Graham

Thanks. Reno it is.

Just skimming the actual story text in this month's article, and the following VFs standout:

VF-1X++, VF-3000, VF-4, VF-9, VF-19

I won't be surprised if subsequent episodes feature those fighters. Looking forward to it.

Just now got the new Dengeki Hobby mag, and the new VF-1 is quite awesome. If anyone translates the specs on it, please put it up somewhere here. I also love the new characters.

Will get scans of the latest ep from the April issue of Dengek Hobby scanned and posted in the next few days. Would have done it a week ago, but been real busy.

Graham

Was wondering what's up, as you kinda disappeared from these parts. Glad that it's just normal busy life.

http://www.macrossroleplay.org/forums/index.php?topic=2667.msg41338#msg41338

Completed character, glossary (not sure I mentioned these two yet in this thread), and the two pages about the VF-1X++ (well, everything except the gnarly looking paragraph at the bottom about the construction of the kit.)

Only one page to go! (the VF-19A)

Also, in the first post on the same link: added translations of the stuff from and about the author.

KuWa has also updated his blog on Macross the Ride (posting link here as only Japanese literate people will find it): http://frameout.web.fc2.com/

There are a couple of interesting alternative views of the VF-1X++, as well as a pair of under-construction picts.

... and finished episode 4.

Some interesting tidbits in the VF-19A section. What I really like about Macross the Ride is that it ties together both Macross's past and future (MF, from the perspective of Macross the Ride).

• 2 weeks later...

Just checked the Dengeki Hobby HP: http://hobby.dengeki.com/hobby/index.html

picts of a VF-9!?! Fighter and GERWALK!!!

Also looks like there is going to be a YF-25 Prophecy, Kwadoran Roo, and a VF-4SL.

Call me officially blown away.

Reason for checking the website: to find out when the May issue is supposed to be released. It was supposed to be on bookshelves today (the 24th), but it wasn't at the local retailer. Website directs to Amazon.co.jp, which has an alert indicating that there are delays due to the earthquake/tsunami.

Just checked the Dengeki Hobby HP: http://hobby.dengeki.com/hobby/index.html

picts of a VF-9!?! Fighter and GERWALK!!!

Looks like Nicolas didn't make many external modifications to his VF-9 like Hakuna did to his VF-1. I do wonder what kind of engine he replaced the standard ones with.

Reason for checking the website: to find out when the May issue is supposed to be released. It was supposed to be on bookshelves today (the 24th), but it wasn't at the local retailer. Website directs to Amazon.co.jp, which has an alert indicating that there are delays due to the earthquake/tsunami.

The site also hasn't updated yet with Chapter 5 info either. No biggie. I expect some publications to be delayed after the devastation in the north.

That VF-4SL is nice. I've been fascinated by that configuration for years, ever since I first saw the sketch Kawamori did of it back when he designed the plane. Stripped off rocket boosters and beam cannons, with the tail moved down over the wing.

http://www.macross2.net/m3/flashback2012/vf-4/vf-4-la1.jpg

It's a big surprising that Shinsei isn't fielding an AVF themselves.

That VF-4SL is nice. I've been fascinated by that configuration for years, ever since I first saw the sketch Kawamori did of it back when he designed the plane. Stripped off rocket boosters and beam cannons, with the tail moved down over the wing.

http://www.macross2.net/m3/flashback2012/vf-4/vf-4-la1.jpg

Need pictures NOW!

Edited by charger69

This month is teh sex!

Article is approximately double the preceding 4 instalments.

2 full-colour pages YF-25 Prophecy Battroid.

2 full-colour pages Queadlunn-Rau

1 page bathing suit beauty collection & mechanic (Emigrant & Environment Ships)

1 page splash VF-9 vs VF-4SL

2 pages reintroducing the Vanquish Races (aka Macross the Ride Perfect Guide) - with photographs of VT-1C (unpainted), Regult (painted) AND VF-11 (2x, painted!)

2 full-colour pages VF-9E Cutlass fighter and GERWALK (sorry, no stats this month. I believe it's saying the engines are upgraded to those in the VF-22!!!)

1 full-colour page VF-4SL (Talos is correct. Atmospheric version stripped of the upper nacelles (no arms in battroid, nor rocket boosters)

Given the increased page count, it's safe to say that the sales blurb on the homepage is right - Macross the Ride IS very popular.

This is also followed by 3 pages on the 1/100 YF-29, 1/100 VF-25, 1/72 VF-25 Tornado Pack, and YF-29 DX Chougoukin.

Teh sex.

You haven't been reading my translations, have you? Oscar Brauhitsch's VF-19A is fielded by Shinsei.

It's implied that other manufacturers are fielded VFs in the races - the majority are doing so secretly. So, I wouldn't be surprised if a General Galaxy sponsored VF shows up sooner or later.

This month is teh sex!

Article is approximately double the preceding 4 installments.

2 full-colour pages YF-25 Prophecy Battroid.

2 full-colour pages Queadlunn-Rau

1 page bathing suit beauty collection & mechanic (Emigrant & Environment Ships)

1 page splash VF-9 vs VF-4SL

2 pages reintroducing the Vanquish Races (aka Macross the Ride Perfect Guide) - with photographs of VT-1C (unpainted), Regult (painted) AND VF-11 (2x, painted!)

2 full-colour pages VF-9E Cutlass fighter and GERWALK (sorry, no stats this month. I believe it's saying the engines are upgraded to those in the VF-22!!!)

1 full-colour page VF-4SL (Talos is correct. Atmospheric version stripped of the upper nacelles (no arms in battroid, nor rocket boosters)

You haven't been reading my translations, have you? Oscar Brauhitsch's VF-19A is fielded by Shinsei.

It's implied that other manufacturers are fielded VFs in the races - the majority are doing so secretly. So, I wouldn't be surprised if a General Galaxy sponsored VF shows up sooner or later.

You know, I did read your translation. I was typing at 4am and totally forgot about Oscar's. It's interesting that his plane is the same silver base color as the YF-19 they compared the VF-19EF to early on.

Hmm, I just noticed something else. The VF-4's tail is changed to the swept-back one Kawamori had on it when he did those old sketches. Not the straighter one the This is Animation: Macross Plus schematics had.

If I'm reading this right, the VF-4 is supposed to be pretty stealthy? Heh, VF-4 Light Clothing, or something along those lines.

I'm still hoping to see the scans from last time that Graham promised to put up. I'm planning on profiling all the Macross the Ride Valks and since I already have a finished regular VF-1, Hakuna's VF-1X++ won't be that hard to do. It's a good thing I redesigned my old VF-4 drawing (changing it to details from those old drawings, including the tail) and modded it so I could take off those parts. I can use that. :lol:

Please provide VF-4SL images for Protoculture's Sake!

http://hobby.dengeki.com/macross_r/index.html Scroll down, you'll see it.

Quicky translation of the specs.

Specifications

Model Number: VF-4SL

Type: Variable fighter

Affiliation: Richard Bilrar Transportation

Designer: Stonewell-Bellcom

Engine: Shinnakasu/P&W/Royce FF-2011 thermonuclear turbine engines

(maximum thrust in space 165KN × 2. 20% tuned increase)

P&W High Mobility verniers HMM-1A, Reverser thrust, 3D maneuvering nozzles

Maximum speed: M3.1+ (10,000 m altitude), M5.3+ (30,000 m altitude and above)

Armaments:

None

Defensive equipment:

A: SWGA energy conversion armor system

Edited by Talos

Please provide VF-4SL images for Protoculture's Sake!

Read my signature.

http://hobby.dengeki.com/macross_r/index.html Scroll down, you'll see it.

Gah!

(Falls off chair)

Now they're not even bothering to put the specs in the magazine?!

EDIT: the airframe explanations are also longer on the homepage then the magazine. They also differ after the first couple of lines. (off to translate the internet ones).

Edited by sketchley

I wish to discuss the new models with my fellow Macross modelers, not discuss novels, stats, story, characters, etc.

Uhm, you do realize that they are all kit-mods, kit-bashes or scratch builds, right?

Yes of course, but they are models. And that's not really the focus of this thread, so having a discussion on the techniques used, source models, etc would not really fit here, nor be interesting to the majority of Macross fandom who clearly do no build models but never the less enjoy the story and visuals.

Well, this is not the right place to petition the moderators and admins to reopen a thread. Try the member feedback section, and maybe they'll transfer our last couple of posts to the thread you want reopened, too.

Some things i don't understand, does this mean YF-25 is participating in the race?

All this time i thought VF-19ACTIVE is the one being used for EX-Gear development, but then came up YF-25 already equipped with EX-Gear.

Or perhaps the EX-Gear in YF-25 is still being perfected, hence the name control test?

Just wondering.

Some things i don't understand, does this mean YF-25 is participating in the race?

I haven't exactly been keeping up with it (since my copies haven't arrived yet and the blasted plugin doesn't like my system's security setup), but I would imagine the YF-25 probably isn't participating in the race... they also mention military-service Valkyries and NUN Spacy special forces in the descriptions for other fighters (VF-19EF), so I would assume that the YF-25 is probably filling the role it's been described in in the past... that of a test machine-turned-EX-Gear training plane. At the very least, according to the timeline the YF-25 ought to have had its first flight the year before.

Edited by Seto Kaiba