian(Masters of Chant) and Amelia Brightman at a castle close to where I grew up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmQXas3NxME&feature=youtube_gdata_player

They do a lot of covers helps me relax and cope with my depression.

Funny no mention of 'Bridge over troubled waters'.

Heavy into new age music like kitaro, 12 girls band and Enigma(Sandra/Arabesque and hubby Michael Cretu).

Edited by CrazyDude

They do a lot of covers helps me relax and cope with my depression.

Funny no mention of 'Bridge over troubled waters'.

Heavy into new age music like kitaro, 12 girls band and Enigma(Sandra/Arabesque and hubby Michael Cretu).

I noticed that song, too. :)

Well, I wonder where does that 12 Chinese girls band (女子十二楽坊) go.

No one like crossover/ fusion/ jazz funk things?
My latest live concert experiences were Level 42 and Pat Metheny about 3 years ago.
Edited by antibiotictab

Another fav soundtrack they cover is 'Jonathan Livingston Seagull' by Neil Diamond, fond memories of watching that movie with family and school teachers, still got the LP.

And also fond of 'Crazy Ken Band', Gary Moore and Donovan's soundtrack of Brother Sun and Sister Moon.

For good lyrics I like Cat Stevens/Yusuf Islam.

My taste is all over the show and ages/genres.

Edited by CrazyDude

Guest davidwhangchoi

No one like crossover/ fusion/ jazz funk things?

My latest live concert experiences were Level 42 and Pat Metheny about 3 years ago.

Pat Metheny is nice.

i've seen Mike Stern and Dennis chambers play i couple of times live, once with bassist Lincoln Goines and another with Victor Wooten in a NYC jazz club by NYU. i've seen Eric Johnson's play there as well.

i love this classic: