Which macross toy line have you completed?

arrow

30 members have voted

1. 1. which macross toy line have you completed?

• Yamato 1/60 Macross Plus
    • Yamato 1/60 Macross Zero
    • Yamato 1/60 SDF Macross V2
    • Yamato 1/60 DYRL Macross V2
    • Bandai 1/60 DX Macross Frontier

No 1/60 GBP, or VF-25S armoured? And you call that a collection.....

j/k, that is an astounding collection and it looks like minus Max and Milia, none of your valks wear FAST packs.

I on the other hand am a sucker for fast packs (even the silly Mac plus ones, though the fold booster is cool)

I have a small home so I needed to dig most of them from boxes, so I didn't have time to dress them up, except for 1/48 M&M, who come with the FAST packs on. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Given how the Mac+ line only has 3 planes, that one's kind of a no-brainer to finish. :)

True but with the cost of each piece it can be a real hard choice. . .

Food or Macross :unsure:

Fight with wife or Macross :unsure:

Pay rent/mortgage or Macross :unsure:

:lol::lol: :lol:

I speak from experience.

I have gone hungry for Macross.

I have slept on the couch for Macross.

And YES, I paid the rent late for Macross. . . .

But my fellow fanatics it was all worth it. . . . . :D :D :D

Edited by DARKWIND

True but with the cost of each piece it can be a real hard choice. . .

Food or Macross :unsure:

Fight with wife or Macross :unsure:

Pay rent/mortgage or Macross :unsure:

:lol::lol: :lol:

I speak from experience.

I have gone hungry for Macross.

I have slept on the couch for Macross.

And YES, I paid the rent late for Macross. . . .

But my fellow fanatics it was all worth it. . . . . :D :D :D

Wow really? I love Macross but they're just toys, I'm down to 5 valks now and I'm selling two on ebay as we speak because I'm broadening my collection to more than just the same valkyrie over and over in different sizes and colors. That said I HAD finished the Mac Zero line until now, I'm selling my Nora and CF SV-51's and keeping Ivanov, aka my favorite valk ever! I know the Mac+ line is small but I hate pretty much all of their designs except for the 11B, the 11C just isn't attractive to me, and the pilot looks really dumb.

Given how the Mac+ line only has 3 planes, that one's kind of a no-brainer to finish. :)

I think it has 4. The 3 VF-22S, and the VF-11C. They still need to come out with the VF-19 and the Nightmare, and all the variations of.

Unless you were referring not to the variations, but the actual valks. Then yes, there were only four Valks used in Macross 7: the VF-22, the VF-19, the VF-11C and the Stealth. I feel like I'm missing one...

Wow really? I love Macross but they're just toys, I'm down to 5 valks now and I'm selling two on ebay as we speak because I'm broadening my collection to more than just the same valkyrie over and over in different sizes and colors. That said I HAD finished the Mac Zero line until now, I'm selling my Nora and CF SV-51's and keeping Ivanov, aka my favorite valk ever! I know the Mac+ line is small but I hate pretty much all of their designs except for the 11B, the 11C just isn't attractive to me, and the pilot looks really dumb.

Now hold on,

Yes I have done all of the aforementioned things, but I am still a realist.

And its only fair to give in to the greater good. . . ;)

Anyone who's been coming to this site for as long as I have can tell you I was in the Navy stationed in Japan.

Back then I had way more disposable income, with COLA helping out.

And after serving and returning to the states money is just plain tighter.

But my resposiblites always come first.

My hobbies and passions come a close second.

Over the years I've had to streamline/focus my collecting into select pieces or toylines that I truly want/like/love. :wacko:

With that said sure I've had to defend my purchase of toys over the third or fourth vacuum in two years (kids, made them buy the new one).

But if you don't treat yourself sometimes you get overlooked. ^_^

So I dont go to McDs or Bk to buy a valk, big deal.

If my wife wants another set of antiques to sell, let her sell the stuff we still have piled up in the garage.

And if the landlord, (who still hasn't fixed the garbage disposal in the last year) wants to gripe let her, she'll get the late charge too.

But I, (like I'm sure we all do) work very hard to keep all my ducks in a row.

And this is my hobby/reward for doing so day in, day out. :lol:

Now hold on,

Yes I have done all of the aforementioned things, but I am still a realist.

And its only fair to give in to the greater good. . . ;)

Anyone who's been coming to this site for as long as I have can tell you I was in the Navy stationed in Japan.

Back then I had way more disposable income, with COLA helping out.

And after serving and returning to the states money is just plain tighter.

But my resposiblites always come first.

My hobbies and passions come a close second.

Over the years I've had to streamline/focus my collecting into select pieces or toylines that I truly want/like/love. :wacko:

With that said sure I've had to defend my purchase of toys over the third or fourth vacuum in two years (kids, made them buy the new one).

But if you don't treat yourself sometimes you get overlooked. ^_^

So I dont go to McDs or Bk to buy a valk, big deal.

If my wife wants another set of antiques to sell, let her sell the stuff we still have piled up in the garage.

And if the landlord, (who still hasn't fixed the garbage disposal in the last year) wants to gripe let her, she'll get the late charge too.

But I, (like I'm sure we all do) work very hard to keep all my ducks in a row.

And this is my hobby/reward for doing so day in, day out. :lol:

Having kids and these expensive toys seems quite dangerous I really don't know how you people do it.

I think it has 4. The 3 VF-22S, and the VF-11C. They still need to come out with the VF-19 and the Nightmare, and all the variations of.

Unless you were referring not to the variations, but the actual valks. Then yes, there were only four Valks used in Macross 7: the VF-22, the VF-19, the VF-11C and the Stealth. I feel like I'm missing one...

Um, I think he said Mac+, aka Macross Plus. Not Macross 7. Macross Plus only has 3 (YF-19, YF-21, VF-11B.) Then again, technically there's four if you count a probably-never-to-be-produced Ghost X9.

Having kids and these expensive toys seems quite dangerous I really don't know how you people do it.

Well I have both and ever since they could talk they understood the difference between "Dad's toys" and "Their" toys.

Daddy's toys are in his room and on his shelves, locked up and put away.

Their toys are in their rooms and in the floor and only in their room.

And for the better part of 14 years I have had only one mishap with my stuff but never anything Macross.

When my girls were about 3 or 4, one of their playmates decided he wanted some of the Hot Wheels I'd been collecting.

He took them when nobody was watching him, but when I got home that afternoon I got THAT feeling.

The one where you look around a room and something is just out of place.

When my oldest and my wife found out about it they went over and got them back, and my daughter yelled at the boy for taking them.

Since then whenever kids come over my oldest watches out for my stuff and keeps kids away from it all.

Even the stuff/collections in the garage.

Ya just gotta teach them respect, and how much you value your stuff, now their stuff is another story. :p

It also helps to put a lock on your door and teach them early.

Um, I think he said Mac+, aka Macross Plus. Not Macross 7. Macross Plus only has 3 (YF-19, YF-21, VF-11B.) Then again, technically there's four if you count a probably-never-to-be-produced Ghost X9.

actually it would be 5. The VF-17 shows up on screen for about 3 seconds, so you'll need to pick one of those up too. :p

mplusmovie-vf17.png

actually it would be 5. The VF-17 shows up on screen for about 3 seconds, so you'll need to pick one of those up too. :p

mplusmovie-vf17.png

Well, I guess that means I'll be waiting for that eventual VF-17 that may or may not come after Yamato's done with the Mac7 VF-19's. The completionist in me demands that I possess at least one variant of every Valk ever designed.

Don't forget the vf-1j; so, 6.

Huh?! Where? I can safely say I've watched the movie edition of MacPlus for over 50 times since I bought the anime, and I don't recall any VF-1J's making an appearance.

In the 3-part version, maybe? I watched it on Youtube, but didn't notice one, either.

• 2 weeks later...