Star Wars Saga gets 3D Love in 2012

Zor Primus

I don't want to Poo-poo the "Sidious or Plaegus is Anakin's father" theory too much 'cause I like it but that scene shows Sidious lying to Anakin so it's not very solid evidence. Remember later in the movie Anakin's like "Sweet, I'm evil, you implied I could save people from dying, let's do this!" and Sidious is like "Oh, about that... maybe we'll get there some day." He's just feeding Anakin old wive's tales to convince Anakin to join the dark side.

He did say whatever he needed to say to get things his way. He is a politician afterall. :lol: However while I agree somewhat here, I do think he had the ability to prolong life. I think that the force lightning being reflected back at him revealed his true age and image. It didn't actually burn him. I mean, Luke was getting lit up like like a firecracker in Jedi, and didn't show any scarring. Nor did Mace when he was getting lit up during the "Power" speech. However, Palpatine's image was changing pretty quickly. One thing about the prequels, practically everything that happened, Palpatine wanted to happen, except Vader's defeat on Mustafar. From what I took of that, Palpatine was taking the next step in taking over the senate, making it appear as if a Jedi assassination attempt left him scarred, when in reality he did it himself.

Luke may have not directly given the killer blow but he certainly messed up Vader beyond economical repair, on hand missing and life support a bit messed up wheezing and stuff, Palpatine was just an accessory to the fact.

Either way the whole saga just ends there as next scenes are all just the teddy bears picnic and who ho !!! lets party etc.

Vader wasn't beyond repair, he had only lost part of an arm that was already lost even before Mustafar. The irony that it was the same wound as Luke's was a nice touch.

Palps Lightning fried his entire life support and that was the killing blow.

YUB! YUB!

Edited by Zor Primus

Vader wasn't beyond repair, he had only lost part of an arm that was already lost even before Mustafar. The irony that it was the same wound as Luke's was a nice touch.

Yeah, that was always the point of that wound, but it was done *very* well I thought. You know, a lot of people love to slag off at ROTJ for the Ewoks and such, but if you keep your eye's shut during the Endor scene's and just watch the rest of the film, its *really* good.

Palps Lightning fried his entire life support and that was the killing blow.

Yeah, they made it much more explicit in the novelisation that those last few bolts were frying his whole body, going into his heart and destroying it.

Yeah, that was always the point of that wound, but it was done *very* well I thought. You know, a lot of people love to slag off at ROTJ for the Ewoks and such, but if you keep your eye's shut during the Endor scene's and just watch the rest of the film, its *really* good.

No, the film was *really* bad - the single most important thing in that movie was Palp (love that shorthand btw) trying to turn Luke, but it was handled so terribly it was laughable. That plus the lightsaber fighting was atrocious. The only reason it is not the worst film in the franchise is Episode 1 and 2 came later...

No, the film was *really* bad - the single most important thing in that movie was Palp (love that shorthand btw) trying to turn Luke, but it was handled so terribly it was laughable. That plus the lightsaber fighting was atrocious. The only reason it is not the worst film in the franchise is Episode 1 and 2 came later...

"You, like your father, are now.....MINE!!"

I did enjoy the film. Certainly the least out of the original trilogy, but still pretty good.

I love the darkness of it, even goody-two-shoes Kenobi is finally revealed to be a big fat liar.

Yoda's double standard as well (even though we couldn't truly appreciate it until the prequel trilogy was made), pretty much mindf*cking with Luke telling him to go and fight Vader otherwise he is a failure, when Yoda himself had run away like a little bitch from Palpatine.

Also the way that Luke proved Kenobi and Yoda wrong when he turned Vader back from the dark side. What did they know??

I don't want to Poo-poo the "Sidious or Plaegus is Anakin's father" theory too much 'cause I like it but that scene shows Sidious lying to Anakin so it's not very solid evidence. Remember later in the movie Anakin's like "Sweet, I'm evil, you implied I could save people from dying, let's do this!" and Sidious is like "Oh, about that... maybe we'll get there some day." He's just feeding Anakin old wive's tales to convince Anakin to join the dark side.

That's just it. Sidious told Anakin things that were completely unnecessary. If he were just trying to woo him with power, he could have easily handed him a magic Sith bean to feed to Padme. Anakin was a Jedi however, and the reason he trusted Sidious was because there was a fair bit of truth in everything he was saying. The Jedi were weak (due to Darkside clouding), the Jedi did fear Anakin's power (bad call on cock-blocking his promotion to Jedi Master, they should have known Anakin well enough to know how he'd react, regardless of it being a forced move by Palp), etc.

As for Yoda & Obi-Wan, their lies to Luke were because of their lightside shortsidedness. They were refusing to see what would have guided Anakin on the proper path, and what eventually guided Luke on the proper path. You've gotta be a little bit light & dark to keep the force in balance.

Has anyone else watched the Mr. Plinkett reviews of the Sar Wars prequels?

He finishes the trilogy with his review of REVENGE OF THE STIH

http://www.redlettermedia.com/

"Its like going to your daughters graduation"

Yeah right. Like that nerd is ever going to get the chance to procreate. Boring review, stupid voice, can't sit through it. Would rather listen to Fran Dresher.

"Its like going to your daughters graduation"

Yeah right. Like that nerd is ever going to get the chance to procreate. Boring review, stupid voice, can't sit through it. Would rather listen to Fran Dresher.

Obviously, you've never suffocated a hooker that was trying to escape from your crawlspace before.

(I recommend spraying six cans of Raid in there. You need to go with the "Fast-Kill, Low-Irritant" kind. It's in the blue bottle. It works the best.)

Obviously, you've never suffocated a hooker that was trying to escape from your crawlspace before.

(I recommend spraying six cans of Raid in there. You need to go with the "Fast-Kill, Low-Irritant" kind. It's in the blue bottle. It works the best.)

:blink: ....

I'm not sure what I'm missing here... I'm not sure if I want to know either.

Also the way that Luke proved Kenobi and Yoda wrong when he turned Vader back from the dark side. What did they know??

Here's a little Force mysticism for you to think about. When Padme was about to go, Obi-wan had Luke in his arms when he leaned close to hear her say, "There is good in him, still..." Could his mom's last words been buried in his sub-conciousness? Force knows!

• 2 months later...

No they are widescreen. Just not a true out and out transfer or rather not the best tranfser of the theatrical release of the original films. But it's better than nothing.

well more specifically they are non-anomorphic transfers that do not look good on widescreen TVs. I got the definitive LDs yesterday. Very happy, love that LD smoothness as well.

by the way I hope the world ends in 2012 as predicted just so I dont have to experience 3D star wars.

Edited by Peabody

While I don't believe I'll ever watch/pick up SW in 3D, I'm not going to hate on it either. Hopefully they'll go for the subtle layered 3D effect. And not the crazy sh!t jumping out at you for no reason type of 3D.

Hopefully they'll go for the subtle layered 3D effect. And not the crazy sh!t jumping out at you for no reason type of 3D.

Go watch the "Jedi Rocks" song in SE ROTJ again and tell me it will be anything less than the most extremely gimmicky jumping-at-you 3D of all time.

Go watch the "Jedi Rocks" song in SE ROTJ again and tell me it will be anything less than the most extremely gimmicky jumping-at-you 3D of all time.

Hmm, haivng Jango's head fly at the screen would "almost" make up for that. Now that I think about it, Lucas should go crazy with the flying limbs. Luke's hand, Anakin's hand, Duku's head. All limbs should have new 3D shots added where they fly at the screen!

Edited by Keith