Guest davidwhangchoi

Halfway done going through every the song on the thread

taking a break and sharing a few songs to enjoy:

edite: changed songs

U2

1st appearance on US TV

"I Will Follow"

live recording closest to studio version. (best live verision, Bono couldn't replicate it again)

final rehearsal before first opening tour for Zoo TV

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Some motown and oldies

David Ruffin lead singer from the Temptations, had alot of material that was never released and locked up until 2004 (just a note: that's legendary bass player james jamerson playing)

Rare from 1971 (i think it's better than the Jackson 5)

This is the original writer of an oldie by frankie lymon and the teenagers

http://youtu.be/KSQL1uq3BgQ

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

lol that fox video is crazy.... i think i'll show it in my lecture next week, (i'm going to be lurking here all day while at work playing some tunes)

Posting up two Dragon Ash songs. (pioneers in bringing hip hop mainstream in Japan),

Spanish influenced album, i posted a Mondo Grosso song "KJ" was featured in, Rio de Emocion from 2005 (River of Emotion) mixes some Spanish w/ Japanese lyrics

Dragon Ash - 朝凪 (Asanagi) Revival

Los Lobos

http://youtu.be/YAB0YuVn_6o

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Well played sir! B))

Damn i have to put down GTA V and bust out the original ova's on my shelf tonight.

Priss and cyber punk music...

sorry couldn't find a live band ver. of Mad Machine i just put something else

80s anime... i loved this song coming from my vhs tape.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

That's actually from 1991. But hey - the 0083 soundtrack kicks ass.

I remember watching MIQ's concert at AX2004. She ended the show with this song, and there were Zeon flags all over the building.

got it! 90's is so long ago i didn't bother to double check.

"Jion" flags all over the place? i guess she's sides w/ GATO. i brought the dvd set and don't like the official subs. I loved the fansubs of 0083 as "blue angel," "walfish,' and any text is translated properly. once gundam made "Zeon" official as the name for the Gundam universe, i disliked it. it doesn't sound consistent w/ the german names of the mobile armors, etc. "Jion" sounds like the second coming of military regime. Zeon sounds like something a kid made up.

that song is sticking in my head.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

got it! 90's is so long ago i didn't bother to double check.

"Jion" flags all over the place? i guess she's sides w/ GATO. i brought the dvd set and don't like the official subs. I loved the fansubs of 0083 as "blue angel," "walfish,' and any text is translated properly. once gundam made "Zeon" official as the name for the Gundam universe, i disliked it. it doesn't sound consistent w/ the german names of the mobile armors, etc. "Jion" sounds like the second coming of military regime. Zeon sounds like something a kid made up.

that song is sticking in my head.

In all fairness, it was spelled "Zion" (note the graffiti on the Xamel in episode 2) before Sunrise and Bandai agreed to use "Zeon" instead.

Back to the music. Here's some Maaya Sakamoto.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0L41jvh2kE

Halfway done going through every the song on the thread

taking a break and sharing a few songs to enjoy:

edite: changed songs

U2

1st appearance on US TV

"I Will Follow"

live recording closest to studio version. (best live verision, Bono couldn't replicate it again)

final rehearsal before first opening tour for Zoo TV

Ahh, GOOD U2.

Lotta great, live tracks out there of them. Some of my personal favorites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0EcfSA4Nk0

Kinda bummed that I can't find the following live versions:

* Running to Stand Still/Dirty Old Town (the ones on Youtube are just not as good as the one I downloaded from Kazaa years ago).

*All I Want Is You (a version performed on a British (or Irish?) show around the late 80's).

Guest davidwhangchoi

Ahh, GOOD U2.

Lotta great, live tracks out there of them. Some of my personal favorites:

* Running to Stand Still/Dirty Old Town (the ones on Youtube are just not as good as the one I downloaded from Kazaa years ago).

*All I Want Is You (a version performed on a British (or Irish?) show around the late 80's).

i remember those were on my Pentium III HDD, lol

My former band played alot of U2 covers. Biggest Band in the World! Most bands sound great on CD and suck live. U2 sounds even better live. Bono screwed up his voice drinking so i think his pinnacle was Actung studio and the early zoo tv tours like washington DC. if you notice he can't do the falsetto in the same voicing at the end of "One" ever again... here's the DC version where he could go high but chokes trying to do it like the album..

http://youtu.be/VkFdGE_mty0?t=4m13s

Like the 80's pop and electro/synth with a dark twist? Check out CHVRCHES, I'm really liking their sound:

i'm digging it... you should post a non vevo verison as it region locks some countries

vocals remind me of a "Darker" Passion Pit (sorry it's vevo) i like CHVRCHES way better..

edite: looks like they toured with Passion Pit!!!

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1714476/chvrches-bones-what-you-believe.jhtml

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

They've also opened for Depeche Mode, which must be quite an honor.

i picked up their album on the way home from work. it was 7.99 at bestbuy and released today. was listening in the car and it's ok, i think the audio mix is not great. i got a headache bc the bass was too boomy. overall, i like a few songs but most of the songs sound similar besides three tracks. it actually sounds better through the youtube link you posted. on a side note: when i see them in photos the two guys look like pedophiles next to the little girl. lol... i also got my Dragon Ash CD in the mail today.

so jealous A7 owns the street fighter OST,

change of pace: 80's Run DMC

full concert rare (Rock Box starts at 19:00 = Best Song)

posting 90's hip hop

B Real goes crowd surfing and get his sneakers stolen... starts 3:45:

Edited by davidwhangchoi