Read only if you want a good lol: A uneducated Robotech fan watches Ma

Vostok 7

Alright, which one of you posted as "Robosuck"? I'm looking at Agent One....

I doubt it. AgentOne is as opinionated as they come, but he's generally good natured about it in so far as I've ever seen.

Well I actually like the blog. Astro Bunny has good taste in anime girls; the pictures that he puts up are all very cool, so he's got a good eye for presentation. The blog itself is also pleasing to the eye. I haven't read many of the entries; but really, other than the Robotech/Invid laced over-head review of Frontier, not much else makes you feel like he doesn't know what's happening.

When writing about individual chapters, one gets the feeling that he watched them in haste, had bad subs, or maybe even watched RAWS.

In any event - somebody should just email Astrobunny and invite him to the forum because he seems to be a Macross Frontier fan and has enjoyed the anime. I'm sure he'd enjoy this forum as well and would probably be brought up to speed.

Laughing at ignorance is fun, but it's not good to flame the kid - especially since his ignorance - far as I can tell - is innocent. He likes anime, he's a fan, he just doesn't know the facts.

Pete

The blogger does appear to be young, so I can understand how one should take pity on him and not bash. But, if he continues to constantly use "full of awesome" and/or "full of win" or a similar facsimile there of then I will be tempted to add some flames of my own.

Edited by sharky

Have you ever had a situation where you think you know that something is true, so you never check it? And then of course it turns out to be wrong? I think that's what happened here.

Anyway, yes...if the guy's NOT joking (and if he is, he's pretty deadpan about it), then this blog is Macross/Robotech Follies at its finest. But he makes couple of good points...don't you all think Ranka could be Dana's grand-daughter?

It comes across as a deliberately written piece of comedy. Its that simple. It is possible for people to be unintentionally funny but this one really pushes it.

It seems to be saying "People who love Robotech but not Macross are a bunch of naive fools" and who here has NEVER thought that?

Taksraven

Sadly, there's a large number of people out there that believe Robotech = Macross.

One more, right there.

I can tell you with the success of Macross Frontier that less and less people are confusing Macross with Roboshit. Many times on Youtube and on the Internet in general, I saw many people explaining to others that Macross and Homotech are two seperate universes. Thanks to Macross fans, ignorance regarding Macross and Robocrap is going to be a thing of the past.

Edited by Macross007

Robocrap is what got me into Macross; I learned later (much to my delight) that Macross was a far more interesting world, and not as depressing as robocrap. Plus, i like the DRYL version of the SDF-1 far better! JMO.

PLUS, Macross Plus, Macross 7 and Frontier continue the story on FAR better. I LOVE the soundtrack to Macross Plus!

Robocrap: well.... bastard children will be bastard children. I do like the opening theme song, but that's about it now.

Does all this talk of 'heretics' and 'saving souls' mean that we are going to try to have macross declared a religion? Who would we have as our first pope?

Taksraven

Kawamori-san, of course! Duh!

If you didn't know that... Maybe you're a Robotechist too... LYNCH HIM!

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

Kawamori-san, of course! Duh!

If you didn't know that... Maybe you're a Robotechist too... LYNCH HIM!

Vostok 7

Mr Kawamori is our Messiah, Pope is ranked a little bit lower than that. Time to revise your knowledge of theology, dude.

And Macek is the serpent on the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.

Taksraven

Robocrap is what got me into Macross; I learned later (much to my delight) that Macross was a far more interesting world, and not as depressing as robocrap. Plus, i like the DRYL version of the SDF-1 far better! JMO.

PLUS, Macross Plus, Macross 7 and Frontier continue the story on FAR better. I LOVE the soundtrack to Macross Plus!

Robocrap: well.... bastard children will be bastard children. I do like the opening theme song, but that's about it now.

I fell the same way except when I see the RT opening I just feel really dirty. :lol:

You guys are scaring me, a little.

Personally, I think someone who doesn't know the difference between Macross and Robotech should be pitied (and instructed) rather than censured.

(If, however, upon seeing Macross, they still say Robotech is better...then by all means, hit 'em with everything you've got.)

You guys are scaring me, a little.

Personally, I think someone who doesn't know the difference between Macross and Robotech should be pitied (and instructed) rather than censured.

(If, however, upon seeing Macross, they still say Robotech is better...then by all means, hit 'em with everything you've got.)

I try to instruct them, but first I've fun with them

No.

The sweet, sweet elixir of Yoshinol is reserved only for the most repentant of converts.

This young blogger has merely taken the first step in his perilous (yet rewarding) journey towards Macross enlightenment.

To allow the lips of such a young, inexperienced, and un-versed initiate to touch the sacred Yoshinol would only cheapen and demean our most treasured of beverages. It would be akin to awarding the gold medal prior to the start of the marathon or giving the student an A before taking the final exam.

Only after much researching and struggling, only after realizing the horrors that HG hath wrought, and only after basking in the pure unblemished sight of the original Japanese versions and its many beautiful follow-up series can an honest and true conversion take place.

And even then, the initiate must still fully repent and confess--truly and genuinely in his heart--that the Macross universe is superior to the Robotech version.*

The partaking of the Yoshinol is the culmination of this journey, the reward for this final enlightened act of repentance. Those first sips of Yoshinol are symbolic of the exuberant joy one feels after stepping out of ignorance and into the warm embrace that is Macross enlightenment.

When we come together and partake of the Yoshinol, we are reminded of our community of Macross World and of our own conversions to Macross. When we drink of the Yoshinol, we also do it in remembrance of the Hory Froating Head and the wonderful Macross universe he created.

So, in other words, no Yoshinol for the n00b...........yet.

* The various denominations of Macross-ism differ on how much Robotech should be renounced. Some hard-liners believe that full disavow-ment and rejection of Robotech must take place. Others allow the initiate to acknowledge or even respect aspects of Robotech. But all denominations are clear that acknowledging the superiority of Macross over Robotech is the core tenant for true repentance to take place.

:D:p

What's Yoshinol?

No.

The sweet, sweet elixir of Yoshinol is reserved only for the most repentant of converts.

This young blogger has merely taken the first step in his perilous (yet rewarding) journey towards Macross enlightenment.

To allow the lips of such a young, inexperienced, and un-versed initiate to touch the sacred Yoshinol would only cheapen and demean our most treasured of beverages. It would be akin to awarding the gold medal prior to the start of the marathon or giving the student an A before taking the final exam.

Only after much researching and struggling, only after realizing the horrors that HG hath wrought, and only after basking in the pure unblemished sight of the original Japanese versions and its many beautiful follow-up series can an honest and true conversion take place.

And even then, the initiate must still fully repent and confess--truly and genuinely in his heart--that the Macross universe is superior to the Robotech version.*

The partaking of the Yoshinol is the culmination of this journey, the reward for this final enlightened act of repentance. Those first sips of Yoshinol are symbolic of the exuberant joy one feels after stepping out of ignorance and into the warm embrace that is Macross enlightenment.

When we come together and partake of the Yoshinol, we are reminded of our community of Macross World and of our own conversions to Macross. When we drink of the Yoshinol, we also do it in remembrance of the Hory Froating Head and the wonderful Macross universe he created.

So, in other words, no Yoshinol for the n00b...........yet.

Says a guy with a BETA FIGHTER AS HIS AVATAR!!!

HERETIC!!!

HYPOCRYT!!!

ON THE PHYRES WITH HIM! BURN HIM I SAY!! HE SPEAKS OUT OF TWO MOUTHS - ONE SWEET WITH YOSHINOL, THE OTHER WITH VENOMOUS HOMOTEC FLUIDS!!

Pete

Edited by VFTF1

How do you know it isn't a Tread? laugh.gif

Oh my Hory Froating Head you're right! I must be infected by thought-crime and evil-think! If I see a Tread and immediately think "Beta fighter/Robotech"... then...I...I...I am the very thing I swore to defeat! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*jumps off bridge*

forgive me Sumerdimmensional Cinderella!

Pete

Robocrap is what got me into Macross; I learned later (much to my delight) that Macross was a far more interesting world, and not as depressing as robocrap. Plus, i like the DRYL version of the SDF-1 far better!

Ditto.

Well... I actaully prefer the TV-style Macross to the DYRL/refit-style.

Daedalus Attack is SO much more fun to say than ARMD Attack.

Looks like the kid even gave us a shout-out in his apology.

"Of course, I would like to apologize to all my readers, especially to the ones at macrossworld.com if I have invoked any suicidal tendencies or sparked any passionate rage in them. "

And as a reward for laeding a heathen towards the light, we shall now be blessed by the Hory Froating Head.

post-720-1229767588_thumb.jpg