Strike a Pose! Ver. 3.0

It's funny how certain photos can change opinions. I never really liked the head design on Michel but suddenly I found appreciation for it through QJ's photos. Sort of like how I never liked the VF-1A head until I looked at photos of the recent Yamato 1/48 TV Max.

It's funny how certain photos can change opinions.

My sentiments exacty. I think Frontier came into play a little while after I got into the hobby. I watched the first couple of episodes on Youtube, but never really got into it because I was still learning about Macross and playing catch up on my collecting. This photo definitely has sparked my interest in the Macross Frontier toys. Nice pic!

nice, i like the 2nd pic... everybody seems to be posing their 25Gs like this... same as the promo pic...

Well, in my case, the rifle is pretty heavy for the hand and the wrist is pretty limp so if you want the rifle to be held up and look right, you pretty much need to use the other arm to help support the rifle.

Well, in my case, the rifle is pretty heavy for the hand and the wrist is pretty limp so if you want the rifle to be held up and look right, you pretty much need to use the other arm to help support the rifle.

well a sniper rifle isn't really supposed to be shot/handled w/ one hand... if and when i get my 25G in a couple of months i would probably display it that way too... really looks badass... ^_^

well a sniper rifle isn't really supposed to be shot/handled w/ one hand... if and when i get my 25G in a couple of months i would probably display it that way too... really looks badass... ^_^

Yeah, I know. I'm just saying regardless of it being a sniper rifle, the size of the weapon and the floppiness of the wrist will pretty much lead most people to pose it that way if they want a decent firing pose.

Though I guess other variations could probably be using it left-handed, kneeling or in a prone position. In any case, I really like how detailed they made the rifle and I think either this one or the armored Ozma custom would be the one to get if someone wanted to get just one. :)

Yeah, I know. I'm just saying regardless of it being a sniper rifle, the size of the weapon and the floppiness of the wrist will pretty much lead most people to pose it that way if they want a decent firing pose.

Though I guess other variations could probably be using it left-handed, kneeling or in a prone position. In any case, I really like how detailed they made the rifle and I think either this one or the armored Ozma custom would be the one to get if someone wanted to get just one. :)

would've been cool if Michel had a pair of handguns just like a certain green gundam... ^_^

kneeling? i read that the knee joint is hampered by the back leg armor?

a variation of that pose i was thinking of would be hovering (w/ the use of the stand) w/ the right leg bended and the other straight down while sniping... :)

kneeling? i read that the knee joint is hampered by the back leg armor?

It is, you would either have to pose it without the armor or try as Negotiator suggested in the DX v4 thread about the other joint that's connected to the thigh piece. I tried to get that to bend but it wouldn't budge and I didn't try any harder for fear of breaking something in my attempt.

Messed with my 25G some more and finally was able to get the upper knee joint working (helps a bit, but still couldn't bend it as much as I hoped) and figure out how to make that waist joint work.

The arms can reach across the chest further than I initially thought, which is nice.

A couple pics before going to bed.

post-10222-1238306489_thumb.jpgpost-10222-1238306499_thumb.jpg

I have to say, the Ver1.0 still looks quite good. In some ways better than the Ver2.0...

Anything looks good when compared to the 1A. But that's not the fault of Yamato, but rather it's the result of the thin-head DYRL design on the 1A. The 1A head is only tolerable when we're talking cartoon 1A head, when it's thicker.

Thick head is preferable to thin head.

wait... what did I just say? :blink:

Pete

3397612835_884726b099.jpg

Beautiful shots as always Vegas. You've inspired me to to display my Hikaru VF-1J and Armor. These are replacements after the cleaning lady knocked my old set down while dusting and busted it to pieces. It goes without saying they are no longer allowed new my toys. ^_^

Beautiful shots as always Vegas. You've inspired me to to display my Hikaru VF-1J and Armor. These are replacements after the cleaning lady knocked my old set down while dusting and busted it to pieces. It goes without saying they are no longer allowed new my toys. ^_^

thanks. ^_^