The Transformers 3 Thread--A Michael Bay Thread

Transformers 3  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What would you want in Transformers 3?

• Unicron
    • Dinobots
    • More Triple-Changers
    • Omega Supreme and more Gestalts
    • More robots and less human characters
    • A better actress than Megan Fox
    • Mudflap and Skids blown to pieces
    • A better group of script writers
    • A more competent director than Michael Bay / Zoom the camera out during fight scenes
    • Michael Bay's head on a stake
  2. 2. Will Transformers 3 suffer from the "Third Movie Syndrome"?

• Yes
    • No

Is that like the Japanese dub of Beast Machines or an entirely new series? I've only watched Beast Wars, and the later parts of Beast Machines.

Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo are entirely different titles. They are anime sequels to Beast Wars (which had some script rewrites for the Japanese dub).

Beast Wars II Opening

Just like the Japanese G1 sequels (Headmasters, Masterforce, Victory and Zone), you'll either love them or hate them.

The TF franchise has seen numerous reboots, offshoots and video games throughout the decades, and there's a new Prime for each one. If I recall correctly, there are technically over a dozen different retellings and reboots of TF counting manga, video games, toy versions and different US and Japanese versions.

In non-chronological order:

- G1 [cartoon and toyline]

- G2 [toyline]

- GI Joe Crossovers [comics]

- Beast Wars/Beast Machines [CGI series and toyline]

- Robots in Disguise aka Car Robot [toyline]

- Titanium [toyline from comics]

- Cybertron aka Galaxy Force [anime and toyline]

- Armada aka Micron Densetsu [anime, toyline and video game]

- Energon [cartoon and toyline]

- Kiss Players [toyline and CD audio series]

- Classics/Henkei [toyline]

- Binaltech/Alternators [toyline]

- Bayverse

- WFC [video game and toy line]

- TFA [animation and toy line]

- TF Prime [CG series and unreleased toy line]

Japan-only exclusives:

- Disney Label [ugh!]

- Music Label

- Nike [yeah, the infamous shoe-former]

And that's all I got from Wikipedia. Actually, there are probably even more that I'm not even aware of.

What a disaster.

Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo are entirely different titles. They are anime sequels to Beast Wars (which had some script rewrites for the Japanese dub).

Beast Wars II Opening

Just like the Japanese G1 sequels (Headmasters, Masterforce, Victory and Zone), you'll either love them or hate them.

As I recall from watching the Japanese G1 sequels as a kid, I totally hated them. For some reason, anime and Transformers just don't mix well for me.

What a disaster.

Yeah well, Hasbro's gotta make money, and TF's seem to one of their most successful franchises to date, next to GI Joe. The only way you can milk this Cybertronian cow is the reboot the series every now and then.

That's what I think, anyways.

Yeah well, Hasbro's gotta make money, and TF's seem to one of their most successful franchises to date, next to GI Joe. The only way you can milk this Cybertronian cow is the reboot the series every now and then.

That's what I think, anyways.

GI JOE is actually struggling right now. They had a gold mine with the 25th stuff, but the movie line killed the pace and anticipation. Retail stores are only carrying a fraction of what they use to. At least, around here.

I think GI JOE will get on track again with some of the new releases, but it will never hit the stride they had with the 25th line.

Star Wars and Transformers is how Hasbro makes it's money.

GI JOE is actually struggling right now. They had a gold mine with the 25th stuff, but the movie line killed the pace and anticipation. Retail stores are only carrying a fraction of what they use to. At least, around here.

I think GI JOE will get on track again with some of the new releases, but it will never hit the stride they had with the 25th line.

Star Wars and Transformers is how Hasbro makes it's money.

Very true. I don't know how well the GI Joe movie did [didn't enjoy the movie, personally], or how well received it was, but it couldn't possibly have earned more than any of the TF movies.

IMO, Hasbro can continually reinvent Transformers by giving them new alt modes and improve on articulation, while Star Wars is and will always be hot.

New DOTM Toy Images - The NASCAR Wreckers are looking good so far, despite having the stereotypical Redneck head sculpts.

The head on the green NASCAR is tolerable, but the blue one...ugh. Love Blue's [or whatever his name is] armed-to-the-teeth alt mode, though. Sweet.

I'm liking BB's body sculpt, despite the uncolored parts on his legs [a lot of the yellow should be metal=dark gray]. Looks like a slightly retooled version of his Battle Blades deluxe body. BTW, why does his alt mode show no windows, while his bot mode has them. A prototype, maybe?

The head looks like a return to the more bloated version of his ROTF preview head sculpt, although it's probably the poor quality of the pic.

As for his BFG, the Daytona TV spot shows him actually transforming into some "battle car mode" with the mechtech gun coming out of his roof. Well, at least the things will actually be featured in the movie.

Watched all the new trailers for this and I must say it looks great - I just hope the plot is not as brazenly disjointed as ROTF. I really don't demand all that much from TF. The first movie was IMO great - it held togetehr very well in terms of plot an pacing. ROTF was just a disaster, although lots of eye-candy... DOM seems to be conceptually strong and I am eager to see how this installment plays out!

Pete

Glad to see Leader class Ironhide. Is that a new Leader class Bumblebee next to him? The supreme class one supremely sucked - not just because of the lack of a hand, but also the hood of the car didn't really transform. This one looks to be different...or amy I just seeing things?

In any case - nice to see Ironhide getting some love.

Pete

it's a new one, bumblebee is finally getting a true leader class. also all of it's electronics are in a big bulky mech-tech backpack and he still has a gun only hand and no wrist articulation. <_<

I still lean toward Battle Ops BB. Although this one is more in scale with other leader class figures now. All the excess plastic was put in that junkyard they call a backpack.

Actually, none of the movie figures are truly in scale with each other. In reality, Jetfire and Starscream should be at least 3 times the size of Optimus Prime.

Actually, none of the movie figures are truly in scale with each other. In reality, Jetfire and Starscream should be at least 3 times the size of Optimus Prime.

Heh. I was just looking at ROTF Optimus and Jetfire combined and thinking the same thing. But yeah, I was referring to this new BB being more in scale with Optimus and (presumably) Ironhide.

Starscream is pretty close to in scale with voyage/deluxe figures though.