Macross Ultimate Frontier for the Sony PSP.

UN Spacy

That's probably it. I'm fairly certain I had rankings all over the map on that one until I was able to level up a bit, so it should just be enough to clear that era to unlock those features.

That was it. I unlocked the era limiter and the stat limiter in the store. As always, held triangle when I went to the shop to get Sheryl to show up so they cost less. Nice to use the ghost to beat everything into pulp with super RM missiles.

That was it. I unlocked the era limiter and the stat limiter in the store. As always, held triangle when I went to the shop to get Sheryl to show up so they cost less. Nice to use the ghost to beat everything into pulp with super RM missiles.

WHAT!? WHAAAAT!? I didn't know that! I bought most of the unlocks from Ranka! DAMN THAT MONEY GRUBBING GIRL!!

Bleh...

Anyways, for those running a custom firmware who would much prefer to use their -LEGIT- UMD, there is a new CFW that helps bypass the annoying lockout.

Yeah! I'm running the game from my disc, instead of my Memory Stick, which is cool. Sure, the battery will last less if I play outside, but eh... I like my discs.

This means more space for music inside the stick! Wooo! Custom Soundtrack rocks.

I'm happy, I'm happy...

=)

Well I have a dazzle now and I'm going to be getting a JPN PSP2000 (video out) pretty soon hopefully. I don't know how long it will take but I should be able to use the dazzle and put the video in MP3/AVI/etc eventually. This should help everyone bypass the whole region deal without any problems.

I've tried two different methods to bypass the region lock before. One try was the recovery menu and the other was by modifying the files and I failed at both unfortunately. I'm not sure if I was just doing something wrong or not but when I was reading the various forums it seemed to be hit and miss. Keep in mind I was trying to spoof the US region as my fat is actually a JPN model.

Hey there, people

A while ago I posted some fuzzy pics of the UMD-Video content. It turns out you CAN view the UMD on a monitor using RemoteJoy (so far the only thing I have found that doesn't work is PS1 games), so here are some clearer pics. I didn't take any of the Lego valks, though.

As I mentioned waaay back, when I make captured video files of PSP stuff using RemoteJoy, the files come out enormous, so I don't really want to be the one who has to do that, although if you have a big enough hard drive, it should be possible.

20091027171221_0.bmp

20091027171116_0.bmp

20091027171111_1.bmp

20091027170936_0.bmp

20091027171104_0.bmp

20091027171057_0.bmp

It turns out you CAN view the UMD on a monitor using RemoteJoy (so far the only thing I have found that doesn't work is PS1 games), so here are some clearer pics.
My JPN fat won't output video for the UMD movie. Are you using a newer model PSP? I've even tried ripping the UMD iso to the memory card and it still won't display the video on the monitor.

Screenshots are easy. You can take those with the screenshot feature included in custom firmware without using a monitor at all.

My JPN fat won't output video for the UMD movie. Are you using a newer model PSP? I've even tried ripping the UMD iso to the memory card and it still won't display the video on the monitor.

Screenshots are easy. You can take those with the screenshot feature included in custom firmware without using a monitor at all.

Phats have issues with output. 2000+ don't have issues with output. Mine is an old phatty too, but my friend's slim works fine with output display (other than the obnoxiously short cord to plug into his tv).

Very happy that there is less need to use melee combat in MUF in order to get a high score.

That was one thing I disliked about MAF, that in many stages you needed to melee attack most enemies to get an S or SS.

IMO, Macross should be about missile and gunpod combat, with melee used as a last resort or attack of opportunity,, not the main method of attack.

Macross is not Gundam, where beam rifles seem to run out after a few shots or be ineffective and the hero inevitably has to charge in with his beam saber.

Graham

I think I ran into a problem.

Currently playing through Macross F. Even through I did like the series that much it is very fun piloting the mecha and listening to the music. I just finished that multi-stage level which you help Alto rescue Luca. After that level I can't get the next one to start. I can select it. Hit the Circle but it doesn't active.

I think I ran into a problem.

Currently playing through Macross F. Even through I did like the series that much it is very fun piloting the mecha and listening to the music. I just finished that multi-stage level which you help Alto rescue Luca. After that level I can't get the next one to start. I can select it. Hit the Circle but it doesn't active.

I think it wants you to pick the quadlunn(err ... spelling) and the new pilot to go with it. I finally beat my frontier era and started zero. Wow the stats of the vf-0 pale in comparison to the 25's. It is like flying a slow barge.

Edited by SkullFighter

Is there anyway I can play MUF with the new PSP Go? Thx

Ultimate Frontier is surprisingly abscent from the Japanese playstation store. Until it pops up there, there will be no way for you to play it.

Side note, for anyone intersted, there's a demo for the new PSP Lunar game up in the Japanese playstation store.

I think it wants you to pick the quadlunn(err ... spelling) and the new pilot to go with it. I finally beat my frontier era and started zero. Wow the stats of the vf-0 pale in comparison to the 25's. It is like flying a slow barge.

Yup, unlike Ace Frontier, even fully leveled up, you will still feel there difference between advanced & weaker mecha, as it should be.

Anybody done a translation of the items in the shop yet for the third choice down?

There's lot's of really expensive items in there and I'd like to know what I'm buying before plonking down my points.

On shop level 16 at the moment.

If the era unlimiter or stat unlimiter is there, I'd like to buy it.

Graham

Anybody done a translation of the items in the shop yet for the third choice down?

There's lot's of really expensive items in there and I'd like to know what I'm buying before plonking down my points.

On shop level 16 at the moment.

If the era unlimiter or stat unlimiter is there, I'd like to buy it.

Graham

If you can Graham, get Ranka or Sheryl for your partner and level up there hearts. You get a pretty good discount at the shop with them leveled.Example. Items that are normally 10,000 nyan nyan pionts go for 8,600 pionts with the Ranka/Sheryl discount ^_^ Edited by SkullLeaderVF-X

One thing I don't understand is why some campaign missions are locked with a password? I've S/SS'ed every mission but I'm only at 99% mission completion!

Era and Stat unlimiter should be the two most expensive items in the shop. I think they were over 30k when I got them. One of them also requires at least level 17 shop as well. Can't remember exactly.

One thing I don't understand is why some campaign missions are locked with a password? I've S/SS'ed every mission but I'm only at 99% mission completion!

Era and Stat unlimiter should be the two most expensive items in the shop. I think they were over 30k when I got them. One of them also requires at least level 17 shop as well. Can't remember exactly.

So that the magazine that carries the password will sell!

Question. Is there some special way to beat the AFOS in the chronicles mission of Mac 0? I was wondering if there was an alternative to beat it while playing as Shin, like in the OVA(When Shin dumps his weapons and flies straight to Sarah). I'v been playing this mission over and over and all I get is a B ranking.How do I get a S or SS? :unsure:

Question. Is there some special way to beat the AFOS in the chronicles mission of Mac 0? I was wondering if there was an alternative to beat it while playing as Shin, like in the OVA(When Shin dumps his weapons and flies straight to Sarah). I'v been playing this mission over and over and all I get is a B ranking.How do I get a S or SS? :unsure:

I'm having the same as well..... the 3 secondary conditions are to beat Nora, Nora, AFOS within the shortest time.

However, wth the Vf-0, I find it almost imossible to do so.... the most I could do was only beating Nora fast.. but no luck with Ivanov, and definite not with the AFOS by a long shot

I've been playing the D7 chronicle mission for a while now but I still can't figure what the bonus actually is. Can someone please translate it?

Getting a SS rank for this mission is a real pain.

Edit: finally got a SS rank by luck (still curious about what the bonus is though)

Edited by vivitoru

I'm having the same as well..... the 3 secondary conditions are to beat Nora, Nora, AFOS within the shortest time.

However, wth the Vf-0, I find it almost imossible to do so.... the most I could do was only beating Nora fast.. but no luck with Ivanov, and definite not with the AFOS by a long shot

I can beat Nora and Ivanov no prob, but the AFOS takes me too long, and the &@$*!?¦) turns on a dime to zap me. So by the time I beat him, 'am lucky to have 3 minutes left of time.

That is correct... Macross Ace Frontier (released 1 year ago) and Macross Ultimate Frontier (released about 3 + weeks ago)

game play is generally similar, but Ultimate frontier features more content.... think of it as a complete version of Ace frontier.

That is correct... Macross Ace Frontier (released 1 year ago) and Macross Ultimate Frontier (released about 3 + weeks ago)

game play is generally similar, but Ultimate frontier features more content.... think of it as a complete version of Ace frontier.

Thanks BlueMax.

Is it normal for a person to buy a PSP just to play this game?

Well.... this IS a Macross forum... .. ;)

What I can say is the the PSP is good for loads of other things other than just playing Macross Ultimate Frontier.... you can play movies, songs, surf the web( provided you are in an area with FOC wifi).

personally, I found it REALLY useful when I need to wait for my girl friend (can be up to an hour or more! :wacko: , and she wonders how come I can be so patient :rolleyes: ) .... or during commuting.

Well.... this IS a Macross forum... .. ;)

What I can say is the the PSP is good for loads of other things other than just playing Macross Ultimate Frontier.... you can play movies, songs, surf the web( provided you are in an area with FOC wifi).

personally, I found it REALLY useful when I need to wait for my girl friend (can be up to an hour or more! :wacko: , and she wonders how come I can be so patient :rolleyes: ) .... or during commuting.

Indeed. I use my PSP for everything now ever since I up'ed the memory card to a 32Gb one. My PSP has now officially replaced my Ipod for movies, music and games.

B))

Thanks BlueMax.

Is it normal for a person to buy a PSP just to play this game?

I did, while waiting for it to arrive in the mail i picked up Crisis Core, but for the most I only use my PSP for both Macross titles, i don't care for anything else on it.

I think I've bought almost every game system that I've ever had for a particular game. There may be a couple of exceptions. Let's see:

Atari 2600 my mom bought for me. I think the first game I had for it was Defender.

Sega Genesis for Shining Force II

PC Engine DUO for Macross 2036

Sega CD for Lunar

Super NES for Starfox

Playstation for Final Fantasy VII

Playstation 2 Final Fantasy X

PSP I got just because I thought it was cool.

XBOX 360 I totally admit to buying because I really liked Project Silpheed after playing it at a friend's place.

Nintendo DS for its version of Final Fantasy III

Wii for the Virtual Console games

Playstation 3 i got due to the price drop and the fact that Final Fantasy XIII comes out in Japan before it does in the US.