New Macross 1/1 DYRL helmets

Jasonc

Just so everyone knows, I got another reply.

They said they are sorry for not answering all emails directly.

However those who emailed in the first 200 slots will get emails about

Color and payment options in December.

Guess I'm SOOL then. They haven't replied, and I guess by now they would have already hit their 200 slots quota..

I just received a response to my email inquiry to the masei_helmet@hotmail.com. This is the email:

we will have it ready soon in few months..

I save your email. when ready, I email you about it.

US$239 including shipping fee worldwide now.

Luusama

So we shall see how this pans out, really hope this works out and we all get helmets. I think I will link this thread so they can see the interest from Macross fans.

I just received a response to my email inquiry to the masei_helmet@hotmail.com. This is the email:

we will have it ready soon in few months..

I save your email. when ready, I email you about it.

US$239 including shipping fee worldwide now.

Luusama

So we shall see how this pans out, really hope this works out and we all get helmets. I think I will link this thread so they can see the interest from Macross fans.

That would be a good idea. I think they may know about it, but maybe they haven't seen it in awhile. I'm definitely looking forward to getting mine. I have a big project to work around this helmet.

That's awesome!!

So when did you first notify them about purchasing one ??

I sent them a message back in May thru their Facebook page and still have not recieved any emails or messages of them reserving one for me.. :(

I also emailed them on their web page back then and have not heard from them at all.

Did you email them on their web page address??

Facebook?

Well, I tried their facebook page and their email address, but what got me the response was their ebay account. They were selling the original Yamato helmet they used to take measurements and for references, molding etc.... I contacted them through their ebay account. They then said to email them at sales@maseihelmets.com which I did. They must've remembered me from ebay, so they emailed me back with the confirmation. It did take a few weeks. This was a few months back. Link to the ebay listing is below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380656555866&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

Good luck and keep trying. Persistence pays off.

Just so everyone knows, I got another reply.

They said they are sorry for not answering all emails directly.

However those who emailed in the first 200 slots will get emails about

Color and payment options in December.

Sweet, I guess I'm in the first 200 slot since cost estimate was around $189.00. With shipping and more finalized accurate price etc...I guess it'll be around $239.00 like smiley424 said. Definitely a bargain when compared to the original Yamato helmet which new, sells for well over $700.00. Can't wait!!!!! I think I'm gonna get football helmet display cases to put the Macross helmets in (hopefully it'll fit, gotta check the dimensions of the finished product).

This'll complete my holy grail items. I already have a masterpiece collection cyclone, a nice cel of Ashuram from Record of Lodoss War (have 2 actually, beautifully centered and great detail on the armor), and the Yamato Macross flight helmet (well, not exactly, but Masei's scale should look better on human body, and, it's an actual DOT approved motorcycle helmet, too cool, cooler than the Yamato one I think). Now, to find new Holy Grail items...my quest will never end.

-I got this email earlier today:

:)

the prototype still in making.. save your email and will email you when it is ready...

US$239 including shipping fee.. been very busy with many helmet projects now..

need time to do one by one.

-So after emailing them since May, this is the first email that states the price, which I believe is in the first 200 slots!!!

So I take it I'm good to go !!!!!!!! Now all I've got to decide is which color I should get !!!

Focker or hikaru!?!??

Edited by erikos0311

• 2 weeks later...

Really good work there CHAVAKAISER. Did you also do the Star Wars helmet in the background?

hey that nice CHAVAKAISER :)
you should make the helmet from macros plus next .... no one done that yet I don't think

I think noone has done a Plus helmet because it has so much glass, It's pretty much a round glass with the visor on top. I think someone once tried to until they released it would be too difficult to do cause they couldn't figure out a way to attach the visor to the glass safely.

The latest photos look pretty good, but speaking from a biker perspective, I'm not convinced that the 'crown/beak' piece of the helmet is going to be effective for riding 'if' it only attaches to the helmet via the 3 visor snaps that you see in these photos. I'm fearful that the crown will lift and rip off at speed. Let's face it, there's a lot of drag element there to consider. I'm guessing Masai will of course address that but I'm just thinking outside the box as a biker who rides with no windshield.

Hopefully those are screw holes on the side and there is one in the top middle. That's how it works on my helmet and it can be converted to run without the visor they provide screw hole inserts here it is http://www.afxhelmets.com/helmets/dualsport/fx-39ds.php?show=black. It's pretty stable at speed but the visor isn't as large and allows air to flow through so maybe that helps reduce lift.

Hell yeah, spanish's my native language, there's a part of the forum were we can speak spanish.

Went to Mexico for my brother's wedding, she took one of your gorgeous girls! hehe!

I say all your helmets are coming out more than great and don't look as massive and heavy as the Yamato. The gloss finish is wicked too.

Too bad shipping out of Mexico is rather difficult, a lot of people would be all over your stuff. Masei is taking too long. :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update: Helmets have been approved, final test is done.

On schedule for June release.

Awesome. I'll be ready for mine. This is gonna be awesome. I have all the Yamato helmets, but one that will actually fit is going to be one of my favorite Macross items when it arrives.