The MW Automotive Thread Quattro SpecV

areaseven

Sorry if this is a repost, but everyone on the GM and Ford boards can't get enough of this and if you're an ardent new-muscle fan this is just too hilarious:

gets a big ol' "meh."

doesn't work nearly as well as "Hitler's 787 delayed."

Edited by reddsun1

gets a big ol' "meh."

doesn't work nearly as well as "Hitler's 787 delayed."

Well it's all relative man. The '787 thing was funny, rather the actor playing Hitler was amusing, but I'm not one to care about passenger jets so......what'ev I guess...

pics of the upcoming Mk VI Roadster (Cobra) chassis from AC Cars, to be sold by Iconic Motors here in the US. Motivation will come from a Corvette powerplant (somehow that just sounds SO wrong, when talking about a Cobra)

iconic-ac-large008.jpg

iconic-ac-large006.jpg

the absolute lack of any side-impact bracing/protection underneath, as well as the non buttressed (or is the term gusseted?) roll bar makes this car seem even more dangerous than the originals...

With all their torque-vectoring, yaw-controlling, whiz-bang electronic and computerized devices intervening on the drivers' behalfs, practically anyone can get in and be a hero in most modern day supercars...

it takes BALLS to strap 450+ HP, a soda-can body, and (back then) bias ply tires onto this and try to tame the dragon.

kirkframe001x5.jpg

AFAIK, there were no serious wrecks/fatalities in the (actual) Cobra competition cars back when they were the state-of-the-art, which is a true testament to the driving skills of the men who raced them; and a bit of a miracle, too.

So the people from the first four films VS the Rock sounds cool I might have to sit down and watch the three films I have not watched.

Do yourself a favor and skip 2 Fast 2 Furious, as the storyline sucks and it practically doesn't fit the movie timeline.

Do any of you guys have project cars?

I'm currently working on a 1970 Mustang, and was able to finally get the ignition system to work (The engine was missing a ground). Next steps are a rebuild of the tranny and getting all of the lights to work.

Can't wait to see fast five, but the timeline doesn't make sense to me. Han died in the third film, and he's in this latest one.

New BMWs get uglier than ever, even after Chris Bangle retired from the design team.

(Click at your own risk!)

I don't understand the bunny ear side view mirrors, and the front end looks like a german camaro, but it's also in the test car tape so have to reserve judgement

New BMWs get uglier than ever, even after Chris Bangle retired from the design team.

(Click at your own risk!)

It will never exist in any form like that.

So the people from the first four films VS the Rock sounds cool I might have to sit down and watch the three films I have not watched.

Meh... Rock will probably join the team and help them jack a car or something, as such is the overarching "Bro-Honor" theme of these films.

Edited by Ghost Train

Talk about complete insanity. Built on a modified Lotus Exige platform, the 2011 Hennessey Venom GT is powered by a modified version of the Corvette ZR1's 6.2 liter LS9 V8. A single supercharged version makes 725 bhp, but a twin turbo will give you up to 1,200 bhp @ 6,500 RPM. Despite all that power and a hefty V8, the car weighs in at an impressively light 2,685 lbs. Hennessey claims a 0-60 acceleration time of 2.5 seconds and a top speed of 272 mph.

2011-Hennessey-Venom-GT-Front-And-Side-1920x1440.jpg

2011-Hennessey-Venom-GT-Rear-And-Side-2-1920x1440.jpg

2011 Hennessey Venom GT

Edited by areaseven

Talk about complete insanity. Built on a modified Lotus Exige platform, the 2011 Hennessey Venom GT is powered by a modified version of the Corvette ZR1's 6.2 liter LS9 V8. A single turbo version makes 725 bhp, but a twin turbo will give you up to 1,200 bhp @ 6,500 RPM. Despite all that power and a hefty V8, the car weighs in at an impressively light 2,685 lbs. Hennessey claims a 0-60 acceleration time of 2.5 seconds and a top speed of 272 mph.

I think you meant super charged or twin turbocharged, the press release doesn't mention a single turbo setup, probably because a single turbo setup would have some interesting exhaust plumbing compared to the twin turbo setup.

I think you meant super charged or twin turbocharged, the press release doesn't mention a single turbo setup, probably because a single turbo setup would have some interesting exhaust plumbing compared to the twin turbo setup.

Forgot to edit that part before posting. Fixed.

Talk about complete insanity. Built on a modified Lotus Exige platform, the 2011 Hennessey Venom GT is powered by a modified version of the Corvette ZR1's 6.2 liter LS9 V8. A single supercharged version makes 725 bhp, but a twin turbo will give you up to 1,200 bhp @ 6,500 RPM. Despite all that power and a hefty V8, the car weighs in at an impressively light 2,685 lbs. Hennessey claims a 0-60 acceleration time of 2.5 seconds and a top speed of 272 mph.

Certainly flies in the face of Colin Chapman's "minimalist" design philosophy, eh?

272 mph? Seriously. who the he*l would even TRY to see if that boast is attainable? Get the wreath & casket ready, mate...

ed: would make for a kick-ass 1-mile-long drag race, though: Venom vs. Veyron.

buyfordollar_main.jpg

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"

Edited by reddsun1

Can't wait to see fast five, but the timeline doesn't make sense to me. Han died in the third film, and he's in this latest one.

Tokyo Drift just isn't in chronological order with the others. The Fast and the Furious, Too Fast, Fast and Furious and Fast Five have to take place before Drift.

Tokyo Drift just isn't in chronological order with the others. The Fast and the Furious, Too Fast, Fast and Furious and Fast Five have to take place before Drift.

Perhaps, but I always thought 2 Fast 2 Furious was non-canon, given that Paul Walker's position there (ex-cop turned fugitive) contradicts with that of Fast and Furious (ex-cop turned FBI agent, then fugitive). And given that both Tyrese Gibson and Ludacris are in this new one, there'd better be a lot of explaining to do. Because having Paul Walker go FBI after 2 Fast 2 Furious just wouldn't make sense, given the ending of that film.

LOL, you guys are putting WAY too much thought into this, expecting far too much in the way of coherence from these movies. :p

I'd wager a good deal of the brainstorming/writing for these flicks involved lots of time spent in rooms with copious amounts of alcohol, notes scribbled in magic marker on scrap paper, and some hot wheels toys... <_<

Edited by reddsun1

LOL, you guys are putting WAY too much thought into this, expecting far too much in the way of coherence from these movies. :p

I'd wager a good deal of the brainstorming/writing for these flicks involved lots of time spent in rooms with copious amounts of alcohol, notes scribbled in magic marker on scrap paper, and some hot wheels toys... <_<

Hey now, give them some credit. Clearly they're scribbling notes on a big white board. :p

9:00AM Fast Five Brainstorming Session

ANd then he be like vrooom, and the other guy be like vraaaam, and then there is explosion, and the popo arrives with tactical gear and scoped M-4's flashbang the room, and then Blam, rocky does people's elbow, followed by regeaton booty booty booty booty booty everywhere then villain be like, "hey I race u biotch" and then of course we have an import vs detroit muscle race, imported from Detroit biiiiaaaatch! then popo arrives again, and Torreto kayak's to Japan in a converted El Camino. Meanwhile, the team arrives in the UK to face the enigmatic racer mercenary known as The Stig in a tale involving guns, drugs, hookers, and cars, setting the stage for the sixth movie.

LordOfTheDriftJourney.jpg

ANd then he be like vrooom, and the other guy be like vraaaam, and then there is explosion, and the popo arrives with tactical gear and scoped M-4's flashbang the room, and then Blam, rocky does people's elbow, followed by regeaton booty booty booty booty booty everywhere then villain be like, "hey I race u biotch" and then of course we have an import vs detroit muscle race, imported from Detroit biiiiaaaatch! then popo arrives again, and Torreto kayak's to Japan in a converted El Camino. Meanwhile, the team arrives in the UK to face the enigmatic racer mercenary known as The Stig in a tale involving guns, drugs, hookers, and cars, setting the stage for the sixth movie.

hehe, you've got your finger on the pulse of Hollywood. Somebody greenlight it! :p

One word: EPIC!!!