The first generation Porsche 911 will always be a timeless classic. No matter how many redesigns and technological advancements the 911 has undergone over the decades, auto enthusiasts still look back at the model that graced the streets from the 1960s to the 1980s. And while the Singer Porsche 911 is actually a reskinned 964, this "Sleeper" by DP Motorsport is a 1986 model that has undergone a rigorous diet, shedding 617 lbs. to tip the scales at 1,995 lbs. The 3.2 liter boxer-6 engine has been tuned to generate 270 bhp and 226 lb-ft torque. Suspension has been replaced with Bilstein shocks and Porsche 964 Carrera 2 brakes.

And unlike the Singer 911, this Sleeper can be obtained at a more reachable price: €89,911.

1986-DP-Motorsport-Porsche-911-Sleeper-S

1986-DP-Motorsport-Porsche-911-Sleeper-D

1986-DP-Motorsport-Porsche-911-Sleeper-I

1986 DP Motorsport Porsche 911 Sleeper

What if the Ford GT were not discontinued. Galpin Auto Sports, home of Pimp My Ride, recently unveiled their Ford GTR1 concept, their vision of what a second generation GT would look like. Under the hood, the 5.4 liter V8 is mated to two turbochargers, resulting in a massive jump to 1,024 bhp and 739 lb-ft torque on 91 octane gasoline. Galpin estimates a 0-60 acceleration of 3.1 seconds and a top speed of 225 mph.

Galpin Auto Sports is planning to build up to 24 examples of the GTR1, with a carbon fiber version costing US$1.02 million. Each GTR1 is constructed from a donor Ford GT, supplied from GAS or the potential buyer.

Galpin-Ford-GTR1-front.jpg

Galpin-Ford-GTR1-front-three-quarter.jpg

Galpin-Ford-GTR1-profile.jpg

Galpin-Ford-GTR1-rear-three-quarter.jpg

Galpin-Ford-GTR1-rear.jpg

Galpin-Ford-GTR1-engine.jpg

Galpin-Ford-GTR1-interior.jpg

1024-HP Galpin Ford GTR1 Revealed at Pebble Beach

The first generation Porsche 911 will always be a timeless classic. No matter how many redesigns and technological advancements the 911 has undergone over the decades, auto enthusiasts still look back at the model that graced the streets from the 1960s to the 1980s. And while the Singer Porsche 911 is actually a reskinned 964, this "Sleeper" by DP Motorsport is a 1986 model that has undergone a rigorous diet, shedding 617 lbs. to tip the scales at 1,995 lbs. The 3.2 liter boxer-6 engine has been tuned to generate 270 bhp and 226 lb-ft torque. Suspension has been replaced with Bilstein shocks and Porsche 964 Carrera 2 brakes.

And unlike the Singer 911, this Sleeper can be obtained at a more reachable price: €89,911.

1986 DP Motorsport Porsche 911 Sleeper

Good grief! How much metal--and where--did they have to take out of that chassis to get the weight down so low? Surely that must make for a rather frail car, roll bar or no?

Good grief! How much metal--and where--did they have to take out of that chassis to get the weight down so low? Surely that must make for a rather frail car, roll bar or no?

A car detailed like this would not meet DOT standards.

Coming to theaters on August 30 is Getaway, an action film starring Ethan Hawke, who must get behind the wheel of a Ford Mustang Shelby Cobra Super Snake and follow the orders of a mysterious voice (John Voight) to ensure the safety of his wife. Yes, there will be chases and there will be vehicular carnage. Unfortunately, there will also be Selena Gomez in this film.

Official Site

Eventually, when the seventh film starts production, The Fast and the Furious will have its own thread. In the meantime, here's an update:

- Jason Statham is the new villain.

- Dwayne Johnson has confirmed his return in this film.

- Female MMA fighter Ronda Rousey has been in negotiations to join the cast. She is currently busy with The Expendables 3.

- Tony Jaa, famous for the Thai martial arts film Ong-Bak, will make his Hollywood debut in this film.

Asian Star Tony Jaa Joins Fast & Furious 7

Edited by areaseven

I'm hoping my 2002 Audi A4 keeps plugging for a couple more years so I can buy a house with a nice garage for the next vehicle. If the A4 died on my the 2014 CTS would definitely need to get a test drive... I'm a family man and a golfer so the bigger size sits well with me.

Today's cars have on-board computers that manage everything bumper-to-bumper, such as the fuel system, brakes, and power steering. Unfortunately, this means that like your PC, someone can tinker with your car without you knowing it. A good example is in the London chase scene in Furious 6, where Shaw's Russian thugs shoot magnetic receivers on the BMW M5s of Toretto's gang before remotely disabling their brakes.

Warning: Your Car Can Be Hacked

I'm starting to feel like I'm getting a little "meh," all comic-book'ed out. :mellow:

I know he's oft been the butt of a joke, in relation to his seeming lack of powers compared to other characters; but seriously--why the fu*k is Aquaman even still around? He's like one of those characters that should be ceremoniously hauled before some mythical pop/comic culture tribunal and told: you sir, need to justify your very existence here...

No speed driving here, but I want to thank you guys for inspiring me to finally get new wheels and tires after 19 years of running around with those ghastly 15" wheels and 60 series bubble tires.

Yesterday:

dcsig3.jpg[

Today:

IMG_1588_zps7d23263a.jpg

IMG_1586_zps45d5c48c.jpg

IMG_1602_zpsac6d8f98.jpg

Edited by myk