CLONE WARS

Not too bad, although I'll have to defer judgement on the storyline until I see about a week's worth (or 25 minutes) of shows. Animation is stunningly excellent (then again, this is Genndy Tartovsky we're talking about here) and all the voices except Palpatine's (c'mon, it's not like Ian McDiarmid was really doing that much :p) were spot on. I almost forgot that that wasn't Ewan MacGregor.

Liked it, BUT.... How 'bout a little longer episodes? 5 minutes is too much of a teaser. :angry:

5 minutes? More like 3. Still better than the 1 it looks like Lucas originally pitched...

They could do it an hour with commercials and all (so about 45 min) a night and people would still like it. Ah well. Look forward to getting all this on a single DVD hopefully later (and will probably be ok with internet version until then... ).

maybe this is all a prelude to an actual series? Man I hope so. I've been waiting for a new star wars series cartoon to show up ever since droids and ewoks. Guess we'll have to wait and see! And if this goes to dvd, how long is it going to be? How many episodes are they going to make? And no, I haven't seen it yet? What time is it suppose to play here in California?

Saw this tonight, and thought it was very cool. I think following them all might be a problem, but we'll see. Realistically, I think I'm gonna have to wait for a DVD release or 'marathon' to catch all these. Also, it would have been cool if they showed two tonight, especially since the first one was really just an elaboration of the end scene of Ep II.

just watched it on CN.com, lame.

my opinion is that sci fi fans have let their standards go completely and will happyly gobble up anything with thier favorite franchise printed on it.

Edited by KingNor

just watched it on CN.com, lame.

my opinion is that sci fi fans have let their standards go completely and will happyly gobble up anything with thier favorite franchise printed on it.

Agreed.

I hate to sound so sour about it, but I'm just stating opinion...not trying to flame or start fights, because I am one of the biggest SW fans ever. Hell, I can actually say that I saw A New Hope when it was in theaters the FIRST time (of course I was 4 at the time).

I have to say that the Star Wars franchise has steadily been going down the crapper since Episode I came out. With notable exceptions like the Jedi Knight FPS games, there's no real life left in it. And these Clone Wars shorts are proof positive of that, unfortunately. :(

Clone Wars is Samurai Skywalker...I keep expecting Phil LaMar to voice some of the secondary characters or have corny split-second character cameos from other Tatarovsky shows (George Jetson and Fred Flintstone have made appearances in Dexter's Laboratory as background characters, for example).

To be quite honest, the only reason I'm even looking forward to Episode III is so that the franchise can finally be put out of the pre-trilogy-era misery that Lucas has created for it. <_<

To be honest we are expecting too much from Star Wars. I was also an original "saw it in the theaters" kid when I was like 7 or 8 and I loved it. I loved it all the way up to the new movies came out. Yes, I even liked the original Droids and Ewoks cartoons... you want to know why?

Because I was a kid back then. My tastes where simple. There was not the myriad of different entertainment options floating around that there are today. You want to know why the "new" Star Wars sucks? Because I am viewing it through the rose colored glasses of a 33 year old man and not an 8 year old boy anymore.

In my book the new Clone Wars cartoon is nothing more than a simple kid's show akin to it's great granddaddies Droids, Ewoks and the now infamous Holiday Special... if you view it in that context then it is just a lighthearted romp in the world of Star Wars, not too deep to loose the core audience (the KIDS) and not too simple and stupid to alienate the die hards (the 33 year olds watching a children's cartoon show like me). For all we know this cartoon will be reveared years from now as the second Holiday Special and people will rue the day it was made... or perhaps it will somehow trancend it's simple genre and presentation and suprise us all.

I agree with those that said the show will most likely be much better viewed on a DVD all at once, and as I said already my only real complaint at the moment is about the length of the show not of it's content. I do not like the new movies but the more I get bombarded with them the more I realize what they are and the more I accept them. As with anything I will watch this series as much as I can catch it (the length and timing of the episodes make it hard for us businessmen to run home from school and watch cartoons) and I might have to DL and watch most of the shows from the website. We also need to remember the show is being handled by the guy who does Samurai Jack which means we already know the shows will be long on style and short on substance.

Reminder to the non-Canadians that cartoon network has them on their site the night after they air (which is every weeknight, I guess) at 8. I haven't caught any on tv yet, but watched both on the site. You can pick between QuickTime and Real and choose whether you want commentary or not. At broadband speeds doens't take that long to load, either!

They've gotta be available on other less legitimate web pages by now, too, I imagine...

But Act 2 was pretty cool. Think they overdid the Obi-Wan/Anakin thing a bit, but it fits I suppose. Who thinks that ARC-Trooper lieutenant (or whatever he's got blue trim) is gonna get wacked at the start of Act 3 tonight? ;)

Reminder to the non-Canadians that cartoon network has them on their site the night after they air (which is every weeknight, I guess) at 8. 

Except for one problem....

Cartoon network is puting the episodes online starting the day after the episode shows 

'Cept they're actually blocking Canadian ISP's from downloading the Clone Wars. :(

Or so they claim, anyway.

I agree, the Arc Troopers are badass. No talking at all in this episode but then again there was no need. Actions speak louder then words. :D

I liked in episode 2 how Obi-wan told Anakin it wasn't his skill that was in quest but his maturity. Hmm did Anakin forget about all those Sand People(men, women and children) he killed not to long ago. I do like his custom Jedi Starfighter. I might pick that baby up from the store.

Edited by Effect

Effect Posted on Nov 11 2003, 07:55 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree, the Arc Troopers are badass. No talking at all in this episode but then again there was no need. Actions speak louder then words.

Not true....the sarge talked to Obi-Wan through the hologram. Grand total: 2 lines of dialogue.

I thought it was awesome when that one ARC trooper caught a blaster shot in the head when they were pinned down.

I know they're only three-four minutes but I find myself really getting into them when they're on.