I Am Number Four

areaseven

Coming to cinemas on February 18, 2011 is I Am Number Four, based on the young adult novel of the same title. Produced by Steven Spielberg and Michael Bay and directed by D. J. Caruso (Disturbia, Eagle Eye), the film stars Alex Pettyfer (Alex Rider: Operation Stormbreaker), Timothy Olyphant (Thomas in Live Free or Die Hard, Agent 47 in Hitman), Dianna Agron (Quinn in Glee), Kevin Durand (The Blob in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Joshua in Dark Angel) and Teresa Palmer (Becky in The Sorcerer's Apprentice).

Official Site

post-237-129314804569_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

"Who is Number One?" "You are. Number Six"

If you look at my punctuation in that sentence you can see that I have included something that can blow the entire series for a person who hasn't seen it.

If you look at my punctuation in that sentence you can see that I have included something that can blow the entire series for a person who hasn't seen it.

It dosnt, it merely references one particular theory which is very open to debate. Regardless its not some kind of major revelation that would hamper enjoyment of the series if you had prior knowledge, since nothing is actually done with it to give it any relevance.

I tried to keep that as vague as possible so only people who know what im talking about will know what im talking about.

It dosnt, it merely references one particular theory which is very open to debate. Regardless its not some kind of major revelation that would hamper enjoyment of the series if you had prior knowledge, since nothing is actually done with it to give it any relevance.

Have you actually SEEN the last episode of the series. It's more than just a theory.

Have you actually SEEN the last episode of the series. It's more than just a theory.

Yes i have, no its not. That episode is full of symbolism and so it would be very silly to take it literally. Anyway as i said even if you do choose to take space rockets, monkey masks, and cackling dopplegangers literally then it dosnt spoil the rest of the series in any way.

Yes i have, no its not. That episode is full of symbolism and so it would be very silly to take it literally. Anyway as i said even if you do choose to take space rockets, monkey masks, and cackling dopplegangers literally then it dosnt spoil the rest of the series in any way.

Well, I guess we can agree to disagree on this one. I take the line from the first episode to be a really big clue, especially when you consider that McGoohan wanted it to be a much shorter series than it eventually became. I think its quite possible that the ending was meant to be as literal as the series could possibly be, (it was never based in a realistic world anyway).

The ending is probably comparable to 2001 and Evangelion, where you can take away from it whatever you want.

Taksraven

So i saw the movie. It isn't perfect, no. But the acting is serviceable to good (Tim Olyphant is awesome as always) and the story and romance aren't insipid. Dianna Agron was just as hot as I desired her to be, an while people have been saying she cant act, I liked her performance a lot as well. The main weaknes is the lead guy; He's not a bad actor and his character is fine, but the dude LOOKS like he will kick all your asses. And he doesn't look like a teenager at ALL!

There are some plot holes, the biggest being WHY do the 9 aliens have to die in sequence, but they dont grind on me. i also questioned why in the middle of escaping the town, the main 2 stopped to develop phoos, but whatever.

And then there is the ending. WOW id they save their budget for the finale! the last 20 mins or so are GREAT Sci fi/Super powers action, and worth a matinee or rental of the film if nothing else is!

So yeah I dug it. It was a good simple action flick, just what I wanted.

Coming to cinemas on February 18, 2011 is I Am Number Four, based on the young adult novel of the same title.

Ah, that explains a lot. Initial impression from the trailers that I got was: avoid it like a movie with a title in all-capitalized-big-red-font. I kept expecting to hear an announcer's voice go: "coming this fall to the WB network..."

PASS. <_<

Thank you, taksraven. I was hoping to see the Prisoner some day, but now I won't have to because now I know who the f#ck was Number 1 all along!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And then there is the ending. WOW id they save their budget for the finale! the last 20 mins or so are GREAT Sci fi/Super powers action, and worth a matinee or rental of the film if nothing else is!

So yeah I dug it. It was a good simple action flick, just what I wanted.

I was forced to watch it. It was okay until... that last bit in the school.

God, it was such a mess. Kinda reminded me of the mind-numbingly bloated CG-overkill of Transformers 2. Surprisingly enough, the producer was Michael Bay. Can't believe my friends passed Black Swan for this...

wow, I totally disagree! LOVED the ending, and unlike many films i could tell who was fighting who and what was happening.

That's cool. I had a buddy who was raving about it as well. Who knows? They green-light a sequel for this already? It's not doing so well at the box office. I heard Percy Jackson is getting one and that was an even worse film!

I was forced to watch it. It was okay until... that last bit in the school.

God, it was such a mess. Kinda reminded me of the mind-numbingly bloated CG-overkill of Transformers 2. Surprisingly enough, the producer was Michael Bay. Can't believe my friends passed Black Swan for this...

I'd have favored getting run over on the freeway if I knew what I was getting into with Black Swan.

I agree. Better than Jumper. Dude didn't look like he was 15, neither did the "girls". Haven't read the book so I don't know how it compares. The shift stumbled into the theater after a few drinks and that was the only thing playing.

I was the only one sober...(sucks being designated driver all the time because I don't drink)