Macross Frontier News Thread V

azrael

Liner note translations for episode 22 are out here.

Have fun, but don´t disseminate them all over the internet. ^_^

Thanks so much for these translations, magnuskn! Quite an interesting read.

You know, as much as I have nothing but incredible respect for Kawamori-san, in reading these notes I find that my favorite aspects of Frontier were either ideas he was directly opposed to or not in favor of initially. From what I gather, all the human/emotional aspects of the show would have been removed had he been solely in charge. That saddens me a bit, because I think the man is a genius otherwise.

Episode 20, 21, 22? Then those translations are NOT from the DVD/Blu-Ray liner notes. We're only on vol. 7 which goes up to Episode 19 so they are not coming from the DVD/Blu-Ray liner notes and makes me wonder where all of this is coming from. Certainly the books, but definitely not the DVD/Blu-ray liner notes.

Episode 20, 21, 22? Then those translations are NOT from the DVD/Blu-Ray liner notes. We're only on vol. 7 which goes up to Episode 19 so they are not coming from the DVD/Blu-Ray liner notes and makes me wonder where all of this is coming from. Certainly the books, but definitely not the DVD/Blu-ray liner notes.

No, they are not from the official DVD/B-R releases. ^^

They are from a Spanish board, where Shaloom, the owner of the board, makes those liner notes for the subs an affiliated group is bringing out. The sources are as told in the liner notes.

No, they are not from the official DVD/B-R releases. ^^

They are from a Spanish board, where Shaloom, the owner of the board, makes those liner notes for the subs an affiliated group is bringing out. The sources are as told in the liner notes.

So they're just "notes" and may or may not be from magazine interviews, books or what not. <_<

So they're just "notes" and may or may not be from magazine interviews, books or what not. <_<

Uh, yeah. Did I ever say something else?

And the sources are clearly stated in the liner notes themselves. Mostly from the radio show with the VAs of Bobby Margo and Ranka Lee, and from the novels for the Macross TV series, written by Hiroshi Ohnogi. Did you read my translations? Because, except in cases of some ship designs and so on, I always included that, IIRC.

Uh, yeah. Did I ever say something else?

And the sources are clearly stated in the liner notes themselves. Mostly from the radio show with the VAs of Bobby Margo and Ranka Lee, and from the novels for the Macross TV series, written by Hiroshi Ohnogi. Did you read my translations? Because, except in cases of some ship designs and so on, I always included that, IIRC.

The thing I find strange about it is that the SDFM TV novelizations weren't by Ohnogi, but by Toshiki Inoue, and the DYRL novelization is by Sukehiro Tomita...so which novels are the liner notes talking about? :blink:

The thing I find strange about it is that the SDFM TV novelizations weren't by Ohnogi, but by Toshiki Inoue, and the DYRL novelization is by Sukehiro Tomita...so which novels are the liner notes talking about? :blink:

Apparently another set? I really am not on the up and up about what novels were written by whom. But I highly doubt Shaloom pulled the references out of his behind.

Apparently another set? I really am not on the up and up about what novels were written by whom. But I highly doubt Shaloom pulled the references out of his behind.

No, I'm sure he didn't...but I've only ever seen one set of novelizations (I only ever had Volume 2. I really need to find a complete set of all three...).

Ohnogi DID write "Misa Hayase: White Reminiscences," which I'm currently (and very slowly) translating, but I believe that's only about Misa's youth.

He probably also wrote parts of "Dreaming Prelude: My Fair Minmay," but I still don't have that one, so I don't know. But that's a series of stories set on the day of the Miss Macross Contest, so the "Shao Pai Long" director taking Minmay's hand couldn't be there...

I dunno. I'm mystified. And since I'm trying to do a COMPLETE Macross translation, I'd like to know what kind of wild goose I'm chasing... :p

MF Movie PV in L.C.

The theme of PV is Ranka's new song「そうだよ」

and PV's lines

ランカ「ねぇ、アルトくん、シェリルさんのこと、どう思う?」

アルト「うそだろ、あいつがそんな!!」

シェリル「みそこなったわ、アルト。私は、どうせもうすぐお別れなんだから」

ランカ「どうがんばっても、自分はシェリルさんみたいになれないよっ!」

シェリル「本番では、もっとギリギリ限界までカッコよく飛びなさい」

アルト「やめろ、ランカに手を出すな!」

ランカ「シェリルさん?どうして、私の」

アルト「どんなことがあっても、お前はひとりぼっちじゃない!」

Edited by kresphy

MF Movie PV in L.C.

The theme of PV is Ranka's new song「そうだよ」

and PV's lines

ランカ「ねぇ、アルトくん、シェリルさんのこと、どう思う?」

アルト「うそだろ、あいつがそんな!!」

シェリル「みそこなったわ、アルト。私は、どうせもうすぐお別れなんだから」

ランカ「どうがんばっても、自分はシェリルさんみたいになれないよっ!」

シェリル「本番では、もっとギリギリ限界までカッコよく飛びなさい」

アルト「やめろ、ランカに手を出すな!」

ランカ「シェリルさん?どうして、私の」

アルト「どんなことがあっても、お前はひとりぼっちじゃない!」

Could someone translate this? Babelfish spits out a bunch of nonsense, but it includes enough "Alto" and "Sheryl" that I am very interested. ^^ I guess it´s someone asking Megumi about the love triangle and her place in it?

Could someone translate this? Babelfish spits out a bunch of nonsense, but it includes enough "Alto" and "Sheryl" that I am very interested. ^^ I guess it´s someone asking Megumi about the love triangle and her place in it?

I can't translate the whole thing, but it's just dialogue between Sheryl, Alto and Ranka. I dunno it's normal or not, until someone translate it.

Eh, and Ranka's new song "That's right!" (Soudayo?).

Hmm... something along the lines of:

Ranka: "Say Alto.. What do you think of Sheryl?"

Alto: "No way! There's no way he/she would..."... Alto also likes to use あいつ, so it could be reffering to almost anyone.

Sheryl: "I've misjudged you, Alto. I'm after all I'm soon going to leave."

Ranka: "No matter how hard I try I can't be like Sheryl!"

Sheryl: "During the real thing, push yourself to the limit to fly in a cool-looking way!" ... Ew, this one was not easy to put into English.

Alto: "Stop it, don't touch Ranka!"

Ranka: "Sheryl? Why, my" ... really just a fragment...

Alto: "No matter what happens you are not alone!"

Not a serious translation mind, just the gist of it I get from looking it over. Anyway, it doesn't appear to be dialouge as much as isolated quotes, presumingly taken from the movie. Taken out of context most of them are really vague.

Alto: "No way! There's no way he/she would..."... Alto also likes to use あいつ, so it could be reffering to almost anyone.

Sheryl: "During the real thing, push yourself to the limit to fly in a cool-looking way!" ... Ew, this one was not easy to put into English.

Not a serious translation mind, just the gist of it I get from looking it over. Anyway, it doesn't appear to be dialouge as much as isolated quotes, presumingly taken from the movie. Taken out of context most of them are really vague.

Thanks the translation, VF-25, I take back my statement, these are obvious hints to the upcoming events in the movie.

Eh, but I can't tell much without seeing the P.V.

Edited by REbirth

Thanks! Very much appreciated. :)

Aww.. I thought the movie was supposed to focus more on Klan... maybe they are trying to slowly segue into the movie, starting from the TV series ^_^

*head desk*

That's only 8 lines of dialogue in what will probably be a 60/90/120-minute movie....That's what...15...20 seconds of dialogue, total. :rolleyes:

Aww.. I thought the movie was supposed to focus more on Klan... maybe they are trying to slowly segue into the movie, starting from the TV series ^_^

I'm not totally sure how seriously I take a claim it will be more about Klan: wasn't that statement posted along with clearly silly cast interview answers and a big picture of the whole cast having switched costumes? I got more of a "the movie's coming and we're not giving much away" vibe out of it.

1235357513-Macross_22_Launch_Pre_0062.jpg

The Sheryl picture on the door is the same one that came on a sticker with the last single CD. I'm surprised the Ranka picture on the other door isn't the other one from her single CD release as well...

For those who didn't get them, both came with 2 special stickers. The "Monster Girl" + another for Ranka and the "Rise Up" + the one shown on the door here for Sheryl...

From Animekon:

"Macross-themed Adult Video titled “Cosplayer Frontier”, to be released this April 24 by AV maker TMA". :wacko:

Well, the "actress" playing Ranka looks cute, but the one playing Sheryl is not someone I'd take a second look at, but, judging from the photo, has the properly enhanced "assets" to play the part.

Edited by edwin3060