Bandai 1/72 Scale Macross Frontier Model Kit Thread Ver.3

azrael

Aren't those at least canon schemes though? YF-25 seems totally "pulled out of thin air" in both name and colors.

After all it's Bandai and I'm not surprised with the appearance of this YF-25. It's just like with the gunpla kits, they have released many ver.2.0, recolored, special coating, anniversary editions of many models like RX-78-2, Zeta Gundam etc. So it was only a matter of time when they start to do the same with Mac kits...

Don't get me started on the ver 2.0 zaku 2 recolors. they are a great kit and bordering on revolutionary in terms of engineering like the strike was when it came out but the 13+ recolors is abit too much. I lawled hard at the lastest white zaku where in the promo pics they gave it a black base paint underneath the white so it was kinda of defeatist imo.

We never saw or heard a mention of a YF-25. We did see a YF-24. I think the YF-25 is something Bandai just made up this week as an excuse for a recolor...

It could possible be in the new movie.

Then again, make believe recolors isn't anything new. I mean heck even Hasegawa and Yamato does it.

Aren't those at least canon schemes though? YF-25 seems totally "pulled out of thin air" in both name and colors.

Some no. The Zeta Gundam v2 White Unicorn (Amuro) isn't exactly a "canon" scheme, yet they pumped that one out.

Zaku II v2 paint schemes...:lol: Look at the RX-78 variants. That will make anybody cry at the number of variants.

yet, if you already have the G, you can always borrow it from it as Alto did in that said episode, or better said, micronized Klan entrusted the rifle to Alto after being shot down, yet again...

I am not very convinced that the armored F is a must, and the rifle is a good excuse to buy it, but I don't need a whole new kit for the rifle I already own. Ozma's unit wore the armor most sorties, while the F only used it twice at most (??).

Personally, the color scheme of the F looks nicest imo... But I already have a F, and even a G (no armor/super for either). I had no choice but to buy an armored S. I will probably swap the G's gunpod with the S rifle. I like the rifle and all, but I hate the pink-purple decals it has around the tine ports.

Guest sh002

i got the armored vf-25f for completist reasons. i only got one of this kit and not doubles like all the rest to build one and keep another unbuilt in the box. i'm happy with my vf-25f with super pack.

Woohooo... I like that pose of Sheryl's

nice decals! I would like a set of those.

Guest sh002

i would definitely buy a 1/72 snap-fit transformable konig if bandai made one. it would be expensive but i'd still buy it.

1/72 YF-25. Limited edition. Pre-order from the website only.

Apparently it features a new head and reworked cockpit. That's like less than 10 pieces and a new decal scheme. Yeah, that's just milking.

It's a two-seater cockpit.

Just to calm fears - it seems that it's the YF-25 kit PLUS advance movie ticket is what's exclusive to Famima.com.

I suspect the normal release YF-25 kit will probably come out after the movie showings.

Apparently it features a new head and reworked cockpit. That's like less than 10 pieces and a new decal scheme. Yeah, that's just milking.

*Points at every Valkyrie kit and toy, ever*

I bet it will be the movie homage to the VF-1D - Alto picks it up from Gilliam, does his thing with Ranka, gets his 25F later and we never see it again...

Yeah I tripped over that sale yesterday by accident. I had ruled out getting anymore of the 1/72's until I felt up to the challenge of an armoured or the VF-27 was released.

Oh building the Super Micheal will keep me entertained while I wait for all of my 1/60 VF-1 Pre orders that are delayed or miles off.

We never saw or heard a mention of a YF-25. We did see a YF-24. I think the YF-25 is something Bandai just made up this week as an excuse for a recolor...

I have no doubt whatsoever!! :p

We probably won't see a YF-24 until after they do the CAD designs for the VF-100 series or a model kit... No CAD designs exist, since the show only showed a 2D screen image of it.

Edited by Zinjo

I just ordered VF-25G for 30 bucks off of HLJ.......I'm sure it'll be soooooooooooooooo worth it lol.

I wasn't going to get the G, but since it's on sales.. good theing the super pack is on sales too. always good to save a few bucks. :lol:

I reckon there will be high chances of tantrums being thrown.

If you read your order email it says:

"Please note that this order will not be entered into our accountingsystems until July 20 because of the weekend. At that time, we willsend you an order confirmation message with your customer ID, ordernumber and other information."

Hopefully their system is smart enough with stock allocation.

HLJ was at this past weekend's Otakon. I picked up the VF-25F Armored version from them for $80 US. Quite worth it to me since it was actually below what it would have been had they used the actual exchange rate. Granted, I know that I could probably find it cheaper online somewhere, but at least I didn't have to worry about shipping costs.

"Please note that this order will not be entered into our accountingsystems until July 20 because of the weekend. At that time, we willsend you an order confirmation message with your customer ID, ordernumber and other information."

Well as sparingly I use HLJ, I haven't had a backorder problem with them and since there was no low stock warning indicator I think everyones on the safeside. Of course it probably would kill the deal if it wasn't there as I just got the parts former VF-25F to go with it since it was so damn cheap. You can't go wrong with one of those for 25 bucks with a model kit as the main attraction.

by now I have built the Ozma and VRF; have realized all those hours of build up that will eventually follow, since I have purchased both the F, S Armored and Michael's G as well with a set of fast packs.

I think I will eventually paint the extra Ozma left on a new scheme.. a camouflage something.

My request is for anyone who might have figured out Which Tamiya blue or combination of blue is the most suitable for Michael's VF-25G?

Just a quick question for the guys that have built kits up and added seperate super parts:

How do the instructions work:

Do the super parts come with updated instructions which walk you through building the base kit and adding the super bits as needed?

Or other?

Thanks

The instructions off the super packs will look very similar to your normal build up instructions on your VF-25, however the places where the normal armor on the VF-25 is replaced with the Super Pack armor. So when your building up the leg, you gotta go back and forth on the instructions.

Infact, I think the super pack instructions are pretty much identical to much of the regular build up. So it's not hard finding where you are.

I also just scored a Luca kit. Someone on ebay has got 9 more up for grabs at 39 bucks each but the shipping is close to 20 bucks.

Hope I got Micheal's kit....I'll be bummed if I don't.

Also kind of wondering a good place to get super packs that aren't gonna cost me 50 extra dollars along with SMS Stands?

Just a quick question for the guys that have built kits up and added seperate super parts:

How do the instructions work:

Do the super parts come with updated instructions which walk you through building the base kit and adding the super bits as needed?

Or other?

The Super Part kit comes with instructions only on what parts you need to replace in the original kit manual. It will not walk you through building the base kit. If you are building a VF-25 and then adding on the Super Parts standalone kit, the Super Part kit manual will have markers on when you need to switch between the original VF-25 kit manual and Super Part kit manual.