Quick question about the bandai 1/60 dx's and the new yamato 2.0 v

Thai Boxer 9901

Amen to that!

Speaking of scale, let's not forget about the size differences between the Isamu pilots for both the YF-19 and VF-11B. Both gummy figures are of a totally different size (you'll never be able to stuff a YF-19 Isamu into the VF-11B), despite the fact that these are two figures made by the same company, are of the same scale, and are piloted by the very same pilot.

Maybe it's because they're depicting a different pilot for the VF-11B. Same suit, different person.

Maybe it's because they're depicting a different pilot for the VF-11B. Same suit, different person.

A very good point, but in the anime, Isamu looks like he's got a pretty "average" build, unlike the taller and more well-built Guld.

My theory is that Yamato probably fouled up the scale for the VF-11B, and had to make another mold of the Isamu pilot to fit into the cockpit. If you think about it, it would be far more cost-efficient for Yamato to just keep using the mold for the YF-19 Isamu gummy if they could, rather than to go through the unnecessary hassle and make a brand new mold of a different sized pilot with an identical design and paintjob...just to depict a different pilot.

If the appearance of the YF-19 Bird of Prey and Double Nuts are anything to go by, Yamato is more than inclined to recycle still-usable molds and designs.

how do you make the cockpit of the VF-25 (or 27 for that matter) look less narrow and small? enlarge the whole model and you get a long, sleek cockpit.

but unfortunately, the size is "to scale" according to offical stats.

My theory is that Yamato probably fouled up the scale for the VF-11B, and had to make another mold of the Isamu pilot to fit into the cockpit. If you think about it, it would be far more cost-efficient for Yamato to just keep using the mold for the YF-19 Isamu gummy if they could, rather than to go through the unnecessary hassle and make a brand new mold of a different sized pilot with an identical design and paintjob...just to depict a different pilot.

I think what happened is that Yamato realized that the YF-19's pilot was a bloated mess with no feet so they went ahead and gave the VF-11 a new, not ugly pilot.

Edited by anime52k8

how do you make the cockpit of the VF-25 (or 27 for that matter) look less narrow and small? enlarge the whole model and you get a long, sleek cockpit.

but unfortunately, the size is "to scale" according to offical stats.

just made centimeter longer is more than enough i think.. to catch up with the proportion with others.. i dont mind with the anime scale as long as it look proportional with other VFs

Edited by valid

I think what happened is that Yamato realized that the YF-19's pilot was a bloated mess with no feet so they went ahead and gave the VF-11 a new, not ugly pilot.

Hmmm, that makes sense, too. The YF-19 Isamu was missing his feet. In fact, the VF-11B Isamu actually looks a lot better inside my YF-19's cockpit, although it looks loose enough to fall off if I flipped the jet upside down.

And speaking of gummy pilots, I noticed that the Milia pilot that comes with the VF-1J came with male proportions (read: flat chested). On the other hand, the Nora pilot for the SV-51 Gamma was actually gender accurate. I guess a higher price point comes with better details....

I think the original message implied (gummy) pilot (figures), which vary ENORMOUSLY from model to model. I even have 1/72 hasegawa, dragon, hobby master, etc. pilots that look silly sitting together. It's like Gandalf in Hobbyton man!

I was one of those who said the cockpit had to be some kind of a "constant" on valks of different sizes and shapes. Only trying to imply if the VF-25 and 27 cockpits were to look more reasonable (not so narrow), they'd need to enlarge the entire valk. BUT, the DX toys are actually quite to scale with the cannon measurements...so Kawamori or whoever assigned those stats may consider giving the newest valks one or two meters more. Instead of 18.8, say 20 or 21 meters would suffice.

Hell, my 1/72 VF-25 (the model is considered VERY accurate in size and shape) looks funny next to my extensive collection of real aircraft models. It's not the flashy livery (70's US Navy anyone?), it's the ridiculously small cockpit (and pilot, must admit).

well i'm disagree.. although there is weight and height differencess... i think the average size of human figure especially the head is absolute..

Have you seen Fantasy Island? :lol: Really, I don't know, but I am in Hong Kong and people come in all kinds of sizes and shapes, just like those gummy pilot figures. No exaggeration.

Not a joke, even hats come in sizes (not the "one size fits all" baseball cap). Motorbike helmets come in sizes too.

Have you seen Fantasy Island? :lol: Really, I don't know, but I am in Hong Kong and people come in all kinds of sizes and shapes, just like those gummy pilot figures. No exaggeration.

Not a joke, even hats come in sizes (not the "one size fits all" baseball cap). Motorbike helmets come in sizes too.

i know what you mean.. and although this is only a cartoon.. *or an anime*.. they were (the character) is all a pilot.. and there' is a standard posture for pilot... and i think kawamori.. use that basic standard.. *i only see luca that below standard average height.. and that was an exception because he is a genius tech.. or only played as chiby character

i know what you mean.. and although this is only a cartoon.. *or an anime*.. they were (the character) is all a pilot.. and there' is a standard posture for pilot... and i think kawamori.. use that basic standard.. *i only see luca that below standard average height.. and that was an exception because he is a genius tech.. or only played as chiby character

Roy was 7'1"

Hikaru was 5'9"

There's no absolute standard.