Yamato 1/60 VF-X

nexxstrait

exactly what i was thinking... if these were the colors used for the low-vis 1S, i would've been all over that.

too bad it's another f'n exclusive... i'm gonna need to psych myself up to spend whatever will be the final price tag for this sweet looking bird. goodbye 1/60 Angel Bird, hello VF-X.

I preordered it already last night. Amen.

So, how does a guy in The States go about getting one of these?

Sometimes (often?) one of the members on here that is located in Japan or has contacts in that country will organize a 'group buy' for exclusives.

Usually involves a down payment and then waiting a long time for it to come. Oh and it will obviously be much more expensive than the standard VF-1. I believe the VF-1A Angel Birds is expected to run around $200+ for example.

Don't know what impact this being a magazine exclusive instead of a webshop exclusive will have...maybe make a group buy impossible? I'm sure as the time gets closer we'll get more info on that possibility.

For my part, I'll sit and hope that there will be a group buy, because this thing is beautiful.

The VF-X toy cannot be more expensive than a transformable VF, because it is transformable. :p

The VF-X is non-transformable, but the VF-X toy is not really a VF-X.

It may not be anime accurate, but I like the idea.

13_l.jpg

15_l.jpg

16_l.jpg

17_l.jpg

18_l.jpg

19_l.jpg

20_l.jpg

21.jpg

Definite pass for me. The bottom plate looks aweful. It should have remained non-transformable to retain a sleek lineart underbelly. The VF-X was never ment to transform.

Are the vents on the back-plate and fuselage going to remain as stickers?

Well, at least they did provide a new re-paint ala low viz.

<_<

Definite pass for me. The bottom plate looks aweful. It should have remained non-transformable to retain a sleek lineart underbelly. The VF-X was never ment to transform.

Are the vents on the back-plate and fuselage going to remain as stickers?

Well, at least they did provide a new re-paint ala low viz.

<_<

The bottom plate looks ok for what Yamato is doing now by adding parts to make it a VF-X variant and yet remaing the capability to transform even though it's not accurate. It pleases the fans though.

The bottom plate doesn't looks gracefully extend from the head area to the tails because the entire arms are there. If they remove the arms, and redo another bottom plate then it will be gracefully extend from head to tail.

The bottom plate looks ok for what Yamato is doing now by adding parts to make it a VF-X variant and yet remaing the capability to transform even though it's not accurate. It pleases the fans though.

The bottom plate doesn't looks gracefully extend from the head area to the tails because the entire arms are there. If they remove the arms, and redo another bottom plate then it will be gracefully extend from head to tail.

[insert standard, tired and lame detractors comment about how Yamato sucks and if you wait long enough, the arms will remove themselves.]

[insert standard, tired and lame detractors comment about how Yamato sucks and if you wait long enough, the arms will remove themselves.]

oh yeah, if they did remove the arms and redo another bottom plate so it wont look so fat and thick, the have it fixed non-trasnformable, then you don't have to worry about shoulder crack problem. ^_^

Anyway, this babe is still in my list, nonetheless. Looking forward a group buy or something like that.

Edited by Vi-RS

okay, my friend came through. I have 3 left in UN Spacy is in but I need to know right away who is interested as the production run is very small and it's first come first serve

price will be 12,340 yen (1000 for shipping to my friend) plus a 15% cut for his services and the 4% paypal cut plus whatever shipping to me costs.

Edited by eugimon

okay, my friend came through. I have 3 left in UN Spacy is in but I need to know right away who is interested as the production run is very small and it's first come first serve

price will be 12,340 yen (1000 for shipping to my friend) plus a 15% cut for his services and the 4% paypal cut plus whatever shipping to me costs.

you got pm.

Make that 2 pm's.

Edited by Old Man

Did I make the cut???

yeah. I thought I replied back to you but guess not.

old man

vi-rs x2

un spacy

me

edit: and remember guys, there's only 1000 produced, my friend is going to send the card in on monday (post is closed on saturday) so hopefully we make the cut but there's a chance we won't.

Edited by eugimon