You did the right thing by preordering Exia. B)) Now I hope Kshatriya will be a mass release and be reasonably priced. Which reminds me, I should track down some of the RD zulus and maybe Angelo's custom one too.

My natural reaction would be to say there's no way they would do a 100% original tooling figure then only release it as a web exlusive. Then I remember the Byarlant Custom... :mellow:

I pre-ordered my Metal Build Exia / Repair III from Big Bad Toystore in FEB. Does anyone know if they are reliable on these types of orders? I have heard nightmare stories when it came to the Bandai DX v2's, but maybe that only applies to that toy line. They did come through though on my Project BM! 1/6 Kaneda and Bike a few years back.

Edited by Loop

they're a US retailer so they have to buy stock through wholesale distributors. Typically that means it'll take longer to get stuff in, and sometimes if there's a shortage of stock in japan they're more likely to get shafted. metal Build gundams aren't nearly as limited as DX Valks though, so it'll probably be ok. Also, BBTS doesn't charge on pre-orders until they have the item in stock, and there's no consequence for canceling pre-orders with them.

My Metal Build Exia is on the way from HLJ! Will post impressions once it arrives and I can check it out.

Still hoping for a Tamashii web exclusive Trans Am version like the one that was released for 00 Raiser Gundam and an add on set to upgrade (downgrade???) it to Exia Repair. :p

So, did anyone else get Robot damashii Tallgeese 1? I got mine Friday from Amazon.

I dig him a lot, even though he's basically just Tallgeese 3 with new head, shoulders and weapons. surprising thing about him is that the weapons and shield are totally new molds. I fully expected to see the same shield and doper gun from the leo option set, but instead they're completely new pieces sculpted and sized exactly the same except for how they mount to the toy and a few tiny, inconsequential details.

Got a chance to check out the Metal Build Exia, and it is amazing. Excellent poseability, solid joints, great balance, fantastic detail and build quality. I'm a little bit sad I didn't get a 2nd one so I could display it as a sort of Exia Repair II.

So many awesome gimmicks too!

post-7871-0-89653700-1365417981_thumb.jpgpost-7871-0-42094200-1365417985_thumb.jpg

Exia

post-7871-0-54150700-1365417996_thumb.jpgpost-7871-0-65393600-1365417999_thumb.jpg

Exia Repair II. Impressed I was able to get this pose without support.

post-7871-0-06306000-1365417994_thumb.jpgpost-7871-0-43448700-1365417991_thumb.jpg

NAKED! I should have taken out the GN drive too.

post-7871-0-53706400-1365417988_thumb.jpgpost-7871-0-59459700-1365418003_thumb.jpg

Compared to other Metal Composites and Metal Builds

If they ever release a Trans-Am version I'll be buying it in a heartbeat.

After examining the construction, it looks like it is not possible to swap out parts to make it into Exia Repair I. It would have to be a whole separate release.

Highly recommend Metal Build Exia if you can get your hands on one.

I'm guessing the new Metal Composite (new mold) will be Gundam Banshee, and next Metal Build will be Perfect Strike. :p

Actually, I wouldn't mind if they did a renewal version of the Unicorn, cuz the current design has pretty limited articulation. The Super HCM-Pro that was released after it had amazing articulation. Maybe a Full Armored Unicorn with the green Destroy mode. :)

Yeah, the Metal Composite 0 Gundam is pretty meh. It really is just a 1:100 scale version of a 1:144 Fix Figuration, but a bit higher quality. Same limited articulation, and the materials feel a little gummy. Not as tough as the Metal Build plastics, but definitely not as soft as the 1:144 FF.

Gimmicks are also very limited. The GN drive is not removable, no GN Feathers (wings of light), or stand (only a name base, but that seems like the norm for MC).

Not sure if 0 Gundam was very popular (I like it though), so probably only a slim chance of it being released as a Metal Build. :(

Actually with SEED Destiny HD Remaster kicking off recently and all the renewal SEED model kits, I wouldn't be surprised if the next Metal Build was Destiny or Strike Freedom. bleh to Destiny.... I'd much prefer Impulse Gundam with all 3 equipment packs and parts swapping for the colour changes. So many cool gimmicks to fit in there. They tried some of the gimmicks on the Fix Figuration (like leg flyer, chest flyer etc), but that was awful.... (I know because I foolishly bought one). The whole thing was so loose and wonky.

I wouldn't say no to a Metal Build Strike Freedom though. Would go nicely with the Metal Build Freedom :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well I just got my Metal build Exia and all I can say is...

MOTHER F**KING BANDAI... :angry:

So the left shoulder pauldron for the Repair III configuration has some sort of molding/misassembly issue where the bar that clips into the top of the shoulder is too thick and doesn't have enough room to accommodate the width of the clip on the actual shoulder. even trying to scrape away plastic to make it work it literally will not fit in any way shape or form, if I try to mash it on it immediately flies off at speed.

I've emailed BBTS about getting a replacement part, but I probably won't hear back from them until Monday.

Other than that it's an awesome toy but seriously, f*ck my luck.

Edited by anime52k8

Well I just got my Metal build Exia and all I can say is...

MOTHER F**KING BANDAI... :angry:

So the left shoulder pauldron for the Repair III configuration has some sort of molding/misassembly issue where the bar that clips into the top of the shoulder is too thick and doesn't have enough room to accommodate the width of the clip on the actual shoulder. even trying to scrape away plastic to make it work it literally will not fit in any way shape or form, if I try to mash it on it immediately flies off at speed.

I've emailed BBTS about getting a replacement part, but I probably won't hear back from them until Monday.

Other than that it's an awesome toy but seriously, f*ck my luck.

Hopefully BBTS replaces the part. Exia should be perfect!

Hopefully BBTS replaces the part. Exia should be perfect!

Already got a return label for them (just sending back the bum shoulder armor, not the whole toy), need to just drop by UPS tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

My dream come true!!!!!

Metal Build Exia Repair I

http://blog.amiami.com/amiblo/2013/05/22.html

Translated page:

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.amiami.com%2Famiblo%2F2013%2F05%2F22.html

WOOOOO!

Apprently releasing in September according to Gundam Guy blog! (http://gundamguy.blogspot.com.au/2013/05/metal-build-1100-gundam-exia-repair-i.html)

Once Amiami preorder is up, I'm putting in my order. WOOOO! 4:00PM Japan time!

There is bound to be a Trans-Am version coming later too. WOOHOO!

damn that's expensive.

I like R1, but not $160+shipping like it, especially when it's a remold of a toy I already bought.

Exia/Exia RIII was ¥11,000 from Amiami last year, so probably $150-$160 with EMS. I totally missed the amiami preorder last time, and had to go with HLJ @ ¥13,500, but probably paid about the same as amiami after shipping since I combined shipping with the 8 issues of Macross Chronicle I had in my Private Warehouse :D

Maybe I should go down that route again.... decisions decisions.... Can never tell what the ¥ exchange rate will be in September, so might be wise to pay up front early with HLJ and lock in the current strong exchange rate. :)

I wonder what gimmicks Exia RI is going to come with, besides just being all beat up. Hopefully option to completely change to regular Exia for people who didn't get the Exia/Exia RIII release. That would require A LOT of part swapping.

UPDATE!

Gundam Guy blog post was updated and the new MB Exia release will include parts for Repair II also! Also price was updated to ¥13,800. Tempted to get 2 so I can have an Exia Repair II on display also, but I probably cannot afford it. Saving up for the updated Sony NEX-7 mirrorless camera to replace my NEX-5N.

you know what would be really cool? if they reissued the 00 seven swords set, because I never got that and I'd rather have one of those than a second exia.

Should I take photos of the 00 seven swords to make your thrust to preorder the 00 raiser TWE increase ever higher? :p

581810_10201386002995632_1151815383_n_zp

481832_10201386002955631_1712107516_n_zp

Thanks for the better sans. Repair I is definitely my favourite. So funny that a busted up battle damaged version is better than the all the later revisions. :p

Well the 00 Raiser re-release is coming out this June or July isn't it? It's apparently going to have updated decals and colouring to make it a better match to the Exia. I also read that they made improvements to the connectivity of the 0 Raiser to the 00 Gundam for stability. There was speculation they might also re-release the 00 Gundam 7S also, but we really don't know. What people do think is that the updated 00 Gundam Raiser will be the final release and there will not be re-released after that, so might want to get in there and get that if there really will not be a re-release of 7S.

I was tempted to get the updated 00 Gundam Raiser, but It's a pretty hefty investment, since I already have 2 of the 00 Gundam 7S original release, and the additional 0 Raiser attachment. Need to prioritise. :p

It would have been amazing if Bandai released the Exia release with Avalanche equipment option. Now that would warrant a definite purchase right? Avalanche and Repair I. Price would be higher, but you really would be forced to buy it twice.

Should I take photos of the 00 seven swords to make your thrust to preorder the 00 raiser TWE increase ever higher? :p

No, It'll just make me really mad because I want a 7S but don't want to pay $500 for one. Personally I hate the 00 Raiser, it's stupidly wide. The Seven Swords version is literally the only version of the 00 I like.

I was tempted to get the updated 00 Gundam Raiser, but It's a pretty hefty investment, since I already have 2 of the 00 Gundam 7S original release, and the additional 0 Raiser attachment. Need to prioritise. :p

you could sell me one of those 7S versions, free up some money and space. :p