Post UN-Vajra War

Morpheus

Just some wild fan base thoughts on what happened to the MF main character after they settled on Vajra homeworld...

- Alto, probably he got some job offer as NUNS squad leader and his father still want him to go back to Kabuki business.

- Brera, he went into house arrest due to his involvement with Galaxy Fleet, released shortly afterward after proven that he was brainwashed while working for Galaxy (same case as ex-Varauta soldiers)

- Luca, he retired from NUNS and SMS and became led his family corporation in preparation to colonize the new world. He also make some breakthrough in fold technology with some help from Vajra and Bilrer.

- Ranka, she was placed under NUNS surveillance for a while due to her bond with the Vajra hive and offered a position as a special ambassador along with her Vajra companion, Ai-kun. She went back to her signing career after that.

- Sheryl, she went into house arrest due to her relation with Galaxy Fleet and placed under surveillance due to her connection with the leader Grace. She insisted to going back to her singing career to compete with Ranka

- Klan, she maintain her role as Pixie squad leader, currently testing a new power suit that was based on Red Vajra exoskeleton.

- Leon, he disappeared when he escape house arrest, last seen running into a Vajra hive.

I don't have any idea yet for the rest of the cast :rolleyes:

Share your thoughts if you can but keep it flame-free.

Here's my list:

Alto: Cut his hair and got addicted to booze. Suffering from post-traumatic stress syndrome induced from the last battle.

Ozma: Marries Cathy and gets killed the very next day in a flying accident.

Ranka: Already seriously traumatized by past events, Alto's alcoholism and Ozma's death push her over the edge and she runs away from "home" and gets a job as a waitress in a chinese restaurant in some dump of a Colony ship and tries to rebuild her life - supressing all of the memories of her childhood.

Sheryl: Marries Luca's dad because she is getting old, nobody likes her music anymore and she needs the money.

Luca: Works for his dad. Traded his flight jersey for a business suit.

Klan: Unable to let go, she hates Vajra for Mikhael's death and goes AWHOL.

Leon: Shoot - executed for High Treason.

Captain of the Macross Quarter: Forced into early retirement for Mutiny. Dies of lung cancer two years later.

Cathy: After loosing Ozma, she dedicates herself fully to her military career and becomes a dry, depressed, despondant drone in the military machine, swearing off all love and emotions.

Brera: Terminated, along with every other cybor, implant etc etc that the NUNS can find on the Frontier and anywhere else (since NUNS have started a crusade to purge AI from all colony ships given the events of first Plus then Frontier).

Ai-Kun: Goes off to search for Ranka but faces discrimination because he looks like a slug having sex with a tick.

Did I miss anything?

Pete

Rouge Zentran forces attack the Frontier colonies. Ranka is sent out to stop them, as she hops aboard a now fully grown giant Ai-Kun, armed with sound boosters and flashy disco lights.

Reversal of the Fleet of Strongest Women, anyone?

Bored and in need of a new hobby, Ozuma starts a Fire Bomber tribute band, with Bobby as the lead singer. Alto, sporting pink hair, joins as the band's bassist. Klan, in need of letting her anger and frustration out, joins as the drummer.

Edited by OmegaD3k

Here's my list:

Alto: Cut his hair and got addicted to booze. Suffering from post-traumatic stress syndrome induced from the last battle.

Ozma: Marries Cathy and gets killed the very next day in a flying accident.

Ranka: Already seriously traumatized by past events, Alto's alcoholism and Ozma's death push her over the edge and she runs away from "home" and gets a job as a waitress in a chinese restaurant in some dump of a Colony ship and tries to rebuild her life - supressing all of the memories of her childhood.

Sheryl: Marries Luca's dad because she is getting old, nobody likes her music anymore and she needs the money.

Luca: Works for his dad. Traded his flight jersey for a business suit.

Klan: Unable to let go, she hates Vajra for Mikhael's death and goes AWHOL.

Leon: Shoot - executed for High Treason.

Captain of the Macross Quarter: Forced into early retirement for Mutiny. Dies of lung cancer two years later.

Cathy: After loosing Ozma, she dedicates herself fully to her military career and becomes a dry, depressed, despondant drone in the military machine, swearing off all love and emotions.

Brera: Terminated, along with every other cybor, implant etc etc that the NUNS can find on the Frontier and anywhere else (since NUNS have started a crusade to purge AI from all colony ships given the events of first Plus then Frontier).

Ai-Kun: Goes off to search for Ranka but faces discrimination because he looks like a slug having sex with a tick.

Did I miss anything?

Pete

Too much reality there.

Do Fighter pilots really get post-traumatic stress syndrome? Air combat always seems like a quite clean affair with a lot of BVR engagement going on.

Burning out may easily happen in a high-intensity war where they are kept in the plane or at high readiness most of the time.

Bomber and Close-air support pilots might get it though. After all their targets are a bit less anonymous.

When SMS forces are privatized again after the war, Bilrer transfers Alto to a position where he will crash fewer VFs:

post-10235-1232999641_thumb.jpg

More seriously, I expect the Zentradi on the fleet that had to give up their full stature once supplies got tight will macronize again to build their own city on the new planet.

As for Sheryl, obviously with her health and spirit both recovered she'll go back to her music, but I wonder if she'll finish her piloting training as well. Depends on how much of it was just publicity stunt and how much was her personal desire to excel at something new. Or for that matter, get closer to Alto's first love.

And think of Elmo now: finally he has two big stars as clients. He may die of joy within the year.

Ranka Lee - After a successful post-Vajra War career and a life of excess, Ranka Lee begins a slow but steady downward spiral into depression and drug abuse. After an extended stint in rehab, Ranka launches an unsuccessful comeback tour which ends in a particularly tragic performance on Macross 11, where she falls off the stage and is found the next morning with her head shaved. Five years and a string of bad relationships later (including one particularly scandalous coupling with the much older, ex-Fire Bomber keyboardist Ray Lovelock), Ranka sells the rights to an exclusive tell-all interview with SNN for a then-record amount of 500,000,000. The interview goes badly for Ranka, particularly due to an embarrassing prehensile hair-malfunction during yet another remix of "What 'bout My Star". On July 25th, 2073, authorities discover Ranka Lee's naked body in a vacant hotel in the slums of Acshio on City 7. Autopsy reports indicate Ms. Lee died from liver infection caused by an overdose of LSV, a highly addictive narcotic imported from the Vajra homeworld. At her funeral, father and renowned Vajra War hero Ozma Lee launched into a tearful, drunken rage at former Lee manager Elmo Kridanik in which Ozma was heard by numerous attendants screaming racial epithets at Kridanik calling him "a Zentard a**".

Sheryl Nome - Unable to attain the same level of pre-Vajra War success, Nome manages to maintain some small notoriety when she releases a jazz album under Kaifun Records. Seven years later, Sheryl Nome is featured on the MBS series "Long After The Hits" which leads to her starring in a brief series of b-vids in which she gains a cult following for her gratuitous alien sex scenes. In 2068, Sheryl Nome's music enjoys a brief resurgence in popularity following the release of 3 singles in the ProtoStation holo-game "Idol Hero VI" and her single "Triangular" reaches #139 on the Zolan Adult Contemporary Charts. Sheryl returns to the stage for a brief tour, but is fiercely heckled in a shocking performance at Gallia Station which results in the destruction of the entire stage and Nome's own touring shuttle. The remaining tour is canceled and followed up by a series of lawsuits brought against Nome by Zentradi promotion company Deculture Divas Inc. The suits claim financing for Nome's tour was contingent upon her agreement never to perform in the Gallia system and the proceedings last for 3 years. Ruined by legal troubles, Nome apparently found love again when she began an affair with a Meltran museum curator in Macross City on Earth. Shortly there after, Sheryl Nome begins writing her extensive biography. After her tragic death in a Zentradi cricket game on Eden, the her Meltran life partner releases Nome's biography titled "How to Make Love Like a Galactic Fairy" in which Nome reveals relationships she had with over 13 different blue-haired men from 2059 to just before her death in 2103.

Edited by Mr March

On July 25th, 2073, authorities discover Ranka Lee's naked body in a vacant hotel in the slums of Acshio on City 7.

Holy poo, I had all sorts of crazy poo for 2073, and that's me birthday... Great birthday present: One of the most famous singers in the galaxy is found dead... Reminds me of when a welding gas warehouse went off... I had a fireworks show!

Alto: May, 2073: Promoted to CAG of SMS forces

Ranka: Minmay? :p

Sheryl: Dies in early 2060, due to remnant V-Type viral cells embedded in her brain.

Ozma: Marries Cathy in late 2059. Has 2 children and retires in 2074.

Luca: Resigns from SMS to work at LAI full-time. Leads the way in new fold technology.

Klan: Involved in a friendly fire incident in March 2067, accidentally killing then-fiancee. Found dead by self-inflicted wounds 3 days later. (I-RONY! :))

Leon: Sentenced to life imprisonment for High Treason. In September of 2063, he escapes and falls to his death while evading search parties. (Later reports show that the fall didn't instantly kill him, rather 13 days passed before he died of blood loss. (I love being gruesome to the bad guy :)))

Wilder: Marries (Whichever bridge bunny it was) in 2066. Has no children and dies in 2082 of a stroke, leaving (Whichever bridge bunny it was) heartbroken.

Ai-kun: Grew into full-size Vajra and flew off, never to be seen again.

Elmo: Riding on the success of Ranka Lee, he made it into the mid 2070s. However, with a downturn in her popularity, he lost everything, and was found in 2081, dead of starvation in a back alley.

Brera: Killed in a crash in 2067. All that was left of the VF-27 was a piece of the Quantum Beam cannon, found 17 miles away, embedded in the ground. Nothing was left of the body, or its memory storage system.

Bobby: Did what any gay man in his position would do: PARTY! :lol:

4000 years later...

Ghosts revolt. A treaty was signed between the colonies of man and Ghosts after the war.

40 years later the Ghosts return and simulteneaously attack the colonies with the help of cyborg infiltrators taking down defenses.

Leaving a lone old Macross Class protecting a fleet of refugees, the tribes of Human, Zentradi and Zolan.

Their only hope is finding the 55th colony...Vajra.

4000 years later...

Ghosts revolt. A treaty was signed between the colonies of man and Ghosts after the war.

40 years later the Ghosts return and simulteneaously attack the colonies with the help of cyborg infiltrators taking down defenses.

Leaving a lone old Macross Class protecting a fleet of refugees, the tribes of Human, Zentradi and Zolan.

Their only hope is finding the 55th colony...Vajra.

What is this? Battlestar Macrosstica? :p

Oh, come on you two. You can't tell me you've never watched some biographical show about a has-been pop star. My write ups were pop music cliche at it's finest. Where's the love? :)

I sometimes think that's ultimately why Kawamori made Minmay simply disappear. He didn't want to write about her tabloid fall from grace only to have her dog die when she was in her 40s after a particularly bad bender, which then convinces her to clean up her act, go into rehab, find God, and start singing choral favorites for the JWs. :)

Oh, come on you two. You can't tell me you've never watched some biographical show about a has-been pop star. My write ups were pop music cliche at it's finest. Where's the love? :)

I sometimes think that's ultimately why Kawamori made Minmay simply disappear. He didn't want to write about her tabloid fall from grace only to have her dog die when she was in her 40s after a particularly bad bender, which then convinces her to clean up her act, go into rehab, find God, and start singing choral favorites for the JWs. :)

Man, after reading the first paragraph here, I was thinking, "March is off his game...either Ranka or Sheryl needs to find to God to really hit all the clichés."

And then I read the second paragraph, and, well...you surpass me, sir. Kudos to you. ^_^

haha. i appreciated the real-life parody, and indeed they were right on. just wanted to jump straight into my Black Hole comment. :)

and now i believe that Black Hole should get to those real-life pop stars too... to spare us from all this. :p

You're suppose to throw in clever clichés and have it narrated by Jim Forbes. :angry: I don't hear Jim Forbes' voice in that writing. :rolleyes:

You're suppose to through in clever clichés and have it narrated by Jim Forbes. :angry: I don't hear Jim Forbes' voice in that writing. :rolleyes:

RANKA LEE...once known as the "Super Dimension Cinderella." In 2060, she seemed to have it all...three hit singles in a row, a glamorous boyfriend, fold quartz in her intestines...where did it all go wrong?

Clearly it had something to do with the night when she fired her manager, Grace O'Connor. We're unclear of the details, but apparently, Ranka's boyfriend, former child star Alto Saotome, had some sort of diagreement with Miss O'Connor. Threats were made, insults were hurled, and finally...Miss O'Connor lay dead, shot to death by Saotome...

After this, things went from bad to worse for the tarnished little queen...

This all just goes to show why Ranka and Alto should get married.

Remember kids: If you don't settle down and start enjoying life with the one you love, you will end up shaving your head and dying of drug over-dose.

Pete

Alto: Sheryl on Monday. Ranka on Tuesday. Sheryl on Wednesday. Ranka on Thursday. Sheryl on Friday. Ranka on Saturday. Sheryl AND Ranka on Sunday.

Luca: Goes into a blind rage when the first words that Nanase says after waking up are "Ranka, is that you my love?"

Ozma & Cathy: Happily married after surviving a rather rocky start (During their honeymoon, Cathy said, "I think Fire Bomber is grossly overrated.")

Brera: Was last heard playing "Aimo" on the harmonica shortly before flying into a nest of sex-deprived Vajra. :ph34r:

How about this:

Sheryl: Falls out of favor with the public and lays down the mic. Over the next 4 years all kindsa crazy stuff happens, and Sheryl tries to make a comeback and fails.

Ranka: After a successful movie and music career, Ranka Leehan became a total whore and went to rehab at least 12 times before coming clean and publically admitting to being a lesbian. :)