Bandai 1/72 Scale Macross Frontier Model Kit Thread Ver.3

azrael

got my notice too from rainbowten.

was told they are doing partial shipping instead of waiting for the armored alto since the SAL box is already full with just this kit. :blink:

while disappointed they aren't shipping together, still pleased that at 8080yen shipped, it's just a little over HLJ's sticker price before shipping ^_^

So wait, is the kit already out and ready to ship? Or are people just being charged for it and waiting on the suppliers to get their orders in? Im confused T_T

Edit: Wait... HwJapan says 'in stock'....

Edited by Cent

506.jpg

i thought the chest panels were supposed to flip outward instead of into the center. could be wrong, need to re-watch.

that pic makes the VF-25S look like it had horse blinds on.

hlj is already listing it as low stock. must be flying off the shelves like a full missile salvo :lol:

edit:

it's so hard not to get distracted at the moeyo site..

Edited by Major Focker

I noticed in the HobbySearch pictures that there were no Cathy Glass decals T_T Maybe the suppliers will throw it in the box afterwards.

Yeah from the looks of Hobbysearch's images it doesn't come with custom decals. Can anybody confirm?

Talking about decals, the slide for the armor is common to the "F" and the "S", namely "SMS001" and SMS007"...the "SMS 00" and "1" (or "7") are individual decals that you have to align yourself.

The basic model is still in the box, so theoretically, with the decal+sticker set, Bandai absolutely CAN release a stand-alone "armor pack" just like the "super pack".

No idea what happened to the deculture decals shown in Shizuoka, expect them to be stand-alone for retail!

Edited by regult

Been busy with uni work and stuff so I haven't had a chance to post recently.

Anyways I remember R10 saying that they will not have the cathy/sheryl decals with all preorders like the previous releases due to high demand and the supplier only providing limited numbers for them to give out so I hope that answers some questions you guys might have.

Aw, thats disappointing. Cathy decals > shery/ranka decals.

I wonder if they are going to release the Armored pack standalone in a similar way to the Super pack where it had decals/stickers for all 4 (or at least 2) fighters. I guess they don't have to, considering how greatly demanded the full sets are >_>

Btw, with the missile doors opening in the manner mentioned above, doesn't it seem like it could potentially slap Ozma right in the face if he looked in any direction but directly forward? >_>

Yeah, that's how they open. The Armored Messiah parts are sort of a homage to the Armored VF-1 parts - and them chest missile doors on the Armored VF-1 also open in the same way, albeit they are positioned lower so that they don't really block the VF-1 head when opened.

Edited by valkyriepilot

Aw, thats disappointing. Cathy decals > shery/ranka decals.

I wonder if they are going to release the Armored pack standalone in a similar way to the Super pack where it had decals/stickers for all 4 (or at least 2) fighters. I guess they don't have to, considering how greatly demanded the full sets are >_>

Btw, with the missile doors opening in the manner mentioned above, doesn't it seem like it could potentially slap Ozma right in the face if he looked in any direction but directly forward? >_>

Yes, very disappointing. So what does happen to the decals? Will the shops sell them as limited edition decals or would they include them in later batches when sales begin to drop?

Also. Ozuma is too badass to need to look at where he's firing. He just need to remain in a cool pose and his vibes will do the rest.

I really love that VF-25f armored, but unfortunately I already bought a plain VF-25F, so I'll get the armored for it through standalone or not at all. =/. Why doesn't Ozma get his own sniper rifle :(

On a side note, I'm considering how to paint the inside of the sniper rifle on my VF-25G. I notice in the above Armored Alto pics that its a pale green, whereas for Michael its a yellow-green. And applying the paint to the inside is a real pain. I'm really seeing careful edge masking and airbrushing as the only viable method, but it still seems like its a tall order to get the paint job right. Any tips?

On a side note, I'm considering how to paint the inside of the sniper rifle on my VF-25G. I notice in the above Armored Alto pics that its a pale green, whereas for Michael its a yellow-green. And applying the paint to the inside is a real pain. I'm really seeing careful edge masking and airbrushing as the only viable method, but it still seems like its a tall order to get the paint job right. Any tips?

I haven't done mine yet but have that same issue to consider. Just to confuse things even more, rarely do you see the inside edges in as bold a green as either version on the anime. I was considering doing an almost military green (olive drab sort of colour) on mine. I'll either airbrush, or since I'm using Tamiya and Gunze Aquous(sp?) paints, I might just gently wipe away where I don't want it with a cotton swab and windex or amonia. That all depends on how flat the areas are that stay black though. Also depends on whether I've painted those areas another colour. Aaaargh! Might have just talked myself out of that!

Any other thoughts from anyone else?

Edited by mickyg

The biggest questions I have atm is regarding the set of closed fists that comes with the armored bundle and if there was a standalone kit would it include them. I couldn't be bothered to check up the runner pics so I'm gonna be mean and throw this question at you guys XD. And to answer fufufu's question I think that they will just randomly attach the decals to a few lucky preorders like what they did before.

The biggest questions I have atm is regarding the set of closed fists that comes with the armored bundle and if there was a standalone kit would it include them. I couldn't be bothered to check up the runner pics so I'm gonna be mean and throw this question at you guys XD. And to answer fufufu's question I think that they will just randomly attach the decals to a few lucky preorders like what they did before.

Really? That's a shame. Had I known this was the case I would have pre-ordered!

Has anyone been lucky enough to get their Ozuma yet? With Cathy decals?????

Saw the Armoured Ozma through the window of the Animate shop in Sino Center on Saturday, but as it was only noon, the shop wasn't oopen yet, so I couldn't go in and check the price.

Graham

I heard it was HK$628 at Animate, courtesy of ff95gj who reported the price.

Any word on the new Deculture / Itashi decals?

Do they come with the new kits (ala the VF-25s FAST Pack kit) or do you get them some other way?

Yeh those are hot. I want more info too.

Anyways I contacted R10 about the custom decals and here's the exchange:

Hello,

I'd like to ask how you will be distributing the special custom decals (Sheryl and Cathy) that were given to your shop with MACROSS F ARMORED VF-25S OZMA and MACROSS F ARMORED VF-25F ALTO. As I think you don't have enough for everyone I'd like to know how it will be distributed. Will it be at random on whoever preorders or will it be the people who preorders the earliest or will it be available to anyone who orders until you run out?

Thanks

Dear customer,

Thank you for your E-mail. Sorry at this moment we don't offer the decal because there is really slight supply of it, and it's quite unfair to give it only 2 or 3 people. So we just do not accept any decals from suppliers.

Rainbow Ten

I'm sure the situation is similar at all shops but how they handle it (random pre-orders, first ones to pre-order get them) is anyone's guess. But 2 or 3 people? REALLY? I'd think a shop as big as R10 would get a bit more respect.

I'd be annoyed at the lack of custom decals, but I have the first Sheryl and Ranka decal sheets and I know it's going to be a long, long time, if ever, before I get around to building another VF-25F to use them on. I thought "Do I really want to build four Altos? Three Ozmas? etc etc" :rolleyes:

It's a clever strategy on Bandai's part to get us to buy more kits. :rolleyes:

I'd be annoyed at the lack of custom decals, but I have the first Sheryl and Ranka decal sheets and I know it's going to be a long, long time, if ever, before I get around to building another VF-25F to use them on. I thought "Do I really want to build four Altos? Three Ozmas? etc etc" :rolleyes:

It's a clever strategy on Bandai's part to get us to buy more kits. :rolleyes:

How'd you get them? Do you have 4 of each? :s

Funny I just explained to a friend what loli is.

How'd you get them? Do you have 4 of each? :s

Funny I just explained to a friend what loli is.

Warerarorikonda! :lol:

I got them from the Deculture Campaign a few months back. I ordered my initial kits from HLJ and they included them.

Currently have two Altos and one Ozma, and getting Armored Alto and Ozma this month.

Holding out on Super Pack bundles for Michael and Luca, but I'm not sure that's ever going to happen. :blink:

Warerarorikonda! :lol:

I got them from the Deculture Campaign a few months back. I ordered my initial kits from HLJ and they included them.

Currently have two Altos and one Ozma, and getting Armored Alto and Ozma this month.

Holding out on Super Pack bundles for Michael and Luca, but I'm not sure that's ever going to happen. :blink:

What are you going to do with so many kits of the same plane? :s

I'd rather get one of each.

What are you going to do with so many kits of the same plane? :s

I'd rather get one of each.

Things change. Never planned on getting Armored Alto, wish I hadn't bought a plain Ozma way back when, etc. And I foolishly thought for sure I might actually use the special decal sets. :lol: But no way I'm building two Armored Ozmas!

Got my Armored Ozma yesterday, and yeah, the box is qutie large. Pretty much two of the standard VF-25 boxes, and its PACKED!

Spent a number of hours over the last two days snapping it together in fighter mode. Oh, and Bandai added some locking tabs, this thing is SOLID in fighter mode! The gun now attaches to the legs, with a rather large unsightly adapter, which also holds the legs together. The legs also tab into the backplate, and the wings tab into the legs. Seriously, this fighter is the exact opposite of the previous ones, like 1/60 Ver. 2 solid.

Some other things to note:

-There is plenty of ground clearence with the landing gear down.

-Unlike the Superpack, the shoulder missle pods don't require any additional parts for Battroid mode.

-The armored crotch armor needs to be removed for fighter mode, I suspected this was going to be the case.

-All kinds of new support peices are included, including a piece that lets you keep the gunpod in the fighter mode location while the Valk is in Gerwalk mode(as was seen in the anime a few times). These parts are all, unfortunately very cumbersome looking.

Haven't transformed it yet, might save that for tomorrow:)

Jarrod

Edited by Jarrod