Bandai 1/72 Macross F kits

bullet101

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there had been any update to these? Last thing i saw was that the horrible Tornado pack version was coming out but after that nothing.

So anyone know any news? Any chance of a VF-171?

thanks

Hi bullet.

From what little I know, I think it's been pretty quiet on the Macross F kit front for some time. A VF-171 would be awesome, but knowing Bandai, they likely won't touch it.

What I'd love to see is a redesigned kit with legs that lock somehow in fighter mode! I know the VF-27 does, and the armored 25 models do, so why can't the revisit the standard and super pack versions and do something about the legs? /end rant...

What I'd love to see is a redesigned kit with legs that lock somehow in fighter mode! I know the VF-27 does, and the armored 25 models do, so why can't the revisit the standard and super pack versions and do something about the legs? /end rant...

Indeed, fans of the VF-25 are just screwed, they improved the design on the VF-27, leaving us out in the cold. They REALLY screwed us on the 1/60 version too, but that's a topic for the other forum.... :rolleyes:

-Kyp

• 3 weeks later...

4849280131_9fb30ca47d.jpg

4852665630_e5a41ec1c9.jpg

4852665718_bb8a909b9b.jpg

* 3-mode transformation gimmick.

* Strength of the wing parts is revised with the increased weight

* Point 1: Can reproduce the forms of atmospheric and outer space flights.

* Point 2: Missile pod for the engine pod can rotate, large missile pod under the wing can be detached, hatches can be opened

* Point 3: Power capacitor cooling unit can be shown expanded via part-swapping

* Point 4: Swivel-type twin beam cannon's hatches can be opened. Cannon can move to the front and back, base can rotate to the left and right.

* Weapons and accesories: Gunpod, Knife, shield, Tornado pack parts, large missile pod for under the wing x2, missile pod for the engine pod x4

* 14 runners in total. Comes with water slide decal x2, color seal, metal shaft x5.

October release, 8,190 Yen (inclusive of tax).

anybody else thinks it is frightening how they keep on adding weight to that backplate supported by two insignificant hinges? I guess the Tornado has some extra bits like the Armored version...I should shut up anyway, only built the first plain Alto and the rest of the Skull Squad is tucked in boxes somewhere.

I haven't seen the movie yet, so I haven't seen the tornado pack in action so no love for it yet

but that thing is disgustingly ugly!!! looks like a purple turtle humping a goose

Would've been better for them to copy the SAP cannon from Macross II VF-2S, now that thing was sleek

Guest sh002

damn i would buy a vf-171 if they made one. hopefully a toy is made and then a model kit. i wouldn't mind if bandai made a 1/72 vf-2ss as well.