Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.3

Graham

Edit: If I may review the review, :p its great! I would have liked to see the transformation process though-- and there were some slight inaccuracies with regards to the background story of the VF-25 near the end of the review. But an AMAZING job overall!

I would have liked to have seen it without the nearly 5 strait minutes of ridiculous pan and and zooms :wacko:

Yeah... This is the only Wiz review I don't like.

OK, I'll lay off the pans.... put only a little! ;)

I also plan a transformation if I can fit it in under the 11 minute mark. But I'm not sure about how the head is meant to mount as every time it seems to end up slightly different.

OK, I'll lay off the pans.... put only a little! ;)

I also plan a transformation if I can fit it in under the 11 minute mark. But I'm not sure about how the head is meant to mount as every time it seems to end up slightly different.

Holy! Wiz, you joined MW? Welcome to the forum, man. It's me, SchizoFilms, in case you didn't extract that ;)

Holy! Wiz, you joined MW? Welcome to the forum, man. It's me, SchizoFilms, in case you didn't extract that ;)

Yeah, I kind of knew it must be you, as you were bitching about my video :blink::lol:

Is there a Transformation guide for the head of the VF-25 here? As I can make it sit a number of different ways but don't know if any of them are the correct one... Learning Japanese is still on my to do list.

Yeah, I kind of knew it must be you, as you were bitching about my video :blink::lol:

Is there a Transformation guide for the head of the VF-25 here? As I can make it sit a number of different ways but don't know if any of them are the correct one... Learning Japanese is still on my to do list.

Yeah, that neck/chest transformation is a bit funky. I tried following the instruction closely (the pics with the back view showing the cockpit block leaning on the neck platform), but the neck turn out short even on my Alto. But today when I transform it again and did the neck/chest slightly at a different angle, the neck sticks out more and now looks great (though the back view is not as close to the instruction pic as before). Since the chest assembly doesn't lock at a specific spot, I guess its up to us to arrange it however we like to get the best results? Not sure really.

Still wondering how the missiles that come with the Gallia IV set will attach, give the lack of hard points on the toy's wings.

I really hope it's not an over-wing clip, like on the old 1/55 Strike Valk, but I can't see how else they will do it, unless the set also includes all new wings with hard points.

Graham

We've not seen pics of the micro-missile hatch open, if it can indeed be opened. There appears to be a hinge for it but I wouldn't be surprised if it couldn't.

Hi, just wondering, does anyone know the status for the 1/6 VF-25 from Bandai? Because I was looking on Hobby Link Japan and it seems the 1/60 Ozma and Alto versions have been discontinued according to HLJ.

Sweet!! There should really be a link in the scoop thread.

About the Gallia IV set-- are we even sure it is coming out anymore? Afterall we haven't heard anything about Ozuma's super parts or the Ghost's for Luca.

On a related note, Alto is now USD160 on Angolz! Is this insane or what!?

Edited by edwin3060

Ghost, no..but Ozma I'm assuming would get the full armor before it got the super packs.

That doesn't make sense, since the moulds for the super parts are done. Given that they haven't announced the web exclusive for the Ozma Super parts, I can think of 2 scenarios:

1) There was such high demand for Alto Super parts that they diverted production of Ozma's to satisfy demand. This could explain why they re-opened the web ordering for Alto.

2) They are slowing down releases in lieu of the current economic outlook. This could explain why there haven't been any announcements of new products past March.

If demand was high on the Alto Super parts, I don't think they would have diverted production unless Ozma's wasn't expected to be high in demand. I bet many people, if not most, are waiting for the Ozma Full Armor pack and probably would be skipping the Super, atleast for now.

Also there's money to be made on the Full Armor since there is an Alto set to be made there as well. Besides, with the Super packs molds done, it isn't as if they can't go back and release a Ozma Super version (maybe even as limited edition) later on to catch collectors who wanted the complete set.

after the vf-25g, rvf-25, and armor, bandai should do the vf-27, vf-171, and maybe a 1/60 vajra and koenig. or do anything not released to be done in 1/72 scale.

Why are they always on their tip-toes in those gerwalk pics. Just lazy transformation or are they trying to hide the poor angle in gerwalk.

Also there aren't any pics with their gunpod attached so I guess displaying a parked VF-25G with Gunpod is impossible.

What were they thinking when they designed those landing gears? It not only looks bad but also prevents a major feature of the plane itself.

Is the fuselage a new mold? O_o Looks far more sleeker and less chunkier compared to Alto and Ozuma's... That, or they did a bit of Photoshop work...

Amazing pics. @_@

I think its more the fact that the Super packs make it look much better, with the bulked up portions making the other parts look slimmer and closer to the anime.

sh002: The VF-171 EX Alto custom should be a shoo-in for production, as will the RVF-171 Luca, and probably a CF version. The VF-27 should be made as well I hope. The Koenig Monster... I wish but probably not. It would really be MASSIVE.

DarkReaper: +1 to your gripe about the landing gears. Maybe they will release the movie version with proper landing gears as a bonus :(

Edited by edwin3060

yes the koenig would be too big in 1/60 scale even though it's just the koenig. a koenig in 1/72 scale or bandai's take on it in 1/100 scale would be cool. i just want an extremely large in-scale macross figure to be made by bandai like what hasbro did with the large millenium falcon that used to hang in toys r us'