The Super Dimension Fortress: Do You Remember Love? 25th Birthday

According to a number of online sources, DYRL was first shown in a number of theaters 25 years ago tomorrow (July 7th, 1984).

As one of my all time favorite films, I would like to wish a happy 25th birthday to this awesome film! Here's hoping a Blu-ray release is coming soon. :)

Screw all that.

I've watched this movie hundreds of times over the past twenty-some-odd years in every format from fuzzy, wavy VHS tapes, crisp'n'clear laser discs, bootleg HK DVDs, official R2 DVDs, and downloaded MKV files. I've seen it raw, in English, and with subs of widely varying quality.

I loved it as a kid. I love it as an adult.

I'd feel great if I could get a lovely R1 DVD of the movie, but really...does it matter? No matter what, I've seen it, and I will continue to watch it again and again until the day I die.

Screw all that.

I've watched this movie hundreds of times over the past twenty-some-odd years in every format from fuzzy, wavy VHS tapes, crisp'n'clear laser discs, bootleg HK DVDs, official R2 DVDs, and downloaded MKV files. I've seen it raw, in English, and with subs of widely varying quality.

I'd feel great if I could get a lovely R1 DVD of the movie, but really...does it matter? No matter what, I've seen it, and I will continue to watch it again and again until the day I die.

Hooyah

With you on that. DYRL is one of my all time favorites.

Screw all that.

Ok - how's this then:

DYRL Needs to be re-released into the theatres so we can all go see it on the big screen.

Lucas did this with the original Star Wars trilogy in the early 1990s. I know people laugh at him for the 'digitally remastered' scenes - but those are few and far between. The main point is - it was possible to relive the thrill of seeing Star Wars as a kid.

So I would say - DYRL needs to go to the movie theatres again! :)

Pete

BLURAY!

Wow, has it been 25 years since I saw this in a theater in Tokyo?

The Gundam franchise gets a 1/1 RX-78 for its 30th anniversary. I'd say let's campaign for a 1/1 VF-1 for Macross! It'll be a lot cheaper to build!

Wow, has it been 25 years since I saw this in a theater in Tokyo?

The Gundam franchise gets a 1/1 RX-78 for its 30th anniversary. I'd say let's campaign for a 1/1 VF-1 for Macross! It'll be a lot cheaper to build!

Unlikely. Unless it was in fighter mode.

Hm... Though, now that you mention it...

Instead of that, a 1/1 Macross in the water next to the location on Odaiba island Real G is on! :lol:

Agreed, if there's any classic anime movie that deserves a BluRay release, it's DYRL. IMO, it's a high water mark not just for Macross, but for anime and dare I say it, theatrical animation in general.