New 1/72 Macross release by Hasegawa

ahiachris

I went to order one yesterday on HLJ and they had 'ORDER STOP'... so perhaps they got their stock confirmed. Anyway, I won't be building one until the end of the year, so am in no rush. Now to work on a colour scheme...

Woot! ditto, my pre-order payment just went through. Should be here early next week. ^_^

ME TOO! Woohoo!! Now just to find the time to work on it... ;-(

What schema you will build?

I was thinking probably just the Mac Plus scheme for the first one I build. Although I've been wanting to do non-"canon" color schemes and squadron markings and such, I don't have a lot of time if I want it ready for Otakon, and I do like doing "the standards" as well. Mac Plus is what got me into Macross, after all, and on the merits of those few scenes in Ep. 1 I've wanted to build a Thunderbolt for a long time... So going with the standard scheme definitely has its appeal for me, too. :)

If anybody's considering a Battroid mode conversion (and you know we'll see one in a hobby magazine within the next few months...) here's a quick composite I did from the Hasegawa color guide to test out the concept. No parts were resized or reshaped (but see the note below about the wings) I think it would work out rather well...

post-988-0-43689400-1308341160_thumb.jpeg

The legs could probably use a bit more length - and it also must be noted that the way I've laid it out, the wings' control surfaces wind up overlapping (so it wouldn't be exactly lineart-accurate unless you folded the control surfaces 180 degrees under the wing, to make room for the rotating segment of the forward fuselage to be seen from behind. And of course there's all sorts of tweaks that could be done to improve it - but I think a straight-up Battroid conversion of this kit, even just using the original fighter-mode proportions of the parts, could turn out rather nicely...

(Well, it should also be noted that the image of the forearms, that the back of the forearms - the long side. The short side of the forearm would come up about to about where those scribed triangles are. So the forearms could probably benefit from some overall up-scaling, but still...)

Edited by tetsujin

I was thinking probably just the Mac Plus scheme for the first one I build. Although I've been wanting to do non-"canon" color schemes and squadron markings and such, I don't have a lot of time if I want it ready for Otakon, and I do like doing "the standards" as well. Mac Plus is what got me into Macross, after all, and on the merits of those few scenes in Ep. 1 I've wanted to build a Thunderbolt for a long time... So going with the standard scheme definitely has its appeal for me, too. :)

If anybody's considering a Battroid mode conversion (and you know we'll see one in a hobby magazine within the next few months...) here's a quick composite I did from the Hasegawa color guide to test out the concept. No parts were resized or reshaped (but see the note below about the wings) I think it would work out rather well...

post-988-0-43689400-1308341160_thumb.jpeg

The legs could probably use a bit more length - and it also must be noted that the way I've laid it out, the wings' control surfaces wind up overlapping (so it wouldn't be exactly lineart-accurate unless you folded the control surfaces 180 degrees under the wing, to make room for the rotating segment of the forward fuselage to be seen from behind. And of course there's all sorts of tweaks that could be done to improve it - but I think a straight-up Battroid conversion of this kit, even just using the original fighter-mode proportions of the parts, could turn out rather nicely...

(Well, it should also be noted that the image of the forearms, that the back of the forearms - the long side. The short side of the forearm would come up about to about where those scribed triangles are. So the forearms could probably benefit from some overall up-scaling, but still...)

I will build mine in the Macross + Schema too, don't like most of the Mac7 schemas. Those squadron decals that came with the kit are very nice, I think I will use them with the VF-4 Lightning I just brought, I will build thet VF-4 in a low viz schema and I will use those decals. I think the VF-11B decals sheet is one of the best Hasegawa has ever put in a Macross kit IMHO.

Judging by the tracking number, my pair should be delivered some time today. I kind of wish I'd ordered a couple of the 1/100 VF-25/YF-29 kits with them now, though I don't know if the pre-orders would have overlapped enough to get them at the same time.

Cool! I just got mine yeaterday, but haven't had much time to do anything with it yet.

I was thinking about getting a 1:100 VF-25 as well... I'm not happy with the sticker situation with that kit but the price is nice at least. I'm thinking about getting multiples of that kit to do a transformation sequence build... But I'm trying hard to buy no more than one kit for each model I finish - strictly speaking I haven't built enough even to get the Thunderbolt, so I couldn't really get another kit beyond that anyway...

If you're ordering from HLJ, there are tricks you can do to manipulate what gets shipped.

The basic rules are like this:

• When you place an order, normally the order doesn't ship until all the items in that order (i.e. the same order number) are in-stock.
  • However, if the order stands for a certain amount of time (2 months?) they'll ship the in-stock items in your order.
  • Any time they ship anything, they'll try to ship all in-stock stuff you've ordered at the same time.

So, let's say you pre-ordered the Thunderbolt, and you want to get a VF-25 shipped in the same order (but you don't want the order to be delayed if the VF-25 isn't available):

Order 1: Buy the VF-11 and nothing else.

Order 2: Buy the VF-25 and a second item that won't be available until after the VF-11 is in stock. (Preorders are probably best for the second item).

When the VF-11 is in stock, HLJ will ship Order 1 - so they'll check your other orders for in-stock items, and if the VF-25 is in stock they'll ship that, too. Then, when the order ships, you can cancel the other item...

Alternately, if you're getting two VF-11's, you could do it like this:

Order 1: Buy one VF-11 (preorder).

Order 2: Buy a VF-25 and the other VF-11.

Both orders will be held up waiting for the VF-11, but nothing will be held up if the VF-25 isn't in stock. If the VF-25 wound up not being in stock when the Thunderbolts ship, you could cancel the VF-25 order so it wouldn't ship on its own.

If you're ordering from HLJ, there are tricks you can do to manipulate what gets shipped.

The basic rules are like this:

• When you place an order, normally the order doesn't ship until all the items in that order (i.e. the same order number) are in-stock.
  • However, if the order stands for a certain amount of time (2 months?) they'll ship the in-stock items in your order.
  • Any time they ship anything, they'll try to ship all in-stock stuff you've ordered at the same time.

So, let's say you pre-ordered the Thunderbolt, and you want to get a VF-25 shipped in the same order (but you don't want the order to be delayed if the VF-25 isn't available):

Order 1: Buy the VF-11 and nothing else.

Order 2: Buy the VF-25 and a second item that won't be available until after the VF-11 is in stock. (Preorders are probably best for the second item).

When the VF-11 is in stock, HLJ will ship Order 1 - so they'll check your other orders for in-stock items, and if the VF-25 is in stock they'll ship that, too. Then, when the order ships, you can cancel the other item...

Alternately, if you're getting two VF-11's, you could do it like this:

Order 1: Buy one VF-11 (preorder).

Order 2: Buy a VF-25 and the other VF-11.

Both orders will be held up waiting for the VF-11, but nothing will be held up if the VF-25 isn't in stock. If the VF-25 wound up not being in stock when the Thunderbolts ship, you could cancel the VF-25 order so it wouldn't ship on its own.

just to add, before you place order2, you need to wait until you get the order confirmation email from hlj. if you place order2 before that, it'll still get lumped with the first and considered one order

I know this question is "off topic", but I don´t want to open a thread just for this...

I wanted to buy 2 VF-1S 1/48 from hasegawa, but, in HLJ and hobby search it is discontinued, my question is, will this item be available again? I can´t believe that just a limited run was out.

Thank you.

just to add, before you place order2, you need to wait until you get the order confirmation email from hlj. if you place order2 before that, it'll still get lumped with the first and considered one order

Right, yeah, I forgot that one. That's important. :) Thanks for the catch.

I know this question is "off topic", but I don´t want to open a thread just for this...

I wanted to buy 2 VF-1S 1/48 from hasegawa, but, in HLJ and hobby search it is discontinued, my question is, will this item be available again? I can´t believe that just a limited run was out.

Thank you.

They are just switching between products, they should restart the product line in a little while.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...