I figure the 1980's-obsessed crowd here might appreciate something like La Roux, so here's a single from her album:

I've liked La Roux for a while now, I'm still waiting for that second album. :(

anyways some good stuff:

I've liked La Roux for a while now, I'm still waiting for that second album. :(

I figured there would be at least a few folks here that knew of her, but don't think I've ever seen it mentioned. On the rare occasion I encounter something I like that happens to have a very 1980's bent (the film "Drive", the music of "La Roux", the video games "Dust: An Elysian Tail" and "Fez", etc) I try to make mention of it because I know there are more than a few folks here at MW that take love of 80's pop culture to an extreme I dare not ponder :)

Despite not being a favorite band of mine, I appreciate Daft Punk's ability to produce a track or two every few years that I enjoy. I'm also a big fan of The Strokes, so it's fun to see lead singer Julian Casablancas with Daft Punk on this track, even autotuned (though thankfully done deliberately for style rather enhancement). Good track!

Edited by Mr March

Guest davidwhangchoi

about to leave the office so i going to throw something up here:

Scott Ian of Anthrax talks about Stryper opening for them... pretty funny...

still, they were sonically ok, for the late 80's:

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

another from poison (guilty pleasure) from that '03 set

it's really hard to play slow tempo songs without dragging unless there's a good sense of time within the musicians. their time is solid.

Edited by davidwhangchoi