The Post Your Desktop thread

@Noriko Takaya: Ranka + Girl's High as your avatar?

Awesome login screen you got there :)

Thank you.

If anyone wants to change their login screen, here's a little program from Stardock called Bootskin, best if using XP to Vista.

For Windows 7 users, here are the instructions: http://www.withinwin...-customization/, Here are the images that I used for login. The wallpaper is at 1440 x 900.

post-416-127749711133_thumb.jpg post-416-127749709609_thumb.gif

To change the icon for your login, just click your icon in the taskbar, and click the link to change your picture, locate your icon and click apply, ok, done.

Switched to another Luka Wallpaper for now. Nabbed it from the Vocalogenesis site if anyone's curious.

Ranka Lee as an avatar, but I'm not sure what Girl's High is. At least not yet...

that's getting parodied alot.

And here's a

just for the hell of it, since I think each character are so well drawn. :)

Nice... Can we have a clean version to download? Thank you.

I can provide that~

Although it's gonna be a huge 5000x2508 image.

http://moe.imouto.org/post/show/38158

iqdb.org is very useful for looking up an anime-related image source, like someone's wallpaper :). Just be wary that you may have to wade through NSFW images since it cross-references Danbooru, Gelbooru, Sankaku Channel, etc.

Edited by shiroikaze

I can provide that~

Although it's gonna be a huge 5000x2508 image.

http://moe.imouto.org/post/show/38158

iqdb.org is very useful for looking up an anime-related image source, like someone's wallpaper :). Just be wary that you may have to wade through NSFW images since it cross-references Danbooru, Gelbooru, Sankaku Channel, etc.

Thank you very much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Mine again. I keep a folder of images (about 40 and growing) that I rotate pretty regularly. Most are Sci-Fi related in some way, but there is the smattering of hot women, modern tanks and guns and some WW2 stuff as well.

post-10398-128559436565_thumb.png

Here's a tutorial on how PC users can make a pretty sweet desktop. Mac user here, so Rainmeter does not work for me.

post-10398-128559508115_thumb.jpg

Edited by ultimateone

Mine again. I keep a folder of images (about 40 and growing) that I rotate pretty regularly. Most are Sci-Fi related in some way, but there is the smattering of hot women, modern tanks and guns and some WW2 stuff as well.

post-10398-128559436565_thumb.png

can you post the original version of this please?

Edited by anime52k8

Thanks for those wallpaper postings... especially with the 'bluevision' (updated version) desktop layout.

However, kept mine simple with this.

post-416-128579165731_thumb.jpg

okay, that got my attention.

are those gadgets/widgets? how does one go about getting/installing them? and is there a way to skin W7 itself?

really like the borderless/minimalist/transparent look. but i'll probably opt for a plainer abstract background.

thanks

okay, that got my attention.

are those gadgets/widgets? how does one go about getting/installing them? and is there a way to skin W7 itself?

really like the borderless/minimalist/transparent look. but i'll probably opt for a plainer abstract background.

thanks

Here's my previous post to install the theme.

http://www.macrosswo...ndpost&p=857632

The new 'Bluevision' theme is also available to download, http://g3xter.devian...Alpha-162478234. Download link for the theme will be at the right column of the site.

1. Install Winamp and Speedfan.
  2. For Winamp to launch minimized, just uncheck everything for winamp.
    post-416-128585770142_thumb.jpg
  3. For speedfan, right click the shortcut and choose 'properties', choose 'minimized' in the pulldown next to the 'run' label.
    post-416-128585768256_thumb.jpg
  4. Download and install Rainmeter http://rainmeter.net/RainCMS/. Close Rainmeter after launch.
  5. Download the 'Bluevision' theme (see link above), extract the rar file, and double click the extracted file to install the 'Bluevision' theme.
  6. Type MSConfig in the 'run' box located in the start menu, and ensure that Speedfan, Winamp agent, and Rainmeter runs at startup. If you don't see Speedfan and Rainmeter in the startup list, you will need to insert their shortcuts, into the 'startup' folder located in your 'start menu' list.

Edited by Dangaioh

You're welcome Major Focker,

Once you have the 'Rainmeter' icon (looks like a rain drop) on the taskbar below and the 'Bluevision' installed.

1. Right click the 'Rainmeter' icon below.
  2. Mouse over to 'Configs'.
  3. Mouse over to 'BlueVision'.
  4. Mouse over to the first desktop theme piece you wish to load. For this example, I chose 'Shutdown Control'.
  5. Chose 'Shutdown Control'.
  6. You will need to repeat step 1 through 5 to continue adding additional theme pieces. You can also view the same menu within the themes on your desktop.
    post-416-128587212646_thumb.jpg

1. If you don't want a particular theme piece. Just right click the theme piece.
  2. Mouse over to 'Skin menu'.
  3. Click 'close skin'.

Edited by Dangaioh

• 2 weeks later...

Well... since we have some really great desktops and logins, how about a screensaver to go with it.

edit: I did not post the video, just linked it... btw, there are links to the screensaver in the information box.

Edited by Dangaioh

• 9 months later...