Transformers Super Thread 9

eriku

Guest sh002

found the answer on tfw2005.com. 3 x ironhide and 5 x rodimus in a case. damn there were 5 rodimus minors on the shelf at some point.

I need space, so I'm going to sell off some stuff. Before I try to do it at TFW, I'd like to do it here. (I have SO many people back out of deals after I've boxed them up over there, I'm really getting sick of it). Here's a quick preview of what I have before I type up full "for sale" threads for them:

RiD Railspike

RiD Megatron

RiD Landfill

RiD Ruination

RiD Storm Jet (Jetfire colors)

Many small/medium BM--most any show character, Scavenger, Nightviper,

G2 Starscream

G2 Optimus Prime (1984 mold)

G2 Grimlock, silver/grey (depends on price and if I ever find MP Grim cheap)--may sell, may keep

G2 Devastator (yellow)

Animated--Swindle, Blitzwing, Grimlock, purple Shockwave, Blurr, Samurai Prowl

Energon--Starscream, Snowcat, Long Haul, Demolisher

Armada Tidal Wave *Japanese purple/grey version*, Jetfire (inked in panel lines in cargo bay), Starscream

G1 Ramjet, Dirge (Ramjet has a KO nosegear, found out AFTER I bought it)

Alternators Jazz, Hound, Grimlock, Sideswipe

07 *Jp* Leader Movie Prime--chromed, with rear bumper also painted silver, with all "extra" sticker sets from Reprolabels.

Feel free to PM questions etc. (in fact, please do) As a rule, they have mint instructions/cards, excepting some G1/G2.

went to tru this morning and bought tru reissue perceptor and mp grimlock. the lady said mp grimlock was popular today because 3 other people came earlier in the morning and bought them. anyone want a tru reissue perceptor? if not i might give it to my brother. i live in california.

Okay, I'm having a bit of a brain block at its annoying me. I've had Transformers on the brain for a few weeks now, reading their bios and TFWiki entries and such, but I can't find any info on a specific group. I came across them years back and can't find them any more; they're a group of animal-based transformers and the blurb I read cited them as Primus' prototype transformer, his first attempt to finalize the process before shutting down. Anyone have any idea what they are?

Also, has any more information about MP Rodimus Prime been released yet? That might be my first MP toy, and my first TF toy in decades.

Okay, I'm having a bit of a brain block at its annoying me. I've had Transformers on the brain for a few weeks now, reading their bios and TFWiki entries and such, but I can't find any info on a specific group. I came across them years back and can't find them any more; they're a group of animal-based transformers and the blurb I read cited them as Primus' prototype transformer, his first attempt to finalize the process before shutting down. Anyone have any idea what they are?

Also, has any more information about MP Rodimus Prime been released yet? That might be my first MP toy, and my first TF toy in decades.

Predacons? Terrorcons? Maximals? Primatives? Pretenders? Sharkticons? The Covenant? Edited by RD Blade

I think you might mean the Covenant.

i have a feeling that the next wave of generations that i'll be looking for (red alert, dirge, blurr, etc) won't be that hard to find. i keep going into different targets and find a lot of thrusts, drifts, and wfc bumblebees and optimus on shelves. maybe the next batches will be the same. hope i'm right about that cause that'll be a good thing.

oh and highbrow looks cool in both modes. the plane doesn't look bloated with parts that won't fit in to its design. put a valkyrie style head on it and it would be cooler.

I love my Computer Control Center, but be aware that it is a garage kit type thing. You're gonna have to put it together yourself and probably do some customization on it. Expect to tape/glue the plates together or you will curse the day you were born trying to get the whole thing assembled. Also makes sure to wash the pieces first to get off all the mold release slime. Also know that the stickers aren't very sticky. I'd recommend getting some of that 3M automobile spray adhesive from a car store and just putting that stuff on the back of the stickers from the get go. When it's all together it looks totally cool and Teletran 1 really looks just like the cartoon. Great diorama for your TFs.

thanks for the info. i keep everything in the box though so no worries there. might pick it up but $90 is still expensive even for a sale price at bbts.

I love my Computer Control Center, but be aware that it is a garage kit type thing. You're gonna have to put it together yourself and probably do some customization on it. Expect to tape/glue the plates together or you will curse the day you were born trying to get the whole thing assembled. Also makes sure to wash the pieces first to get off all the mold release slime. Also know that the stickers aren't very sticky. I'd recommend getting some of that 3M automobile spray adhesive from a car store and just putting that stuff on the back of the stickers from the get go. When it's all together it looks totally cool and Teletran 1 really looks just like the cartoon. Great diorama for your TFs.

What size TFs are best for the CCC?

Got Animated Rodimus today. He immediately displaced Classics Rodimus as my favorite toy of the character. Vehicle mode is small and sleek with everything pegging together snugly, something I could never say for Classics Rodimus with his side panels that like to come out of place. G1 Hot Rod was always a favorite of mine because of how ridiculous his car looks, and the Animated toy carries on that legacy wonderfully. Rodimus is molded in classic Hot Rod red, bright orange and clear blue windows. It would have been great if the pipes and engine were chromed, but I never expected them to be. I dont think even the Japanese version is chromed, which I find rather odd considering Takara releases rarely slouch on the chrome.

Transformation, though relatively simple, is fun and everything pegs together and stays in place beautifully. Almost all of the car ends up above his waist and makes him look a little top-heavy, but it works for the Animated style and I love how he looks. Even though hes got a bulky looking top, he still manages to remain slim and sleek without any large bits of car hanging off him (except for the spoiler of course).

Articulation is as you would expect from an Animated toy, meaning generous and useful. Ball shoulders, ball/swivel elbows, ball and swivel wrists, ball hips, swivel knees, ball ankles and a neck that has an excellent range due to being a ball socket on top of a swiveling panel. I always love it when my robots can look up and down, especially when they have so many tiny and jumbo friends to stand next to. Thigh swivels would be useful of course, but the way the pipes fold up on his thighs dont allow them.

Im very happy with this guy overall, but I do have to nitpicks/complaints. The first is that I dont care for the gold plastic his spoiler is cast in. Not because of ZOMG GOLD PLASTIC SYNDROMEZ NOOO!! But because the color doesnt pop enough. Everything on Roddy is so bright and firey and his spoiler, his main piece of flair, should be too. If it were yellow it would complement the yellow headlights and really tie the overall look together. Since the look is obviously so deeply based on G1, why not go all the way with the spoiler? In any case, its a minor nitpick and Ill happily live with it.

The other nitpick is that, like the first batch of Animated Arcee, the plastic has a glossy finish. I have nothing against glossy plastic, but one of the things that sets the Animated figures apart is that almost all of them have a Yamato-like matte finish to the plastic. Hasbro made a running change to Arcee and later batches came with a matte finish , so perhaps Roddy will get the same treatment. If he does, Ill happily buy another one. If not, Ill live. Its not that the glossy looks bad, it actually looks quite good, but it doesnt fit with the rest of the Animated figures as well as I'd like. Luckily Roddy is filled with so much of The Touch and The Power that he can transcend these small problems.

Edited by eriku

Just seen a Leader Movie Starscream at a Super Walmart in West Palm Beach, Fl.

Was going to pick it up but end up just getting a HA Jazz (Awesome toy, by the way)

Anybody got that thing yet? Is the place mode as atrocious as it looks?

still looking for animated rodimus. if you need tru mp grimlock i could do a partial trade. or i'm thinking of selling tru mp grimlock if anyone is looking for one.

I found and bought leader class Starscream. His bot mode is great imo cool articulation and gimmicks. The plane mode isn't as bad as i thought it would be, and honestly the F-22 doesn't have a sleek underbelly so his plane mode isn't too far off from the actual thing.

Caved and paid a little more for animated Rodimus and Ironhide. cool to have the last 2 unique characters i wanted for a complete set!

I was debating the fansproject Ultra Magnus armor for Classics UM, but buying the Classics UM alone is ridiculously expensive! Guess ill just have to pass :(

i think i'm just going to buy animated rodimus from ebay. i've been going to 3 different toys r us' and haven't found it. the extra that i pay for it will be like the cost of the gas. oh and buy my tru mp grimlock.