What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v3.0

wolfx

Guys, get ready... this fall we will be amazed and wow'd by the spiritual successor and sequel of Evangelion and Gurren Lagan. GAINAX PRESENTS ....

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt

Wait what? ....

NSFW description ahead, thus censored:

GAINAX is changing the way we perceive angels sent down from heaven to vanquish evil ghosts. Instead of your typical divine beings, Daten City is sent the Pansuto sisters (short for panty stocking), who happen to be two reject fallen angels. The blond-haired Panty (Ogasawara Arisa) gives off a refined celebrity-like feel with her beauty, but in reality is a sex-crazed slurm. Her younger sister Stocking (Ise Mariya) is as cute as a doll with her long brown hair and gothic outfit, except when she opens her mouth and only foul and vulgar language can be heard. (I know, her hair looks black/purple to me too.) Neither are what they seem and not the least bit interested in doing the job they’ve been sent down to do, but prove to be a surprisingly powerful combination when they do. Using their angelic powers, the deadly duo transforms their panties and stockings into a gun and dual swords to dispatch ghosts before getting back to seeking out men and blogging about sweets respectively. The only one keeping them in check is a suspicious-looking priest with a ridiculous-sized afro, Garterbelt

Source: http://randomc.net/2010/09/20/fall-2010-preview/

.... :blink:

Oh anime, how far has thee fallen lolz.

Note: I will probably be watching this show.

Edited by Ghost Train

I finally watched the HOTD season ender. AWESOME series. I am loving the show's treatment of the zombie apocalypse. I can't wait for season 2.

Looking back at the whole season, I got a kick out of Shaun's cameo appearance, and the reference to his name in the gas station.

p.s. so... episode 9... did they or didn't they? ;)

Guys, get ready... this fall we will be amazed and wow'd by the spiritual successor and sequel of Evangelion and Gurren Lagan. GAINAX PRESENTS ....

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt

Wait what? ....

NSFW description ahead, thus censored:

GAINAX is changing the way we perceive angels sent down from heaven to vanquish evil ghosts. Instead of your typical divine beings, Daten City is sent the Pansuto sisters (short for panty stocking), who happen to be two reject fallen angels. The blond-haired Panty (Ogasawara Arisa) gives off a refined celebrity-like feel with her beauty, but in reality is a sex-crazed slurm. Her younger sister Stocking (Ise Mariya) is as cute as a doll with her long brown hair and gothic outfit, except when she opens her mouth and only foul and vulgar language can be heard. (I know, her hair looks black/purple to me too.) Neither are what they seem and not the least bit interested in doing the job they've been sent down to do, but prove to be a surprisingly powerful combination when they do. Using their angelic powers, the deadly duo transforms their panties and stockings into a gun and dual swords to dispatch ghosts before getting back to seeking out men and blogging about sweets respectively. The only one keeping them in check is a suspicious-looking priest with a ridiculous-sized afro, Garterbelt

Source: http://randomc.net/2...l-2010-preview/

.... :blink:

Oh anime, how far has thee fallen lolz.

Note: I will probably be watching this show.

Gainax is taking fanservice to a whole new level with this one!

Wondering if it'll have the same visual style as FLCL.

I finally watched the HOTD season ender. AWESOME series. I am loving the show's treatment of the zombie apocalypse. I can't wait for season 2.

Looking back at the whole season, I got a kick out of Shaun's cameo appearance, and the reference to his name in the gas station.

p.s. so... episode 9... did they or didn't they? ;)

In the manga nothing happened at the temple. They didn't even kiss, which it's quite clear they did in the anime. So it all really depends in which way they wanna take it for season 2. I'm actually seeing a lot of parallels with Love Hina in the way they're building up the love triangle bit of the series. Saeko is Motoko Aoyama, the proud warrior who will ultimately not get the guy she likes because he (Keitaro/Takashi) made a promise to a girl he likes ages ago (Naru/Rei). Rei's character design even reminds of Naru Narusegawa. I hope I'm wrong and the directors make their own story out of it.

In any case my favourite bit is still Hirano going absolutely Otaku over any piece of weaponry that comes his way.

In the manga nothing happened at the temple. They didn't even kiss, which it's quite clear they did in the anime. So it all really depends in which way they wanna take it for season 2. I'm actually seeing a lot of parallels with Love Hina in the way they're building up the love triangle bit of the series. Saeko is Motoko Aoyama, the proud warrior who will ultimately not get the guy she likes because he (Keitaro/Takashi) made a promise to a girl he likes ages ago (Naru/Rei). Rei's character design even reminds of Naru Narusegawa. I hope I'm wrong and the directors make their own story out of it.

In any case my favourite bit is still Hirano going absolutely Otaku over any piece of weaponry that comes his way.

Hirano rocks!

Well, in that case, I like the anime version of that scene better. makes for better drama.

On another note, I just finished watching Gantz (ok, no "did they or didn't they" questions there, huh?). It's the weirdest thing... the action is slow and frustrating, the characters are completely annoying and over-dramatic, and the story itself doesn't give much of a purpose... but I couldn't stop watching. it was like a train wreck I couldn't take my eyes off. So yeah, by all accounts, it's not something I should have liked, but I liked it.

Except for that pointless ending arc. Now I should start reading the manga to at least have an idea what the frack was going on.

Hirano rocks!

Except for that pointless ending arc. Now I should start reading the manga to at least have an idea what the frack was going on.

Good luck with that one!

They're up to chapter 300 and something and one is still not very clear what the hell Gantz is. The eye candy is still awesome though!

Just started watching Dulalala. Seems to be a supernatural type show. It is a bit interesting, but I will watch a few more episodes to see where things lead to.

If you don't like the 1st few eps, try to get through until ep4. For me, it picks up by then.

Panty & Stocking is amazing. <3

I really wasn't expecting it to be so dirty, i mean the fact that Panty slept with more then three guys aside :p, the dialogue is just so sex related. It makes for a very entertaining watch though, especially with the awesome animation and score.

Best scene by far was that 'transformation' scene. Wow that was so damn erotic and hot. I wouldn't mind seeing that scene again in a later episode.

Expectations were met. This show is a keeper.

Fall 2010 doesn't have much to offer me. Will check out the new Bones show Star Driver.

Found the first episode of Panty & Stocking disappointing. It's pretty much a Japanese version of Ren and Stimpy: The lost episodes meets Powerpuff girls, nothing new here.

Edited by Bri

Found the first episode of Panty & Stocking disappointing. It's pretty much a Japanese version of Ren and Stimpy: The lost episodes meets Powderpuff girls, nothing new here.

I wasn't even going to give it a look till you compared it with Ren and Stimpy!

Currently watchin Gundam 00 Season 2 on SciFi.

Soon as the streaming PC room is fixed up I'll be watching FMA:B

Panty, Stocking & Garterbelt is the crowning achievement of anime in the 21st century. Not since I've read Atlas Shrugged, has a work made me question the intricate relationships between man, society, and fecal matter.

Panty and Stocking will finally bridge the cultural gap between the U.S. & Japan, and usher in the future foretold in "Timetrax" where we are one great nation with anime for all!

Star Driver's first episode was pretty impressive. Nice art and animation but have to wonder what kind of drugs these guys are on...I have no idea what this episode was all about :blink:

Star Driver's first episode was pretty impressive. Nice art and animation but have to wonder what kind of drugs these guys are on...I have no idea what this episode was all about :blink:

Yeah the plot is pretty mysterious at this stage, though there's some great build up with the terms and such in the second half of the episode.

Edited by shiroth

Just saw a trailer for the Iron Man anime, which I understand has already been aired in Japan this month. I see Funkenstein has already seen it, but this is actually the first I've heard of this "Marvel Anime" 4-series project. Anyway, here's the trailer I saw (not sure if it's been posted prior):

Iron Man Anime Trailer

Looks very visually impressive, just hope the rest measures up.

New season watched:

OreImo: Looks fun and funny.....challenging the "little sister love" genre even. I'm in for the ride. :D

Panty and Stocking: Not so sure about this but I think i'm in for the ride as well just for the sheer kickass-ness. If i had to describe it, i'll say its like powerpuff girls + family guy.....kinda.

Stardriver: Funky...bohemian? Ginga Bishounen? Errrr...... animation is pretty top notch but looks like some guy had "too much" creative freedom for this. This could be the next Gurren lagann or it might be the next Gravion. Will stay for another few eps.

and some insight into stardriver:

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/328/stardriveritw.jpg

Edited by wolfx

Saw garter striper panty hentai belts whatever

The dumbest thing on anime!

Then saw Iron Man

and it went boom bam blur blurrier blurriest and it was over whhhhhhaaaaa happpenn

Then I watched Star Driver

and WTF and it was over.

Like hollywood it seems anime is really now just stretching the limits

Saw garter striper panty hentai belts whatever

The dumbest thing on anime!

Then saw Iron Man

and it went boom bam blur blurrier blurriest and it was over whhhhhhaaaaa happpenn

Then I watched Star Driver

and WTF and it was over.

Like hollywood it seems anime is really now just stretching the limits

Just different types of limits. Animu challenges morality, American TV challenges I.Q.

Finished watched the UBW film not long ago. Pretty good overall apart from the pretty awful pacing problems, though it's what you expect when the whole story is forced into 1 hour and 45 minutes. At least the stunning animation delivered, along with the great Kenji Kawai score.

& Lancer, of course. :3

I'm finally done with Darker than Black and I have to say that although I liked it (specially towards the end) I kinda expected more. The pacing is a bit off every now and again and I can' help but thinking that they could have made it into a 12,13 episode series. And it's the first Yoko Kanno o.s.t that doesn't do anything for me (goes to show that everyone can have a slow day at the office). Otherwise good overall story and I liked the character designs.

The ending leaves me with as many questions as answers though.

Anyone seen the 2nd season? Is it worth picking up?

I'm finally done with Darker than Black and I have to say that although I liked it (specially towards the end) I kinda expected more. The pacing is a bit off every now and again and I can' help but thinking that they could have made it into a 12,13 episode series. And it's the first Yoko Kanno o.s.t that doesn't do anything for me (goes to show that everyone can have a slow day at the office). Otherwise good overall story and I liked the character designs.

The ending leaves me with as many questions as answers though.

Anyone seen the 2nd season? Is it worth picking up?

I personally liked it... up until the ending. Although I heard that alot of people were disappointed, I say give the second season and the 3-part OVA a try.

I personally liked it... up until the ending. Although I heard that alot of people were disappointed, I say give the second season and the 3-part OVA a try.

Thanks. I'll put in the "to see list" and give it a go at a later date.

But not before some Gundam action (and of course the Frontier movie which will oh so very soon be in my hands!).

Second season is disappointing and opens up more cans of worms than it answers.

Gaiden OVAs answers some questions then...er...yeah...more questions.

:wacko:

Second season is disappointing and opens up more cans of worms than it answers.

Gaiden OVAs answers some questions then...er...yeah...more questions.

:wacko:

It seems then that the writers didn't really like to the word closure.

Maybe they're holding out for a third season?

It seems then that the writers didn't really like to the word closure.

Maybe they're holding out for a third season?

I've always felt that season 2 was nothing more than a big set-up for season 3. Felt that season 2 was more of a spin-off, and that season 3 would be the real continuation of the main storyline. So i sure hope they come up with a new one.