CLONE WARS

I just saw my first episode today chapter 3, and it sucked. :angry:

Wow, I like Chapter 3 the best so far, I think. Taking losses but also kicking some ass. What was it in particular that you didn't like? The droids need a gold painted one out there, though cause they're (lack of) tactics sucks. ;) Hopefully Clone Wars can show they're at least in the ball park.

Anakin has to have the most retarded character design ever. The others are fugly as well. Chapter 3, though, shows the true strength of the designs - the clone troopers and the mechs(to some degree). I will be very happy if it continues like this.

Heh, well Chapter 4 was pretty cool, too. Nice gigantic space battle still going on... and Durge and his droid things made mince-meat out of them clone troopers.

Are you in Canada, too, Jeleinen? Oh and BSU Legato, I mentioned EXCEPT for the Canadians about the website. ;) It didnt' leave a file in my temp internet files, just a shockwave thing... it's already floating around Bitorrent supposedly... have you tried looking for it yet?

Anyone else notice that Durge has the same Symbol that Boba Fett later wears in the OG Trilogy? ;)

That's cuz they're both Mandalorians.

Anyone else notice that Durge has the same Symbol that Boba Fett later wears in the OG Trilogy? ;)

That's cuz they're both Mandalorians.

Durge isn't. The back of his figures' card says something to the effect that apparently he was captured by Mandalorians and tortured. To recuperate he went into a 2,000 year hibernation or something like that. His reason for joining the Seperatists is because he wants revenge and the Republic's clones are Mandalorian in that they're based off Jango and all of the Mandalorians are apparently now dead.

Why he's wearing their symbol...

Edited by Uxi

From Durge's bio, on the Official Site....

The Gen'Dai that would become Durge was born two thousand years before the fall of the Republic, and was regarded by his elders as an exceptional physical specimen at a young age. A predilection for aggression, coupled by witnessing bounty hunters in action, forever steered young Durge into a lifetime of violence. The lure of the blood trade drew Durge away from his tribe and into the rest of the galaxy. For centuries, he studied under the most experienced and dangerous bounty hunters he could find.

About a millennia before the Battle of Naboo, when the galaxy was wracked by warfare waged between the Jedi Knights and Sith Lords, Durge was in the employ of one of the few remaining Sith. In this time, he squared off against many a Jedi, learning their fighting techniques, and developing weaponry and combat tactics to counter their moves. When the Sith were finally wiped out at the Battle of Ruusan, Durge went into hiding to avoid Jedi reprisals. He adopted dozens of different aliases while continuing his career as a hunter, amassing a sizable fortune.

Nine hundred years later, Durge was hired to kill the leader of the Mandalorians. Though he succeeded, the Mandalorians struck back and managed and subdue Durge. Leave it to the Mandalorians to devise a means of restraining a Gen'Dai. They turned Durge's longevity against him, finding ways of inflicting pain throughout his scattered nerves. He was a victim of unspeakable torture, unable to die.

Durge was able to escape the Mandalorians, and retreated to parts unknown to hibernate and recover. It took nearly a century to undo the damage the Mandalorians wrought. Though his physical body had healed, Durge's already dangerous psyche was pushed further past the brink of sanity.

When Durge emerged from his slumber, he sought vengeance on the Mandalorians. He was cheated of his revenge as he learned they were all but extinct. He soon found purpose, though. He had awakened to a galaxy at war, a galaxy where the Jedi Knights led clone soldiers in battle against the automated troops of the Confederacy. The charismatic Count Dooku lured Durge into his ranks, and the ancient bounty hunter relished an ironic twist in his quest for retribution.

The commentary for Chapter 4 says we'll see what Durge looks like under his armor later on. Guess he's humanoid but not quite human.

I just checked the official and apparently its a species. Apparently they don't have centralized organs like a heart, but that the circulatory (and maybe nervous) systems are decentralized. And it says that a Gen'Dai can suffer multiple lacerations and possibly even be completely dismembered and still survive. They live a long time (up to thousands of years) but have a really low birth rate and are normally a nomadic and kind of bland wanderers. Durge is an enormous exception, it looks like. :)

Chapter 5 was pretty good. Was centered on the Mon Calamari homeworld(just so happen to be the same in name), the world where Admiral Ackabar is from(the fish like admiral from the original trilogy, seen in Return of the Jedi). Was centered around Jedi Master Kit Fisto and undersea clone troopers. B))

Edited by Effect

The commentary for Chapter 4 says we'll see what Durge looks like under his armor later on. Guess he's humanoid but not quite human.

I just checked the official and apparently its a species. Apparently they don't have centralized organs like a heart, but that the circulatory (and maybe nervous) systems are decentralized. And it says that a Gen'Dai can suffer multiple lacerations and possibly even be completely dismembered and still survive. They live a long time (up to thousands of years) but have a really low birth rate and are normally a nomadic and kind of bland wanderers. Durge is an enormous exception, it looks like. :)

Sounds more plant than animal. Maybe he's really just upset cause he has a huge seed he can't seem to pass.

No relation to the Supox, of course.

Sounds more plant than animal. Maybe he's really just upset cause he has a huge seed he can't seem to pass.

No relation to the Supox, of course.

Heh it's possible.

Supox? I love SC2. Ur-Quan Masters is great. With the 3D0 sound effects and dialogue and all that... have you tried it?

I missed playing this game... wish someone would get around to porting SC1 (maybe the Genesis version... i should probalby look for an emulator!)

SC2 is great. :D Maybe the greatest computer game ever. I recently downloaded it from a Russian site and played it again for the first time in many years.

I've never played the 3do version. I fully intend to nab the Ur-Quan Masters port sometime in the near future though. (It's wonderful so many people still care... :lol: )

Timewarp is good so far if you like melee. Too many extra ships though. A ittle buggy at times. Remains to be seen if they can make a plot game that doesn't fall flat like SC3.

Are you running Windows on your computer? Windows should have a "MS-DOS for Games" shortcut that would let you play SC1 in DOS. (that's how I played the original SC2) I'm sure you could find the PC version of SC1 for download somewhere.

(you've probably seen this pic, but it seems appropriate to the topic...)

post-26-1068830439_thumb.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Sounds more plant than animal.  Maybe he's really just upset cause he has a huge seed he can't seem to pass.

Seems exactly how it was, wasn't it? The fact that Obi-Wan can't seem to kill him is pretty interesting too. That scene with the ARC & Clone Troopers shooting him up and then blasting him with the rocket (only to have him come back up even worse than before) was great.

I loved the initial "jousting" duel with Obi-Wan. The space battle was pretty damned cool, too... This cartoon rocks.

Anyone else have any commentary about the episodes up to this point? I was originally saying I was going to go without buying them until the whole thing is done, but I don't think I'm going to be able to. ;)

Edited by Uxi

YEAH I finally found the eps online being canadian and all kinda drove me insane to see this. But wow it was pretty cool. The one part I never really got was the clone troops shouldn't they all have special training instead of just that one group..? I mean they have all the same abilities right they are CLONES... But yeah it was pretty cool for a cartoon. I can't wait for Aninkin vs. creepy white skin sith thing.

No, according to their bio, the ARC troopers are a special few that supposedly trained with Jango himself on Kamino. The regular ones while well trained, aren't nearly as specialized in either training or equipment. Naturally no more could be trained (at least by Jango) after Geonosis.