Stooopid toy "blacklist" soccer mom poopoo!

91WhiskeyM6

One of the worse aspects of causes is they tend to be self-perpetuating. This is especially true of highly subjective causes like the one in this thread. At what point are toys non-violent enough for this group? The answer is never. They will never reach a point of compromise because to do so would result in them losing their cause, and the cause itself is far more important than its stated goals. At least a cause with an objective goal (say the American Cancer Society, which wants to cure cancer) dies off once the goal is met (though most of the group will simply switch to a new cause; frex the abolitionists after the US civil war).

What ever happening to parent's watching cartoons or movies with their children and explaining what is right and wrong and that no just because Jerry hit Tom in the back of the head with a basebalol bat doesn't mean you can do that to your brother? I grew up watching a lot of the shows people are complaining about and never had any problem discriminating right from wrong or reality from fanatasy. But then again my parents took the time to watch things with me and explain the difference between tv and reality. Maybe they ought to ban the news next. That's even worse than most tv shows or toys. Jeesh. Some of these groups need to spend more time with their kids and less time telling everyone else how to run their lives.

Edited by Weaseldancer

ever played wargames or soldiers with your friends, with a fake gun, fake helmet, etc?

I learned something over the years:

let those kids play and smile,..the alternative is a bunch of adults doing it with adult toys and adult motives

and I believe this is one of the reasons why I saw my dad smile when I was playing

He tought me right from wrong and over the years I never made a criminal offence

(He also decided what I was allowed to watch: Rambo 2 at 8 years old and I'm still not a violent person! must have done something wrong in my life :D )

Well, checked the link out and saw the list.

The list is ridiculous. I actually hate the Fast & Furious franchise but I'm surprised with the inclusion of the die-cast cars. My friend bought the set for his son and there's nothing offensive on them. It's not like there's naked chicks laid out on the hood. They're CARS, for God's sake!

Next thing you know the only thing a boy can get at Toys R Us is a box of pink panties. My friends, the pussification of America is well underway :angry:

To everyone else: This thread walks a dangerous line. Be careful that it doesn't tip over too far into the realm of the P word. DON'T SAY THE P-WORD!

Play Dough...

There, I said it.

But seriously. This is no new thing in America... anyone remember the uproar caused by the Inhumanoids toys? The Battlestar Galactica toys? the Garbage Pail Kids? the Lawn Dart? anything and everything made by Whammo toys?

I grew up in the seventies and as a child I owned war toys, toy guns and an army helmet (my father's real one actually), a BB rifle or two, a crazy goop monster maker, Slime, a light bright, lawn darts and I rode my unsafe reflectorless bike without a helmet and ten pounds of pads... guess what. I somehow survived. Today's rule of thumb in this ultra politially correct (is that the "P" word Max?) world is that if one child could possibly get hurt on something it goes bye bye. I think today's kids are actually being driven indoors to video games because all the cool outdoor war toys and crazy whammo air blaster toys are being taken away from them.

If I have a son he will get everything I had and I will be a good parent like my father was to me and teach him the true meaning of war and death, sex and drugs, boys and girls and all the other stuff the PTA wants our kids to learn when they are 16.

Well, checked the link out and saw the list.

Next thing you know the only thing a boy can get at Toys R Us is a box of pink panties. 

That might bring out some other problems for the kids in the future...

Edited by dna

Yeah, but these toys aren't being cited for any actual danger to kids, they're simply "bad influences". There's a separate "dangerous" toy list, which is usually anything that shoots anything, or makes sparks, is pointy, etc.

These are "anything that's not My Little Pony". :p And of course, not CLOSELY investigated, simply whatever has a "mean" name or they randomly read a character's bio on the back of the card. (Because they actually DIDN'T list the "Tortured Souls" from McFarlane when they came out----if they missed those, they obviously don't do even a half-assed job looking. If they're going to make lists like these, they could at least not miss the 6 worse ones by far) The second Tortured Souls line is tamer, IMHO. (Though I'm not too familiar with it)

Edited by David Hingtgen

Yeah, but these toys aren't being cited for any actual danger to kids, they're simply "bad influences". There's a separate "dangerous" toy list, which is usually anything that shoots anything, or makes sparks, is pointy, etc.

These are "anything that's not My Little Pony". :p And of course, not CLOSELY investigated, simply whatever has a "mean" name or they randomly read a character's bio on the back of the card. (Because they actually DIDN'T list the "Tortured Souls" from McFarlane when they came out----if they missed those, they obviously don't do even a half-assed job looking. If they're going to make lists like these, they could at least not miss the 6 worse ones by far) The second Tortured Souls line is tamer, IMHO. (Though I'm not too familiar with it)

Yes I was shocked tortured souls did not make this list. These people sifted through and picked out the most popular brands, not the worst.

This ridiculous... I was watching movies like "Alien(s)", "Nightmare on Elm Street", "Full Metal Jacket", "Apocalypse Now" and "predator" in my youth.... I was a constant war-gamer when I was little (in fact, I had very few toys that didn't have a combat theme of some sort.) As of right now in my life (I am 24) I have yet to inflict serious bodily harm on ANYONE, much less kill them in cold blood.

These people are so seriously misguided it isn't even funny... These are likely parents who wish they could home-school their kids just to keep outside influences from harming their "babies", and as such... kids don't get to grow up.

I don't buy into their theory at all. I grew up playing with toy guns and "violent" toys. I watched rated R movies at a tender age.....

Yeah...the 70s-80s were great! :)

and I'm one of the most non-aggresive compassionate people you would meet.

I wonder what would happen if someone stole your toys? :unsure:

Heh, so I wonder what the Soccer Moms would think of Tokyo Marui's new line of 'Boys' airsoft guns aimed at 10 year olds?

See here.

Heck, they even use Gaijin kids in the advert :p

Political incorrectness at it's finest!

Graham

I have to admit...the ad looks pretty bad-ass :o

If I was a 10 y.o. boy...I'd want one! :D

col1_back.jpg

Obviously Japanese parents are less likely to blame Canada then their American counterparts.

I've contacted the penguin armada in Antarctica about this toy blacklisting and they're on their way.

OH NO! You said the "P" word.

Heh, so I wonder what the Soccer Moms would think of Tokyo Marui's new line of 'Boys' airsoft guns aimed at 10 year olds?

See here.

Heck, they even use Gaijin kids in the advert :p

Political incorrectness at it's finest!

Graham

Damn, I was gonna mention that! :lol:

I had a battery operated TM Desert Eagle, and it SUCKED HARD! If that M4 continues the tradition of the battery operated pistols, I wouldn't buy my kids a piece of crap like that (not that I have any yet). :p

I spent a lot of my childhood playing wargames with toy guns. Okay, someone in my Psych class in Highschool said I looked like a serial killer and I was voted one of the top three students that was likely to go Columbine at school, but other than that nothing happened! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Political correctness, the new anti-communism.

You guys have to remember that there are a lot of stupid people out there. I think it is safe to say that there are a lot of things we don't want kids exposed to, like Michael Jackson. What frickin parent would let their kids sleep over at that dude's house? A few rated R movies or stupid toys are not going to corrupt anyone but every parent should be very aware of what there kids are getting into. Lists like that are kind of stupid but they can be helpful to those parents who do not have a clue of what is out there. Every kid and family is different. I wouldn't want every 12 year old to have bb guns like those.

You guys have to remember that there are a lot of stupid people out there. I think it is safe to say that there are a lot of things we don't want kids exposed to, like Michael Jackson. What frickin parent would let their kids sleep over at that dude's house? A few rated R movies or stupid toys are not going to corrupt anyone but every parent should be very aware of what there kids are getting into. Lists like that are kind of stupid but they can be helpful to those parents who do not have a clue of what is out there. Every kid and family is different. I wouldn't want every 12 year old to have bb guns like those.

the problem with that list is that its completely inaccurate as to what is actually violent and what is out therebesides, any parents who would buy a little kid one of the matrix toys is an idiot cuz they arent really toys, aside from the apu and the sentinel, which are both bigger and heaver than most kids will play with, the rest are more display statues, and im not even gonna get into power rangers and ninja turtles, both of which have been around for YEARS without any complaints until now

think it is safe to say that there are a lot of things we don't want kids exposed to, like Michael Jackson. What frickin parent would let their kids sleep over at that dude's house?

I still find it surprising so many parents have allowed their kids to sleep in that freak of natures house. :huh:

As a working parent myself, if anything should go to the watchdog list, it's the Purple Dinosaur!!! I loose many nights of sleep trying to rid the songs from my head, everytime I pick my son up from school and I have ultra violent ideas I'd like to try on my colleagues in the client-servicing team in the morning. I'll NEVER buy Barney stuff for my son. :angry:

Edited by Beware of Blast

think it is safe to say that there are a lot of things we don't want kids exposed to, like Michael Jackson. What frickin parent would let their kids sleep over at that dude's house?

I still find it surprising so many parents have allowed their kids to sleep in that freak of natures house. :huh:

Yeah...I just don't understand these parents. If I saw him walking towards me on the street, I'd run to the other side. I mean, I'm a grown man, know a little kung fu, and I'd be scared sh*t to be within 100 meters of him!

yah, and they choose to give their kids Looney Tunes toys, and have them watch Looney Tunes instead.

Nope...Looney Tunes is considered one of the most violent cartoons of all time. It hsa suffered immensely at the hands of the PC crowd. Stupid arseholes! People that write these sort of lists miss the point IMNSHO. Unfortunately, common sense seems to be lacking in this world of ours.

yah, and they choose to give their kids Looney Tunes toys, and have them watch Looney Tunes instead.

Nope...Looney Tunes is considered one of the most violent cartoons of all time.

Yep. Take the time to sit down and watch 10 minutes of Looney Tunes next saturday. The cartoons that they still show, and there's a lot that have just disappeared from TV altogether, are positively neutered. Thank god for DVD.

Nope...Looney Tunes is considered one of the most violent cartoons of all time.

Yep. Take the time to sit down and watch 10 minutes of Looney Tunes next saturday. The cartoons that they still show, and there's a lot that have just disappeared from TV altogether, are positively neutered. Thank god for DVD.

Nope. Thank God for bootleg $3.99 VHS tapes. The DVDs are from Warner. The $4.00 Looney Tunes tapes released by the independant distributors and are as they first appeared on TV (Complete with the ol skool aap logos.) They are the closest to original you can get (Even though you still can't get the Bugs Bunny WWII themed shows).

When are these idiot PC crowd going to realise that it's not about banning things or prevent access to them, it's all about being responsible and teaching responsible behavior, basically being a good parent. Passing the blame for their kids bad behaviour onto inanimate objects is just avoiding the real issues. The more you ban so called violent toys, games etc, the more it makes people want them.

My parents never stopped me from watching violent programs, never discouraged my interests in martial arts, weapons and firearms. Over the years, I've studied Judo, Wing Chun, Arnis, Fencing, Archery and been a very active IPSC shooter. Does this make me a violent person? I like to think I'm one of the least violent people I know. I will always go out of my way to avoid trouble. In fact the last time I got into a fight was in high school 20 years ago!

I've got to say that even as a child and teenager, watching a violent movie, reading a violent comic book or playing violent video games never once made me go out and hurt or kill another person.

Graham