Place your bets...

Draykov

Which 1/48 Yamato VF-1 do you think we'll see next?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Which 1/48 Yamato VF-1 do you think we'll see next?

• VF-1A Cannon Fodder
    • VF-1A Kakizaki (DYRL?)
    • VF-1J Max/Miria
    • VF-1S Max
    • VF-1D
    • Other (write in)
    • Yamato is done with the 1/48 VF-1 line

I'm probably gonna get in trouble for posting semi-redundant Yamato 1/48 fan-boy polls, but with the VF-1J Hikaru practically here, I can't help but wonder what's next for the Yamato VF-1 line in 1/48. :rolleyes: If you were to bet money on one of the choices above, what would you place your chips on?

If you vote other, please add your speculative choice in the form of a post.

Edited by Draykov

C'mon...you know they've gotta do a M&M no matter what :p

I think it's a pretty easy guess that the next will be M&M 1J's and they will most likely be offered in both the FP and non-FP flavors just like the Hikaru 1J.

That would be my guess as well. Some have suggested they'll bundle the two together, but Yamato is box crazy as it is. They'd end up packaging them in something like this:

package.gif

Max and Millia. the CF either right behind or before them. Not sure yet. Suffice to say, I want my CF.

I hope Yamato doesn't make 1D, VT and the VE some kind of holy grail like Bandai did...

build it!!!

I don't get it. You don't want to buy them or you don't want to be tempted to buy them? What if they did wide releases? I don't know how likely it is that they'll do a VE-1 or VT-1, but I'd wager if they do one they'll do the other.

Edited by Draykov

I just hope they space them out a bit to give my wallet a chance to recover.

I'm with you. I'm wondering if the 1/60 Q-Rau and Monster won't come out prior to another 1/48 release. I suppose I wouldn't be too surprised either way. The Hikaru 1S and the low-vis 1A came out of nowhere as far as I'm concerned. Since then, I've learned to expect the unexpected.

I hope Yamato doesn't make 1D, VT and the VE some kind of holy grail like Bandai did...

build it!!!

I don't get it. You don't want to buy them or you don't want to be tempted to buy them? What if they did wide releases? I don't know how likely it is that they'll do a VE-1 or VT-1, but I'd wager if they do one they'll do the other.

I think the term "build it!!!" should have been a big hint...

These are probably the only ones I really want from Yamato... I could really care less if they skip the others on that poll. But I think the M&Ms are a shoe in to be next...

gotta go... need to build a closet...

These are probably the only ones I really want from Yamato... I could really care less if they skip the others on that poll. But I think the M&Ms are a shoe in to be next...

Maybe I'm being thick here, but when you say "these are probably the only ones..." are you referring to Max/Miria? And is the "build it" thing due to your distaste for funky heads and "the VT-1 shouldn't transform" mindset?

Edited by Draykov

Maybe I'm being thick here, but when you say "these are probably the only ones..." are you referring to Max/Miria? And is the "build it" thing due to your distaste for funky heads and "the VT-1 shouldn't transform" mindset?

I think he meands the 1D, the VT and the VE.

I'd love to have a VT. I didn't buy the 1/60 version, not because I was holding out for a 1/48 but because I thought it looked like ***. If they 1/48 it up, I'll be there.

Why would he hope Yamato doesn't make them if they're the ones he really wants? I think I get the fact that EXO wants model quality or nothing for the VE/VT, but I'm not sure I understand why he'd have anything to do with the line as a whole if that were the case.

Why would he hope Yamato doesn't make them if they're the ones he really wants? I think I get the fact that EXO wants model quality or nothing for the VE/VT, but I'm not sure I understand why he'd have anything to do with the line as a whole if that were the case.

Nonon, he doesn't want Yamato to pull a Bandai and make them in tiny little production runs. He wants lots and lots so he's guaranteed to get his.

I'll go along with the crowd and say they'll put the M&M set out so they can milk the new molds for all they're worth, including some spiffy new color coordinated tv-type fast packs.

They'll be undeniably gorgeous, but I think I'll pass - I already have this set in 1/60 and I'm starting to run out of space to keep all this stuff. Maybe I'll break down and get the Millia. We'll see.

So where's the new 19 already?

I guess I'm alone in voting for the Kakizaki varient... I just would like to see that one made on one time.. And a 1/48 one would be cool... The entire Skull Squad.

Eh... whata ya gonna do. :p

I guess I'm alone in voting for the Kakizaki varient... I just would like to see that one made on one time.. And a 1/48 one would be cool... The entire Skull Squad.

Eh... whata ya gonna do. :p

Keep in mind though, we're not merely talking about what we'd like to see. We're talking about what we're most likely to see next.

Nonon, he doesn't want Yamato to pull a Bandai and make them in tiny little production runs. He wants lots and lots so he's guaranteed to get his.

Ohhhhhhhhhh...*finally gets it*...I was reading that wrong. The issue isn't that he doesn't want them, it's that he doesn't want them to be made as a holy grail item...got it. :rolleyes: